The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went to a rummage sale the other day and I found this nice Sofia princess castle. I was really disappointed by Jakks Pacific's attempt at Princess Peach's castle which was too small for the 4 inch line and even too small for the 2 inch line. And from the reviews I saw it was cheap as heck. So I'm going to give this castle which fits in nicely with my 4 inch scale figures and give it a Mario makeover. Fortunately it looks enough like Peach's castle that it won't trigger my OCD. haha.
    [​IMG]

Kor, Sibyl, Refuge and 2 others like this.
  2. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh I like!!

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  3. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I *almost* got a lot of four SW action figures for $65 which listed 3.75" scale and included the Praetorian Guard. But on closer inspection of the photos, only the Emperor's guard from ROTJ was in 3.75" scale and the rest of the figures were in 6" scale!

:angryrazz: to the seller.

Kor

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  4. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

„He‘s slowing. See, Master Bruce, big muscles require lots of blood. Strength costs wind. Now, if you're gonna beat a big man, all you have to do is outlast him.“

Alfred's fight with "Mr. Cupcake" is still one of my favorites. I love the humor in it and how Alfred uses it to teach Bruce a lesson. And the honor of the street guys.
    You can watch the clip here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then someone on Twitter said "Looks like Alfred’s going to have cupcake for breakfast......."

And I made this:

[​IMG]

Kor, Sibyl and CaptainMurdock like this.
  5. Kor

Not exactly action figures because of no articulation, but does anyone remember those little pink cartoony-looking wrestler figures from Japan? They were all the rage for a while.

Kor

Sibyl likes this.
  6. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

M.U.S.C.L.E.s!

I had tons of them but never completed the collection. I think I even had the ring.

Then they came out with the multi-colored ones in the 90s or early 2000s. Not a fan.

Kor likes this.
  7. Kor

Yes, those are the ones! "Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere." :lol:

Kor

Sibyl likes this.
  8. Kor

I received my $18 Supreme Leader Snoke figure in the mail, then I found one at Target for $12.99. Oh well.

And I bit the bullet and went for a black series Praetorian Guard. Even though I sniped an auction on ebay in an attempt to get a low price, I ended up paying $34 including shipping. Oh well again.

Kor

9. Astra

Never judge a book by its cover - or a phone box by its size!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Sibyl

:eek:

There's a commercial 1:6-scale TARDIS and Doctor Who characters?!?

Okay, on the lookout now!

11. Astra

There is! You didn't know? Quality of the figures vary, serious collectors are not always happy, but I like them. There are also classic Docs 1, 4 plus 12 and War Doc not in this picture.

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/

Sibyl likes this.
  12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The Target-exclusive 6" Black Series Chewbacca based on Solo has been found at multiple stores in Florida and probably elsewhere. Be on the lookout if you want any of the new 6" exclusives!

Kor likes this.
  13. Sibyl

Thank you!

14. Kor

I love crossovers with action figures. Sometimes the scales don't quite match up, though. When I put my 3.75" Marvel and Star Wars figures in a scene together , I have to have the Marvel guys crouch, or they'll look too tall!

Kor

15. Astra

You probably weren't a member of this thread yet when I posted about the TARDIS two years ago. There are two by Big Chief, one for the Eleventh Doctor and one for the Tenth Doctor which also serves for the Ninth. They even have light! They are huge. I think they may be sold out at the original page and some figures are sold out as well, but you may be lucky at ebay, or join us in the Facebook group where sometimes people sell stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcsfans/

Here are some more pictures for you. It also comes with an extra - a pyjama to make a new Tenth Doctor. With the Ninth Doctor you got a smiling Ten head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kor, cooleddie74, Sibyl and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kor

Nice, now you just need to make the Tardis bigger on the inside!

Kor

CaptainMurdock and Sibyl like this.
  17. Astra

A scene that I loved from Gotham episode 4x17 “Mandatory Brunch Meeting” - Alfred getting a book from the shelf. I always wanted a library like that!

And here is how I was able to have book shelves high enough to have Alfred on a ladder. I taped the upper Buffy library book cases (that are attached to walls which would collide but at an angle it worked) together and balanced them on the lower sheets. To my surprise it held like that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kor, CaptainMurdock and Kai "the spy" like this.
  18. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The lighting system, at least for the 11th/12th Doctor version includes 5 jumbo, ultra-bright LEDs. One is mounted within the rooftop "lamp" and the remaining four upon the underside of the roof "cap". The battery compartment and power/setting button are also located upon the underside. Press the spring loaded button once and all 5 LEDs glow steadily, Press it again and the LED within the "lamp" with repeatedly brighten and dim while the remaining 4 glow steadily. A third press shuts off the entire array. The 4 LEDs on the bottom of the "cap" are meant to illuminate the box's interior and thus the windows and the "police public call box" signs. (Funny enough, this is close to the real life set up except it was via a single incandescent bulb positioned in the center of the ceiling.) With the Smith/Capaldi box, the phone cupboard door is translucent as in the show, so the LEDs filter through it as well.

Besides being huge (at 1/6th scale the TARDIS stands roughly 20 inches) it is also heavy. The display piece is cast in "polystone", something akin to a very fine, hard "plaster". Which means, Mogg forbid, if the item were dropped, it would likely shatter like crockery! the good news, because of its weight, I seriously doubt the average house cat could push it off a shelf.

As you may have guessed, yes, I own the Smith/Capaldi box. I also have the Big Chief Tom Baker figure (currently posed emerging from the TARDIS) with the alternate smiling head and a fan made scarf arguably better looking than the one that came with the figure.

Sibyl likes this.
  19. Sibyl

A friend of mine scratch-built a Tennant box at 1:6-scale. You, the thing is HUGE!

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't buy many action figures, but I got Snoke from the vintage collection. It called to me. ;)

Kor and cooleddie74 like this.