Back To The Future Trilogy being rereleased in theaters

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Its been tricky to find because different theaters are listing the movies in different ways. My local one is showing only Part II. I thought I would have to drive all the way to Kensosha, WI almost 2 hour drive for me. I thought that was the only theater in Wisconsin showing the whole trilogy. But know I found a theater near Milwaukee showing the whole trilogy. But they list each film individually not as an event. But its obviously the same thing.

Its half the distance for me. Plus its in a mall. There is a new visual guide to making the movies coming out that week plus the complete adventures on Blue-ray. So it should be a single stop for all of that.

I asked for that day off from work months ago. My all time favorite movies, was not going to miss this one time event!

3. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

My area sucks :(. No show times for either the triple feature or the double feature. Oh well.

Strike that! Just double checked via another zip and they're showing the triple feature! :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh man, this is heavy.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, if you can't find a local theater in the listings it is best to call or ask someone at your local theaters to make sure if they are actually showing the Back to the Future marathon or not, the listing isn't prefect.

I'm glad you are going to be able to see your favorite movies in theaters! :techman:

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, our local cineplex is doing this. Odd thing is, one day they're showing 1 & 2 only, then another day they're showing all 3.

7. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why is everything heavy where you come from? Is it the fallout from all the nuclear wars?

I've got 3 theaters in my location (south side of Akron, OH) showing the entire trilogy starting at 4:30pm (one is starting at 5pm)

8. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! No possibility of showings here in the UAE.

7 Cineplexii in my area back home, Sweet Home, Chicago, showing all 3! There has to be a way...wait! Maybe Doc and Marty could pick me up after Doc comes back from the Future, to go back to the fut...

...no, that won't work...damn!

9. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Say Hi To Your Mom For Me

10. HIjol

"Manure!" I hate Camel manure!"

11. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMPM0-k40G8[/yt]

:evil:

12. Dick Whitman

I was not planning on Buying the movies on Blu-ray again. But Bob Gale revealed there is a new bonus disc with a short film called "Doc Brown Saves the World" starring Christopher Lloyd as Doc. It explains how our real 2015 is not the one we saw in Part II.
    Sounds cool!

My first set was really a gift from an ex girlfriend. So I am really not buying it again. Plus at least as part of the "Complete Adventures" set I am getting the animated series for the first time as well.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  13. HIjol

Good plan Whitman! Plus, yeah, If the first set was from an ex-, you aren't really buying it again.

I searched my ample ass off, but I cannot find any information on whether they are gonna take this thing international, or not. Anybody know anything?

Thanks!

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I get why they're doing it on that date, but it sucks that it's a Wednesday.

15. Dick Whitman

I wish Universal had a master list of all theaters showing the movies in all countries. It would make it a lot easier!

There are some specialty screenings in other countries not directly tied to the one in the United States.

16. HIjol

Do you know where I can find the information for the other countries! :)

17. Dick Whitman

Your best bet is checking BacktotheFuture.com. If you are on Facebook the group BTTF.com is a great source of all the events for the 30th Anniversary and stuff tied to the October 21st 2015 date.

18. Dick Whitman

19. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

The first one is still kinda fun but boy... I watched the second one a few months ago and the humour is so silly.

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I kinda go back and forth on Part II a lot, especially when it comes to the 2015 scenes. Sometimes I get a kick out of it and really enjoy that section, and other times (like in my most recent viewing) it all just feels painfully outdated and cartoonish.

I remember at the time being disappointed at how little time was spent in the future, but now I'm actually grateful because it's the alternate-1985 and 1955 scenes that really seem to work the best.