July Art Challenge - The Lensman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The Lensman, Jul 29, 2013.

1. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Well there was the universe where "The Alternative Factor" was a bit different from the version we know. Okay....alot different. Same sex message episode handled about as deftly as you'd expect from a t.v. show in the 60's. The audience reaction was about what you'd expect as well.

[​IMG]

Funny enough, the "For The Love Of Jim" and "Analysis: James T. Kirk", is actually from the real issue seven. It was also the first issue that came up on Google when I searched for reference material! I couldn't have asked for better, so I recreated it! :)

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good one :)

3. The Lensman

Thanks! I find it funny that there's been nothing but wind and tumbleweeds blowing through this thread. :lol:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

prolly the idea of 2 Young Kirks maybe possibly could be having a XXX Throw-down blew some minds and ruined some peoples undies. ?

5. The Lensman

LOL! It's like you're reading my mind :techman:

I was tempted to do something a little "tackier" because I thought the line "Hot Kirk On Kirk Action!" was funnier. In the end I tried to go for something a bit more dignified and left it up to the imagination of the viewer as to how this "episode" actually played out.

Was the episode serious and thoughtful or farce comedy?

Is duplicate Kirk an android? From an alternate universe? Divergent timeline? Hologram? Fever induced delusion? Talosian illusion? Just some guy who looks like Kirk?

IMO, the episode probably would've been a train wreck given the era of television. Star Trek is my favorite incarnation, but it just wasn't as forward thinking as we're sometimes lead to believe. (See Janice Lester and all the "Captain, I'm frightened" female crew members)

At any rate, the voting should be interesting. :guffaw:

6. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

At first glance, I thought it said, "Same sex massage episode" :eek: - which, given the image, could've been a possibility! :D