Supernatural8x21 "Clip Show" spoiler discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, May 8, 2013.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

New episode this evening, good people. :techman: Penultimate episode of the season, finale next week. Let us enjoy. :bolian:

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's hope it's not an actual clip show!!! :lol:

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

oh dear goodness, i hope its not an actual clip show

4. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

This is ep 822, not 821.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, that title frightens me. No clip shows! :rommie:

6. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Yeah, that's not something I'm not at all worried about simply because they did name it "Clip Show."

If I had to make a random guess, they're going to have to relive certain scenes from the past in order to accomplish something (probably relating to the third test). I totally see using time travel to cure a demon by making different choices that prevent a current demon from ever becoming one, for instance.

7. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

They called an episode Jump the Shark a few seasons ago, and depending on who you talk to I don't think they did. :)

8. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, I so thought she would live. Didn't think there was a chance In hell that she would die.
    Another great episode and soo wish the season wasn't over next week. At this point with the storys, I think this show could get a couple more years out of this. I mean Next season is season 9 but this show seems so fresh.

Love the Alaina Huffman character. So loved her on Stargate Universe.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Another really good episode. I liked Cas & Metatron teaming up; it was an interesting discussion about the goings-on back in heaven. I really liked Crowley finally getting at the boys through the novels--very evil indeed.

Can't wait to see next week's! I guess Abaddon wants Crowley's job.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Wow, that was a fantastic episode. The second half of this season has been terrific.

11. auntiehill

It really has. I am definitely enjoying how this is all coming together. I think the writers found their second wind.

12. Tzenkethi

Tzenkethi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not sure I like demons doing what they do because of some magical 'taint' I always thought they were just evil humans who don't need magic to make them evil.

13. Mister Fandango

We already know that they corrupt a lot (most?) of them through endless torture. They were doing that to Dean during his stint, as well as his father. And after only a year relative to Earth, he was down there doing all sorts of evil torturing himself. A few years more and the process probably would have taken hold.

This is as opposed to souls that were already evil and corrupt before going to Hell, like Crowley apparently.

So sure, I don't see a problem with it. The cleansing is just wiping away all the conditioning they went through in Hell, allowing their "true" self to realize what they've done since turning into a demon. Honestly, it's probably a far worse fate for them than simply killing them, as now they have to live with the guilt and regret of everything they've done for all eternity.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Closing both Heaven and Hell, bold thing, I can definitely see this being "end-game" for the series. It would then give the humans a chance to really direct their own lives.

However, I do wonder what would happen when someone dies, no heaven or hell to go to, do they go to purgatory? Or does no one ever die at all really? So many consequences to closing both heaven and hell. But it would certainly give Heaven a chance to sort out its mess. Very interesting story line threads here, I can see this going on a couple more seasons at least.

15. Mister Fandango

Well, unless they lock up Purgatory, too, it'll be for naught since we already know there's at least a backdoor to Hell. Probably one for Heaven as well.

16. auntiehill

I think "locking the doors" only means keeping them from invading the realm of the living. It certainly doesn't keep souls from going to heaven or hell. It's just that they can't get back to earth again.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ That's what I was thinking, too. "Locking the gates" is always discussed in the context of keeping things in, not out. It would be nice if they were more explicit about that, though, especially since Metatron hinted that locking the gates may not have entirely desirable consequences.

And, speaking of Metatron, he's undergone quite a change in attitude-- he's gone from being a heavenly hermit to wanting to take over. How much do you want to bet that Sam and Cass finish their respective trials at the same time? :rommie:

I can't wait to see them try to cure Crowley. That ought to be good. :D

18. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I was just thinking, they know how to summon Crowley.