FLASH series being developed for The CW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Amells are really building a dynasty here... Robbie Amell, cousin of Stephen, and fresh from the cancellation of his other CW show "The Tomorrow People", lands a recurring role on Flash. As another superhero, no less.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/09/the-flash-robbie-amell/

I figured he'd land on Arrow eventually in some sort of guest role, but now he's halfway there. :)

Mark

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

First Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer, now Robbie Amell as Ronnie Raymond... there seems to be a trend of DC defaulting to the old, white versions of characters instead of the newer, more diverse versions.

By the way, Robbie Amell has a history with one other Warner Bros. property: He played Fred Jones in the two live-action Scooby-Doo prequels that came out on Cartoon Network/DVD in 2009-10.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fred Jones must die.

He is the only thing standing between me, and living happily ever after with Daphne Blake.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

This is great news.

Here's a post I made in this very thread less than two months ago...

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Has there ever been any real interest in the thingy Choi version of the Atom? His series folded pretty quickly and except for a few spotty appearance he seems to have pretty much disappeared.

6. Guy Gardener

He dated Gigantia.

Which is hilarious, and that alone deserves him a gold medal.

A supervillainess 20,000 times taller than he is.

Tall chicks rule.

Oh, and his lengthy friendship with Ray Palmer was again HILARIOUS!

They never met.

Pen pals.

Scientists in correspondence for years about science.

Chronos a time travelling nemesis of the original Atom, actually faked that lengthy relationship over the course of a long weekend to INVENT the origin/backstory of the Ryan Choi Atom, and use him in a complicated and nefarious plot to destroy Ray Palmer.

Further hilarity...

After an evil version of the Atom who was part of the Suicide Squad for a time Killed Ryan, Gigantia, Ryan's girlfriend, killed that Bad Atom (because she's as evil as she is hot.) and then carried his tiny, tiny, tiny corpse around in a matchbox... I think? That memory might be conflated or fragmented somehow?

Maybe Wells is Chronos if they're going to include the Atom's mythology into this new extension of the Arrowverse?

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Ryan Choi was a recurring character in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, where he had a pretty fun mismatched-partners double act with Aquaman. He was an interesting character there because he thought of himself more as a scientist than a superhero and had little patience with all the macho fisticuffs. Whereas Aquaman (the BB&B version who was a thousand times more fun than Aquaman has ever been anywhere else) was all about the fisticuffs and action and macho bluster over brains. And yet Aquaman saw true heroism in Ryan/Atom and was constantly trying to bring it out in him. That made Ryan a much more interesting character than Ray Palmer was when he finally showed up (as a retired Atom who'd hooked up with a bunch of tiny aliens and become their resident John Carter/Flash Gordon).

8. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Choi was pretty cool in B&TB (as was Aquaman, of course). That said, I'm glad we're getting Ray Palmer as Atom, and Ronniew Raymond. I was never a fan of the second Firestorm, and I barely know Choi. Just because we sometimes get new versions of some heroes doesn't mean the originals need to be thrown away. Heck, maybe Ray could lead to Ryan sometime. Either way, its cool to see some of the more obscure DC characters at least get a bit of an appearance, even if they don't become heroes (although I really hope they do become Atom and Firestorm at some point).

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting...
    Caitlin Snow's fiance Ronnie Raymond is said to have died in the particle accelerator explosion. So I'm guessing this is how he turns into Firestorm instead of in a nuclear one. Or that part was deleted from the pilot.

10. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel like I just had an "A-Ha!/Eureka!" moment while re-watching The Flash Pilot again...

Dr. Harrison Wells...
    It's all right there in his name... H.G. Wells will be none other than freaking Rip Hunter - Time Master (Guy called it, but this basically confirms it). Come on Booster Gold!

11. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Oh for fuck's sake, how did any of us not catch his name?!

12. Guy Gardener

When they used that name on
    Continuum
    as cheese for a trap to route the heroine, I rolled my eyes until the end when it was explained that the Villain of the piece, had looked through the phone book until he had found "that name" and then with humour, engineered that whole weeks escapade around the stunning coincidence that such a person existed.

13. Agent Richard07

How long until we see Professor Martin Stein?

14. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully we'll get the Ronnie and Jason team-up instead of Professor Stein.

15. Agent Richard07

^ Given that this is the CW, it wouldn't surprise me if they went that route. Either that or a young and handsome Martin Stein who's more of a TA.

16. Guy Gardener

Jason melded with a cute teleporter girl who looked 22 with the maturity of a 22 year old but was actually 8 and couldn't stop ever telling people that she was 8.

Ronnie, and/or Jason linked with Firehawk.

I used to ove Firehawks costume.

Original costume

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080627112604/marvel_dc/images/5/5f/Firehawk.JPG

Hybrid with Firestorm

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130131231519/marvel_dc/images/0/06/Firehawk_Prime_Earth_001.jpg

It was the asymmetricality and colours.

:)

Ronnie travelled the world once transforming the active nuclear components in Russia and the US's arsenals into tapioca pudding.

17. Agent Richard07

^ I really liked those variations on the Firestorm costume that we got.

Moving along, here's some news...

Exclusive: DC Entertainment Launches New Arrow and The Flash Digital Comics

Basically, DC Comics is putting out some digital comics written by the showrunners. The Flash comic will be called The Flash: Season Zero and will take place between the pilot and the second episode. The first digital issue will be available on September 8th and the printed version will come out on October 1st.

18. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ghana. She was a good addition to the Firestorm mythos. I really liked her pairing with Jason. Of course, Deathstorm, merged with Jason, had to turn her into salt.

That was her second costume, her first one was less desirable:
    [​IMG]

She designed the second costume in the middle of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It was one of those, I've experienced a change on a personal level, so I need to reflect it in my choice of costume moments. Luckily, her powers included the ability to molecularly rearrange her costume (I think that was the extent of it, to differentiate her power-set from Firestorm).

His promise to Dr. Stein when it was revealed that Stein was dying of cancer. That was John Ostrander's first arc on the Firestorm series, which came out not too long after Superman went through with a similar plan in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

19. Guy Gardener

This is the first time I am "remembering" seeing Firehawk's original costume.

Was Marvel planning to sue because of it's similarity to Dark Phoenix?

20. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Scipio Garling's blog The Absorbascon said it best about the costume change:
    As for Marvel suing DC for Firehawk's costume, as the sort-of sister blog of The Absorbascon, Seven Hells pointed out (in conjunction with The Absorbascon), Marvel might have a case for the character of Ronnie Raymond being "stolen" from them: