DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i've been following Green Lantern since the Kyle was the only GL...but i think its time for me to take a break. maybe just trade wait the main title. i didn't even pick up GL #21 and flip through it today.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It wasn't that awful.

Decades after the fact, I'm still getting used to rings have a charge spent by use, and not an infinite charge that only exists for 24 hours... But all that with the batteries and rings running out was ridiculous.

I still remember thinking when Hal went insane, started killing Lanterns and wearing their rings "The rings channel his will power, multiple rings shouldn't make him any more powerful... Although insanity could multiply his will power, but that's neither here nor there."

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Guy Gardener

So this is good?

Rather than spending an extra dollar per book... You put your collection on snooze and take your wife, or significant other out to a fancy revolving restaurant with a massive seafood buffet.

And then pick up next moth when everything has settled.

When you don't go to a storefront every week, the monkeys behind the counter get bitchy about the stack building up from your pull list... Isn't it nice of comixollgy to take all the guilt out of the equation?

Jesus!

You're American!

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I wasn't that impressed with the Diggle/Daniel 3 parter on Action Comics, either. It's a real shame that they're having so much trouble doing good Superman stories in this huge reboot... of course, the reboot is part of the problem...

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Picked up Astro City #1.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I just finished reading GL #21 and have to agree. Things seemed to be going great with Hal and Carol so it was kind of surprising to see the reversal in their relationship.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    was Mephisto involved in some way?

9. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

No just the editors.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Astro City #1 was really good I thought, it was almost like we'd never left, except we did and Busiek is very aware of that. The art was great, and it looks like we have a brand new story as well. Sometimes DC does some very good things, bringing back Astro City is one of them IMO.

I actually thought the Action Comics three partner was decent. I was expecting much worse, but it was clear Daniel was writing from Diggle's scripts. I suppose Action Comics #21 was showing us how Luthor was imprisoned. It probably felt rushed because of Diggle's departure. The art was great and the World of Krypton backup story for me has been worth getting the book.

11. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I fell off off Astro City during the seemingly unending Dark Ages arc, but this feels like coming home. And kudos to DC for continuing this creator owned book through their main imprint after the folding of Wildstorm.

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

An evil far more powerful, indeed. ;):lol:

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL--you must have a hell of a pull list if saving a dollar a book can buy you that!

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

It makes me wonder how Johns was even allowed to write those epilogues. Honestly, I think this may the point where I stop reading Green Lantern until I hear that the next Geoff Johns has taken it and done something great with it. The end of GL #20 actually felt like the end of Green Lantern, and I would almost be ok if it were.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

GL #20 made for the perfect jumping off point. Nice sense of closure. You never want that in a comic book. Now people can stop buying :lol:

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never took the epilogues as actual events that will happen, just Johns "treating" the fans of his run and completing his work. Usually those things are just glossed over by the new regime.

17. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

September must be the comics equivalent of "sweeps week".

19. Guy Gardener

As long as they're planning a sweep of mass cancellations on the under performers after they try to go all out but whimper.

20. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't really have any interest in any point 1 issues not by the regula rcreative team, so DC might be saving me a lot of money in September.