Was Neelix bordering being a stalker?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Neutral Zone, Sep 16, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't care if Han is enabling weak minded people into early dementia. His pragmatism is romantic, dashing even. If the same pragmatism was applied to moisture farming it would be as romantic as dung.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about shooting small animals from his speeder?

Seriously saying that in the war room should have gotten Luke a psych evaluation and 48 hour hold, but instead they strap him into an X-Wing and tell the little bugger to fuck communism.

Maybe they let the line pass because there was a 99 percent change that he'd be dead in a couple hours?

3. teacake

They were rats. Everyone is allowed to shoot rats. All cultures have one animal you are allowed to kill without ethics coming into it and it is usually rats. Now if he was shooting sand people like his father it might be different.. but probably not as all they required at the time was someone to sit in a cockpit.

4. Guy Gardener

if you kill a whamprat that comes into your house, that fucker is impinging into civilization and that frakk is toast. No problem. However, not enough rats were in lukes house, or near his house that he needed his rocket powered hover craft to go look for small animals to kill.

i mean he's abully. In the garbage compactor when he met an animal that could fight back he like just ran away, pissed his pants and cried and shit.

5. teacake

Maybe the womp rats were feral. Introduced species now sucking up all the moisture and eating what grains were eked out of the soil. Real Men shoot feral, non-native massive pigs from helicopters in Australia, they lean out of their manly helicopters and fire mortars at the things in the wetlands and they blow up. No one cares because the pigs are trashing the environment and delicate marsupials are dying because of them. You can't even eat these pigs, they are full of worms.

So maybe this was the case with the womp rats, perhaps there was even a bounty paid for them to rid Tatooine of the vermin. Luke might be an environmental hero.

6. teacake

The desirable vs undesirable Neelix

Desirable

Kinda cute, warm hearted.

Has his own ship and doesn't work for the man.

Enjoys a good meal, a good time, a good holoprogram.. not full of boring ambitions.

Sense of humour.

Undesirable

Covered in hair.

Stupid ideas about women (see: Kes)

Bit of a sycophant, tries too hard.

7. Guy Gardener

I'm imagining that a moisture collector looks like a lamppost with umbrella vein like protuberances... And they don't farm grain, they farm water, and if there are thousands of them all over uncle Owen's farm... How big a dick is a guy who owns an entire farm who lets his sister and and nephew be sold into slavery? Did we miss the scene where Ben threatens to cut his winkle off if Owen doesn't take responsibility for his family... Or was it Beru's farm and Owen married into money too late to save his sister?

Anyways, those womprats are either going to fuck, fight, or eat those moister collectors, I mean seriously it's a tall drink of water in the middle of the desert, so why the frakk ain't they going gobble on that? So yes it's possible that his homicidal interests of young Skywalker coincided well with his chores.

8. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    In 'Night' he came across as a better candidate for first officer than Chuckles. He was spot on about keeping the crew busy in a region like like that. The spats they were having over holodeck time was a sure sign of a morale problem. Time to get the crew busy, Neelix was quite right.

9. teacake

And that makes him hot?

10. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Competence is hot, hence the success of Seven and the Doctor.

11. teacake

I dunno, I like to aim for a little higher in prospective hotness than competence.

:lol:

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Insecure nerds tend to stalk, and I don't mean that in an offensive way. There's a fine line between just caring for someone and stalking someone.

13. teacake

^True. Some people miss all the cues too and think ramping up the pursuit is always the way to go. Neelix should have been panicked over losing Kes because once he started to grasp what she really was it was it should have been obvious she was going to outgrow him. Just having one person on a steep upward trajectory and the other vegetating on a couch is enough.

He saw a lot of potential in the sweet girl he rescued but then he couldn't deal with that potential manifesting itself.

14. The Overlord

The Overlord Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Except there are several examples of Neelix's incompetence during the show's run. Remember the time he got Ensign Hogan killed in Basics?

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Serves Janeway right for trusting him after he lied to her and got the crew captured and risked their lives in Caretaker. I honestly don't get how she could ever have trusted him after that.

Really though Neelix is the guy with a new hobby every week. And every time he gets a new hobby he's talked himself up to the level of "expert" in that field by day two.

16. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

There are crew members in the crew that if you were there you would want to be buds with, he's not one of them.

Apart from his Kes obsession, he doesn't always come across as all that competant, trustworthy and no-way if i could help[ it would I eat his slurry (it's the suff that farmers here put on the crops for manure, liquid cow dung!).

17. teacake

Good times.

18. Guy Gardener

Until those dinosaurs found his shat out bones, and sent a culling fleet Earthward bound to extract the heresy that was insulting their incredibly true religion... "Almost".

19. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So we can also blame Neelix for the Space Dinosaurs abducting Voyager too. :p

20. teacake

But Chak got to make a big speech in that ep so it was all worth it.

Menosky who wrote it with Braga said:

"Robert Beltran was just awesome in 'Distant Origin'. He's just got massive amounts of charisma."

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHrN3cuSR8[/yt]

I practically fell asleep during this.