What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. dtoliaferro

dtoliaferro Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm currently playing Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator with a Star Trek mod once a month at the Philadelphia Star Trek Meetup Group.

In the game, all players get together in one room for a group starship adventure.

The game works like this, a computer is connected to a big screen TV or projector (which becomes the main viewscreen), players bring their laptops and connect them to the main computer (which become the various bridge stations like: helm, tactical, engineering, etc). The captain gives the bridge officers orders as they try to accomplish their goal.

It's really a lot of fun.

2. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saturday, we had a great game of this classic from about 22 years ago.
    [​IMG]

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just played the first 30 minutes of Red Dead Redemption. I really don't like the controls. Same problem I have with GTA4, which I gave up on eventually. I'm not sure I'm going to like playing this game. The movements felt so horribly awkward, particularly on the horse. And trying to hit something moving, particularly on horseback, felt just about impossible.

4. Davros

I had hours of fun in that game just riding around looking at the scenery.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I had the same problem. My roommate managed to pick up on it no problem, and he eventually even got 100% completion. I played it for about 30 minutes and quit because I was bored and found the controls incredibly awkward. That was a year ago. I haven't touched it since.

6. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I finished my second run through of Modern Warfare 3 and am now starting a new character in Fallout 3.

I'm also continuing to play Morrowind.

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I've just finished Arkham Asylum. Oh. My. God! I had no idea!
    I asked Arkham City for my birthday. Can't wait.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Arkham Aslyum is another game I played for a couple hours but just could not get into the awkward control scheme and eventually gave up. It's a shame because I love Batman and I wanted to experience the story/setting.

9. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

You definitely should give it another go. Work a way around your control scheme and you'll enjoy the game far more. Besides, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill really own this game.

10. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm about 95 hours into Skyrim and still enjoying the hell out of it. I also have carved out a few hours here and there to dust off my Telecaster and play Rocksmith, which is a total blast.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I tried Arkham Asylum, and I had the same problems with it as Mr. Light. I gave up about 5 hours into the game. I've always felt that it would have made a better direct-to-DVD film than a game.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

How odd. I thought Arkham Asylum was damn near perfect.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I think I stopped at the point where the bad guys got guns. They kept gunning me down over and over :lol: Also, that's when my 360 red bricked on me, so by the time I bought a new one, I had no interest in going back to it.

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I definitely didn't find it too hard. If anything I thought the game pretty much played itself. The story and atmosphere were incredible, but I found the gameplay tedious. It's one of those games I respect and I'd definitely rate it a 9/10, but I'm clearly not the intended audience for it. Strangely enough I actually had more fun watching my roommate play through the game than when I was playing it myself.

15. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Started Anno 2070. First city builder I've played since Sim City 2000 back in the mid-ish 90s

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Mass Effect 2 again today, it's my third playthrough. The first one (on my PC) was with a male paragon soldier. The second on (PS3) was with a male paragon infiltrator. And this one (PS3) is with a female renegade adept. I miss my sniper rifle. :(

17. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still working on MW3, but for the nights where I'm sucking it up or the newly rebroken lag compensation rears its ugly head, I've broken out Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. I've got a wide collection of RTS games, many of which I haven't finished, so I'm going to try to make some headway on some of these games.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I played a couple more missions on Red Dead... yeah... not enjoying it... think I'm gonna sell it off.

19. Davros

I picked up a used copy of Space Marines and have been enjoying it so far.

20. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

aside from Skyrim, lately I've been playing LA Noire which is turning out to be fairly interesting . . . I like it mostly for the period elements, since the gameplay is a little boring. I also like the fact that it's not all about the mayhem and shooting and killing like GTA is