What make of car(s) do you currently own?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Green Shirt, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    ^ The Chameleon XLE "The body of a 1976 Oldsmobile Delta 88 with a driver's door from a 1976 Pontiac in a different color. Standard."

One of my favorite bits from SNL. From an era when you have to really pay attention to know that the ad is bullshit. :lol:

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

You never know - it might actually come in handy to have a car like that. At least you won't have to worry about it getting "dinged" if it comes pre-beatup! ;) And it'd make a hell of a winter car.

"They might tow it away...but they'll NEVER steal it." :techman:

On the other hand, the Yaris is a *real* car that you couldn't pay me to own. And whoever wrote those dumbass ads should be shot without trial:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWPXRb1eOY[/yt]

3. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I love my 2005 Hyundia accent, cheap to run, cheap to insure, cheap to repair, and very reliable, and half the price in road tax of my previous car, yeah it's a box on wheels but it does what it says on the tin. :D

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm a fan of smaller cars, too. I've had some larger mid-size cars, but driving smaller cars just feels better, even though sometimes it looks like I'm getting out of a clown car, considering my size.

My first car was a 1984 Ford Tempo. After that, they were all mid-size and larger, until my 1993 Saturn SL2 (I may have said 1992 earlier, but it's a 1993. I mix them up all of the time). I liked them all, but I remember having the fondest memories from the Tempo. So many shenanigans took place with that car. So having this Saturn kind of brings back those memories. My next car may also be a smaller car, I haven't decided. I will say this, even though larger cars are safer, I'm a pretty defensive driver as it is; I like smaller cars because of their higher fuel efficiency, and they're just easier for me to drive. So that goes in their favor.

Where we live, though, most people drive trucks. My parents ask me whether I'd like to have a truck. Usually the conversation goes, "you're a big guy, you need something you can feel comfortable driving," to which I respond, "I'm comfortable driving smaller cars, and cars in general. I don't like trucks," which is true, I'm not a fan of trucks.

5. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I think they are spot on. I've owned a Yaris for many years. It took me places. Small, comfortable, reliable, great mileage. That's all I wanted or needed.

6. NCC1701

NCC1701 Commodore Commodore

1998 Subaru Legacy GT-B, great family wagon with power to burn when needed :techman:

7. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I drive an 06 Scion xB. (love it)
    My wife has an 05 Mazda Tribute. (she hates it)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  8. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

Yeh it's not super-exciting but I don't see anything awful about the Yaris. I'd consider it myself if looking for a new car.

9. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

But you're going to be driving a Juke instead! Automatic!

10. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

Never driven an automatic. Logicaly it should be simple but having less control makes me slightly nervous!

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I have a Pontiac G5, I think. I always mess up the number.

Edit: It's a G6; just checked.

12. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2001 Toyota Corolla. Tan. I am an exciting person.

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I'm just the opposite. I hate any kind of distraction that averts my attention from the road. My one experience with a manual was not ... good.

When I first started driving, my dad insisted I use his car instead of my mom's because of the manual. However, after about two-weeks of gnarly gear-grinding, he finally told me to get the hell out.

It didn't help that, since I was so focused on changing gears, that I wasn't always watching the road. I've stayed away ever since.

14. Amaris

I do a lot of start/stop driving, because we have traffic lights and stop signs everywhere, and for a tiny town we have a ridiculously trafficky main road. A manual would go through so much torture here, and I don't like dealing with it anyway. For me, automatic is the way to go.

15. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can drive anything on wheels, but since my accident I cannot tolerate an manual for very long. Now, I only drive automatic transmission vehicles.

16. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

2006 Honda Pilot. Runs as good now as it did the day I drove it off the lot brand new.

17. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm totally comfortable with automatic, but I kind of understand where you're coming from. I'm not comfortable with cruise control.

18. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whenever I drive an automatic, my foot instinctively looks for the clutch peddle.

19. Amaris

Here's Nyx, all dark and mysterious, prowling around in the snow:

[​IMG]

20. Saito S

Saito S Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ I've never even owned a car but I just wanted to post to say that is an awesome shot. :lol: