The Fall: Peacable Kingdoms cover

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or perhaps we're being too literal minded. Perhaps by "dispatching" Picard, all they mean is that Riker realizes the Enterprise is in a better position to do what needs to be done and gets in contact with Picard to ask a favor. Besides, I'm sure with the fate of the Federation at stake, Picard's not going to quibble over which of them has seniority.

2. Mimi

Mimi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, whoever was suspecting that Ishan might have been up to something really called that one.

3. The Wormhole

In all honesty, I'd have been more surprised if he wasn't up to something.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope that the final cover looks better because that cover is rather bland.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. The other three covers seem to have had a lot of time and energy put into them, while TCS and TPC seem a bit cut and paste.

Still, the blurb sounds great!!

6. gaghyogi49

gaghyogi49 Commander Red Shirt

Here's an article about the ship on the cover. This version of the Karemma ship appeared in "Natural law" at the Ledosian spaceport.

Redresses of the Karemma Ship

7. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I hope it is something like this. I would no longer follow the Titan series without Riker as Captain. I tend to only follow my favorite heroes more so than ships.

For instance, I never cared for Picard so I could care less about an Enterprise story without Riker involved. My favorite series are TOS movie era (including anything with Sulu and the Excelsior), Titan, TOS, DS 9 and new New Frontier.

I would also be interested in a series focused on Captain Ezri Dax. I was very impressed with her in the Destiny books.

8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does anyone know of Titan has been doing well in terms of sales figures? On this board, it would seem that Titan has been losing some of his popularity, mostly thanks to the last two novels.
    Is there a change that IF Riker is indeed promoted away from Titan, we might see the end of Titan as a series?

9. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really like the cover for Peaceable Kinfgdoms, as I've really liked the covers for all of the Fall installments -- Crimson Shadow is one of my fabvorites.

I wonder why the Enterprise is in combat, and whose ship that is? It could be a Karemma ship, as
    the Bajoran Wormhole has re-opened
    . Yet this seems improbable; the Karemma are Dominion members, but only because of coercion, and always tried to have friendly relations with the Federation and Ferengi.

On the other hand, as that Ex Astris Scientia article points out, the same ship model was used as a member of the Bajoran Militia fleet blockading Derna in "Shadows and Symbols." [In-universe, I suppose one might speculate that Bajor bought these ships from the Karemma on the down-low.] So perhaps this is supposed to be a Bajoran ship?

That might seem to fit both with the new back cover blurb, and with something Dayton Ward posted on his blog on 6 February of this year:

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Ishan Anjar is related to Ishan Chaye, one of the Bajorans executed in that flashback episode of DS9.

11. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Adding some pieces together...filling in some blanks... making some guesses...makes me wonder if
    Ishan Anjar, the new President Pro Tempore is a ...gasp...changeling!
    It could be fun...or just a rehash of what has come before. I guess only time will tell :)

12. Sci

There are any number of possibilities. The "new president his hiding his real identity/a dark secret/is a traitor" trope goes back at least as far as The Manchurian Candidate, if not further. President Ishan could be anything from a Founder of the Dominion to a Cardassia First-supporting former Obsidian Order agent to an operative of the formerly-rogue Tal Shiar to a Tzenkethi mole to a reactionary Bajoran nationalist to a Section 31 member to an associate of the Orion Syndicate. Or so could his chief of staff but not him. Who knows?

13. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^The Chief of Staff occured to me too. I'm loving the suspense of it all. I can't wait to find out for sure :techman:

14. The Wormhole

And seeing it from the episode really makes me think of BSG. Which is weird, since Natural Law predates BSG by a little over two years.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not that weird, though, since a lot of the same FX artists and designers worked on both shows.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That might come back to haunt them later. Or in other words: "bad karemma". :guffaw:

17. Sci

Your pun is sh'oqing, I say.

18. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

No. Nonononono. Nooooooo. No.

No.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ahhhhhhhhhh.:scream::crazy::brickwall:

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Surprised nobody has published the new blur? It spoils a couple of (obvious) plot twists, so look away if you don't want to know...

Following the resolution of the fertility crisis that nearly caused their extinction, the Andorian people now stand ready to rejoin the United Federation of Planets. The return of one of its founding member worlds is viewed by many as the first hopeful step beyond the uncertainty and tragedy that have overshadowed recent events in the Alpha Quadrant. But as the Federation looks to the future and the special election to name President Bacco’s permanent successor, time is running out to apprehend those responsible for the respected leader’s brutal assassination. Even as elements of the Typhon Pact are implicated for the murder, Admiral William Riker holds key knowledge of the true assassins— a revelation that could threaten the fragile Federation-Cardassian alliance