X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

WINNING!!!

please don't be hyperbole

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Millar doesn't know how to speak without hyperbole...but let's hope it's not unfounded this time. I have full confidence in Singer. This gonna be a ballbuster of an X-Film. :)

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Exactly. He has a massive reputation for it in fact :) Probably why Fox hired him ;)

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure I remember reading an interview with either Brian Singer or Matthew Vaughn around the time FC came out where they said they were hoping to jump forward a decade with each movie.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yep. Singer is also the one who suggested the sequel could take place in the 70's. He even mentioned Vietnam as well.

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Having McAvoy still playing Xavier past 40ish is going to be tough to buy, even with a shaved head. His babyface doesn't look a day over 30.

8. Captain Craig

Some minor aged prosthetics around the eyes/nose etc would take care of that. Hollywood has been doing that for decades.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Which was why I put a question mark after the original comment.

10. Venardhi

I'm very familiar with aging makeup, having done it a few times myself with both 2d and 3d techniques. In small doses it can be convincing on just about any face, but generally you're better off getting someone closer to their older version and aging them down to their younger version(assuming we're talking a decade or two) rather than getting someone young who you'll have to add a decade or two to. In addition, some faces simply don't take to it well because different faces age differently and bone structure is a major part of that. McAvoy, I suspect, would just look like McAvoy in makeup if you tried to add more than a decade to him, and probably show how little he looks like Patrick Stewart in the process.

Fassbender, however, should probably take to the makeup very well. He wears just enough of his age on his face that emphasizing and adding to it would be a cakewalk in comparison to McAvoy.

The rest of the cast would be a mixed bag. Pushing up the timeline to the point that half the cast needs to spend every morning in the makeup chair for a few hours seems just unnecessary in any case, considering the other half will be in there for their mutant looks already.

11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Honestly, I hope they don't even bother. Ten years, no big whoop. Just the radically different fashion will be enough to differentiate it from XMFC.

12. Venardhi

I'm not talking for this movie, but for the theoretical next one pushing it another 5-10 years.

13. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Or recast with Tom Hardy. :guffaw:

14. Captaindemotion

Given that Fassbender was channelling the young Sean Connery in the last movie, for that whole 1960s-007 vibe, I think he ought to start imitating Roger Moore in this one, set during the era of Rog-as-007. ;)

15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I can just see Fassbender rocking the classic Moore safari suit :) . Would be a nice fashion nod.

16. Captaindemotion

^Hee-hee, the safari suit was exactly what I was thinking of!

17. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Totally off topic but after seeing Fassenbender in First Class I totally wanted to see him in a Bond movie set in the 60s.

18. Captain Craig

A girl friend of mine and I felt the same way. Neither of us are big Daniel Craig fans as Bond. When Fassbender sneaks onto the boat in the all black wet suit, that whole scene just screamed BOND.

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I like Daniel Craig but I just think taking Bond back to his Cold War roots would be all kinds of awesome. Plus Fassenbender would make a great 007.

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Hugh Jackman describes his role as "large", and says that his involvement in the movie "came out of the blue".

An interesting bit...