Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Oct 15, 2013.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Wow. First the casting of Krysten Ritter (who I adored on Breaking Bad) and now this? I'm actually excited about this show now and I know nothing about the character.

2. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jessica Jones is one of those rare Marvel characters that was actually created this century instead of last century(2001) and caught on with the readers.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Maria Hill would be another, 2005 was her first appearance.
    I had higher hopes for Victoria Hand, 2008, who made a few key appearances on AoShield but was disposed of.

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome news about DT joining AKA Jessica Jones. Glad to see he'll still be working stateside.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Since the press release refers to him only as Killgrave, I must ask the most pressing question: Will he be purple?

6. kitik

Yes, he'll be purple, but thanks to his powers, all of us will think he looks normal.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Let's not forget Daisy Johnson aka Quake aka Skye.

8. kitik

I'd hardly say Daisy Johnson has caught on with the readers the way Jessica Jones or the Young Avengers or the Runaways have. (Nor Victoria Hand and not even Maria Hill.)

9. Turtletrekker

Not a fan of "Secret Warriors"?

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

11. Turtletrekker

Not just Netflix, but all Marvel stuff. Names like Tommy Lee Jones, Anthony Hopkins, Glenn Close, Michael Douglas, Mickey Rourke, among others.

I've given up on fantasy casting because they're so much better at it than I am.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

The frakking Purple Man...?

13. Turtletrekker

I would've been disappointed if they used any other villain. Kilgrave is more than Jessica's arch-foe, he represents every thing she fears. He is her greatest nightmare. It's personal. Furthermore, he is an epic sleeze-ball, and they're always fun.;)

That said, I hope they don't do the purple skin thing. A purple eye-effect thingy when he takes over one of his victims would work for me.

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

OK, I know nothing about JJ...if he has a strong connection to her, that's understandable.

Otherwise, I'd think they were very desperate.

15. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Since Al Pacino is interested in a being in an MCU movie he might be a good choice to play Maximus The Mad.

16. Alidar Jarok

^ Eh, I think he's a bit old for the role.

Yeah, he's a pretty creepy Jessica Jones villain. Essentially, her "origin" is not when she got her powers but when she attempted to fight the Purple Man and he put her under his control, psychologically torturing her and forcing her to work for him for eight months.

Zebediah Killgrave (in addition to having an awesome name) has so much potential as a villain. Really, the best concept of a Daredevil villain until Bullseye. But it was immediately squandered because very early Daredevil wasn't really all that good. But he has some cool stories before Frank Miller's run that's supposedly very good. I haven't seen what he's done since, but there's a recent story featuring all the bastard children of the women he raped while under his mind control.

ETA: I think there has to be purple skin. Make it subtle, perhaps, making him look a bit sickly, but it's his defining characteristic.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Once you go straight to a gun toting genetic modified space raccoon and bipedal bodyguard tree everything after that sounds more normal to audiences.

Purple Man, sure thing, why not! He fits her story, they'll make it work and the audience will be prepared to accept it no matter how it's represented.

18. Alidar Jarok

I'm surprised most people know who Killgrave was. Most people haven't read Jessica Jones. He was originally a Daredevil villain, but that predates even Frank Miller's run. I guess he has some X-Men connection? I know he appeared in the X-Men 90s cartoon.

19. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad I finished watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes s2 last week, so I know who the Purple Man actually is (my only exposure to him) Nicely voiced by Brent Spiner.

Or Agent Coulson. He didn't appear in the comics till 2012

;)

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Except he appeared in the movies first, so that would put him in a slightly different category in my book.