You Know You Watch Too Much Doctor Who When...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by CmndrSela318, Jan 26, 2014.

1. CmndrSela318

CmndrSela318 Trek BBS Commander Number 318. Red Shirt

Yeah. I noticed earlier on my laptop and my cell phone it's just showing 2 copies of my avatar. And the edit period has ended on that post. I don't know whether to blame the laptop, myself or, like you said, where I'm hosting my images. I think it's a little of all 3. However, I've changed my mind about giving up...

I'm gonna try again.

You find a goof in Day Of The Doctor. Then you go to IMDB to see if it's listed there. When you see it isn't, you're like "Whew hoo, I found a goof IMDB hasn't noticed." You then start referring to the goof as "MY GOOF."

[​IMG] [​IMG]

See the goof?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Tennats hair is also different in some shots, specifically when the Doctor decided not to use the moment and they are doing a little celebration, Tennant playfully wacks the side of his Tardis and that messes his hair then they go back to him and his hair is normal . LOL

3. CmndrSela318

You're jealous of the poster above you in this thread for noticing a goof in Day Of The Doctor
    you and IMDB hadn't noticed.

Let me swallow my jealousy and say congratulations Tom, that is now your goof. ;)

EDIT:
    Here's what Tom is talking about.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Tennant's hair seems like it would be a continuity nightmare in general. (Although, back in Season 4 & the 2009 specials, it sometimes looked like it was so processed that you couldn't move it with a sledgehammer.)

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're watching The Price is Right and you know a couple are wearing Doctor Who shirts from just an outline of a bow tie and a TARDIS window on the sleeve.

6. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

You know you watch too much Dr. Who when...

Every time you have to think something over, you tell others you have to phone Geneva for instructions.

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

You know you watch too much Doctor Who when...

• you feel odd leaving the house without an electronic sonic screwdriver toy in your coat pocket.
    • you wish some of your shirts had question marks on the collar.
    • you have a couple of police box toys of various sizes around the house.
    • you know exactly which colors were in the Fourth Doctor's original and series 18 scarves.

8. knine

knine Captain Captain

You know you watch too much Doctor Who when....

You use this as a example problem in a physics lecture you taught last semester:

9. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

You know you watch too much Doctor Who when....

- the name "Lorna Bucket" comes out of nowhere when you are talking about women.
    - you are absolutely fearful when you see a toy Dalek and you refuse to take it out of its packaging
    - you absolutely refuse to even own a stuffed Dalek
    - you miss recognizing an old TARDIS key and you lecture yourself on not doing so

10. CmndrSela318

This is a laptop I use for a computer. I'm currently connected to wifi using my little Verizon hotspot. I was just watching The Bells Of Saint John
    on my laptop using the built-in DVD player and this idea came to me.

You find yourself wishing your laptop or desktop computer was dial up so you wouldn't have to use wifi.

--------------

This one is inspired by a David Tennant 2 parter, which happens to be my favorite from his last season/series as the Doctor. I've literally caught myself doing this some here lately.

You find yourself counting the shadows and trying figure out what is casting each shadow.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  11. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    The goof is that nobody in those pictures is wearing a fez.

Someone with question marks on their shirts might be a fan of Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators...

I do have various kinds of Police Boxes around the place. One is a cookie jar that wheezes every time the lid is opened, so it's impossible to sneak anything!

Not only do you know the colors, you actually decide to learn to knit so you can make them!

My own contributions:

- when you sing Venusian lullabies to your fussy kitten so she'll calm down (might work on human babies, too)

- you're convinced that anything mail-ordered from the UK to Canada must travel by TARDIS because it always arrives much faster than you can get a letter from half-way across town

- when you look in your closet and realize you already own the garments necessary to put together Romana's costume from Warrior's Gate (or at least a pretty good facsimile of the tunic)

12. CmndrSela318

[Heavy sigh] Okay. Enough. I got it. My screwy laptop screwed up in that post. That was post #12. I reposted it a few posts later. The repost is #21. And unless my laptop and cell phone are tricking me, post #21 has 2 different pictures. You can see the Matt Smith hair goof in them.

Now back to the thread topic.
    I just remembered one I came up with the other day when I was watching The Ballad of Russell and Julie on You Tube. And then I watched series/season 4 episode Voyage of the Damned. Then I thought of this but didn't post it till now.

You realize you can no longer tell the difference between a Scottish accent and an English accent.

I can still make out an Irish accent. But telling if an accent is English or Scottish...forget it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Of course the 'in universe' reason is the 'Moment' fixed his hair between shots! LOL

14. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    ^Even when the Doctor can't see her, even when it's not really Rose, Rose cannot stop obsessing over Tennant's hair.

I have a Doctor Who calendar at my desk at work that has a different Doctor on it each month. At the end of each month, when I have to turn the page to the next Doctor, I whisper, "It's the end. But the moment has been prepared for."

15. CmndrSela318

I inspired this. I been thinking about St. Patrick's Day (or green day as I call it).

Even though you're female, which I am, you're still considering getting a green clip-on bowtie to wear on St. Patrick's Day.

16. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You name your daughter Susan which would make you...

17. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

You know you watch to much doctor who when in a facebook game you notice that the shade of blue they use is a Tardis Blue.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

...when you get resucitated after dying a bit (in a car crash) and immediately, in the ambulance, (at least according to your wife, should you happen to not remember, cos she was there too) ask how much your face has changed.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

:bolian:

OMG, I hope you're throwing it out so frivolously, because you're absolutely fine now. If it matters, I'll send Prayers and positive feelings

20. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yeah, I'm throwing it out as a "nobody's going to top that, short of being exiled to Earth" frivolity - it happened in 2002, and apart an occasional twinge of claustrophobia that passes in a moment, and a dislike for being in the back seat of a car, I'm all fine.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014