Ghostwatch Halloween 1992(BBC One)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Speaking of dramas disguised as live broadcasts, there was a radio play in 1996 in the UK which told the events of the film Independence Day from the British perspective, produced by Dirk Maggs (he of the recent H2G2 radio adaptations) - a kind of tribute to Orson Welles's War of the Worlds. It was apparently given the blessing of Dean Devlin, and featured Nicky Campbell and Patrick Moore. I wonder if it's still available?

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Got round to watching Ghost in the Machine tonight. I thought it was interesting seeing the way the shows have basically gone from low tech by necessity to high tech effects, back to low tech by design.

3. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't see this live because...well, I live in the USA, but I do have it on DVD. I thought it was pretty effective. Until the end when the ghost invades the TV studio (I think I'm remembering that correctly?).

But that's the problem with pretty much all these "real" footage style movies, the endings are always lacking. Paranormal Activity sees to have pulled it off the best, but still that last lunge at the camera is pretty cheesy.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

On Ghost in the Machine the writer said their original ending was going to be to imply the evil from the house had managed to escape through the TV in to every house viewing it. I don't know how they would have pulled that off but that would have been excellent.