Feige on Marvel future projects

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Dec 11, 2010.

1. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

:D

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Moon Knight & Punisher...make it so! :D

I would love to see a Sentry movie. :shrug:

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because 4th time's a charm with Punisher?

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Isaiah Mustafa as Luke Cage? Interesting. He's got the look, but can he play a serious role? All I've seen him in are the Old Spice ads and a cameo on Chuck.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Luke Cage. Michael Jai White or has Spawn ruined him from becoming another superhero?

Black Panther. Maybe Chiwetel Ejiofor or Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, although he might be too bulky for the more acrobatic stuff. Djimon Hounsou, might be too old.

Moon Knight. Jeffrey Donovan.

Iron Fist. I would say Ray Park, but I don't think he could carry a movie as the lead. Find another unknown who has screen presence, really knows his Wushu and can act and you got him, otherwise I have no idea.

Ant-Man. Totally should go to Nathan Fillion, I can see him working well with Edgar Wright.

Punisher. I didn't mind Thomas Jane, the movie wasn't that good, but he was ok as Frank Castle. Maybe use Karl Urban for him.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

However many times it takes 'em to figure out to make him a villain, not an antihero... :rolleyes: :p

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't think so, but Michael Jai White would probably be considered too old by the studio. He'd be an awesome pick, though.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess safe pick for Iron Fist would be Jason Statham. Although I wonder if he would agree to don the green and yellow spandex.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember Ray Park was rumored for the early attempts at making an "Iron Fist" film. I dunno if Marvel Studios would still consider him but I think he would still make an excellent choice for Danny Rand. Not really surprising that we will see Tony don a new armor for "Avengers" and I'd be interested in a "Moon Knight" movie. I just wish they would get the Punisher right. I'd retain Ray Winstone I thought he did a credible job or invite back Thomas Jane. Either one of those actors I thought had a good sense of the role. Maybe have Warren Ellis write the script. That couldn't hurt.

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Ray Stevenson, not Winstone. Can't see Frank as a short fat cockney. Though he's probably scary enough for the role.

11. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've already seen the Moon Knight movie. Christopher Nolan's a great director, isn't he?

But, yeah, I would watch the hell out of an Iron Fist or Black Panther movie.

12. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Punisher and Moon Knight would make for some kickass TV shows, but only on HBO, Showtime, or Starz. Don't get why its so hard to do a popular Punisher film. I liked both Jane's and Stevenson's Punishers films, though I thought the Jane film had the better story and actors. Stevenson just looked so much like the character and I liked that they used Jigsaw, though I hated how they depicted him and the story blew. Plus, Loony Bin Jim, what a joke.

Would love to see a Black Panther film, a combo of Hudlin/Priests works. As for BP, I don't think Djimon Hounsou is too old, though Idris Elba and the other actors listed by other posters would work as well for me. Regarding Luke Cage, I would like to see Terry Crews or Quinton Rampage Jackson. Back in the day, Ving Rhames would've made a great Cage.

13. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Tyrese Gibson for Luke Cage

14. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Iron Fist just seems like such an odd character for them to base a movie around. i would think someone like Dr. Strange or Silver Surfer would get a film before him.

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why no mention of Dr. Strange or the Sub-Mariner? Those are the Marvel characters that have the most potential for a movie franchise, because each brings a whole new, fascinating universe with him.

I'd also love to see Warlock, but I know that's just my own bizarre tastes. :rommie:

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think FX could work too.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm optimisic that a new Punisher movie will finally give us a full on origin proper. War Zone touched on it and for the few seconds of visual we got tried to honor it. Punisher should be easy and I'm not sure why it's proven so hard to get right.

Iron Fist seems a logical choice much in the same way Blade now seems logical. Hollywood had made vamp movies for decades, why not Blade. Likewise doing a martial arts and mafia laced movie seems a no brainer.

It would be curious to see them do Spiderwoman if for no other reason than Spiderman is at another studio. You just know people are itching to get these confused somehow.

Moon Knight, a character I really like, faces a more advanced problem on the big screen and its the same one that plagues most writers for him. He's Marvels Batman but has his own set of complexities. I think they should put MK on TV a realm DC has conceded for Batman. Let Moonie take over the brooding role and establish an identity and it should be on a cable outlet. I like the idea of it being on AMC myself.

Be curious to see how all these projects come together. The Ant-Man fan in me is starting to wonder if that'll ever happen. Ant-Man has become the new Indy 4 or GhostBusters 3, talked about for so long with little development.

18. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Never happen, because it would be just too good.

Namor might actually work better in a movie than in comics. Sometimes I suspect he's more of a short-form type of guy.

It's strange that DC (Johns primarily, I think) managed to make Black Adam relatively popular and very interesting, but the character whom his modern incarnation is most clearly based on, only gets a series with hideous art, centered around fighting vampires, and the most appropriate thing Marvel can come up with for Namor to do is hang around with the increasingly irrelevant X-Men.

Actually, coming back to the topic, aren't there rumbles of a Black Adam movie? That would be neat, if hopefully not really starring Dwayne Johnson (although he looks the part, and I actually sort of like the Rock, c'mon... it's the Rock).

Maybe it was just a Captain Marvel/Shazam! movie I'm thinking of. More Black Adam and Mr. Mind, less Sivana and Tawky Tawney.

19. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

BTW does any company own the rights to Marvel's main sidekick character, Rick Jones? He's not really been used in either Hulk film and I've heard nothing about him being in Avengers. Maybe he can be used for a Captain Marvel film, or even in Captain America.

20. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    I'm most excited about a Moon Knight adaptation. The fact that he had multiple ids should lend a unique feel to such a project. It's too bad they won't consider combining Power Man & Iron Fist, like Marvel did back in the day.

Someone mentioned Warlock. If they did such a project, they'd have to reprise Jim Starlin's Magus storyline, the best arc ever for our golden starfarer.