NF comic #2, TNG comic #4, and "Night of the Wolves" all out now!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I collected my copy of IDW's "New Frontier: Turnaround" #2 a few hours ago! No Quad covers this time. Only one regular cover, plus one rather tech-oriented "retailer incentive" rarity.

"TNG: Intelligence Gathering" #4 is also out.

Volume 2 of the "Terok Nor" novel trilogy, "Night of the Wolves" (May 2008) was waiting for me at Galaxy!

A big night for ST Down Under!

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I haven't heard from IDW, but hopefully they'll be shipping my next issue of New Frontier soon.

And I'm still reading Day of the Vipers, but hopefully DeepDiscount will be sending my copy of Night of the Wolves soon, too.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping to go pick up the comics later today, and I tried to get Night of the Wolves yesterday, but all four copies at the B&N I went to were allready on hold, so whenever they get more I'm gonna go grab it. I'm only about 300pages into Day of the Vipers, so I'm willing to wait for NotW.

4. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

my 2 copies of turnaround 2 are on thier way.

5. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

Picked up my copy of NF 2 today.

6. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I know for sure I'm going after my copies of both NF and TNG today myself. I've been looking for Terok Nor #2 just to see who pops up in this book this time. I haven't bought book one yet. I will eventually through since it looks good.

7. The Nth Doctor

Woohoo! The New Frontier comic just arrived. I guess IDW doesn't send emails for each issue being sent. :D

8. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

I expected the next NF comic for the beginning of May. Therefore this is a great surprise!

I am wondering about the “tech” cover. I have shown my husband the gorgeous “Captain Peter David” cover that arrived today. He is happy for me in spite of the 25 Pounds I paid for it but said at the same time, hopefully this “tech” cover doesn`t have the same price tag.

The post also delivered the first Terok Nor novel today, from Amazon UK. I am still reading Christopher Bennett`s Spider-Man novel, which is excellent. But I intend to start with Terok Nor afterwards.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  9. The Nth Doctor

I have to say I love the cover for this issue. Much better than the last.

As for the issue, more set up and not much action. Hopefully the next issue will pick things up. Not there's anything wrong with that. I loved Zak psychoanalyzing Calhoun (and Calhoun longing for the days when Zak didn't say anything), Morgan and Robin having a heart-to-heart talk, Kat flirting with Shelby's number one, and finally seeing Soleta and Lucius together (although that doesn't last long).

I'm beginning to warm up to the art. I love the exterior shots of the ships in space, but I'm also beginning to like the facial art. Morgan is spot on looking like Number One.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was able to pick up issues #3 & #4 of Intelligence Gathering, and issue #2 of the NF comics. From what I saw when I flipped through them they looked pretty cool.

11. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I got both Intelligence Gathering #4 and NF#2 on thursday evening and I was so surprised at everything. I have to say that the storyline for both series is going great still and I love the art.
    Now for NF, I liked how Kat still looked like herself from what we seen in the WS one shot issue. I was surprised at how the issue ended through. All we get is now and boom thats it.
    Another thing, when was Zak promoted to lieutenant commander? I noticed on his collar he had a rank change. I wish they would get Tobias's rank right through. She still has ensign's bars, should be full lieutenant.

12. foravalon

foravalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still want to know who that white haired asian dude is on the Excal's bridge.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My first thought would be Hash, but he's supposed to be on Trident isn't he?

ETA: I just got back from picking up NotW, and I now have all of the new releases! I was looking through the appendix at the back on the way home, and I have to admit that I am suprised by some of the people who apparently pop up during the story.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  14. Therin of Andor

I'm sure there'll be a PADxplanation for the transfer soon.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was skimming his MB entry since I don't remember the last couple books very well, and I saw that it said something about him being mad about something that happened on Trident, so perhaps he transfered back (?) to Excalibur?

16. foravalon

foravalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He was specifically denied the transfer by Admiral Shelby herself.

17. Therin of Andor

Sure, but that's why I'm expecting we'll hear the backstory of how her order was rescinded.

18. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

No sign of Night of the Wolves around here just yet.

19. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

Night of the Wolves is out around here at some of the Borders stores. The local Barnes & Nobles has it as well.