What Do Women Want From Their Man?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Into Darkness, May 11, 2013.

1. Into Darkness

Into Darkness Captain Captain

Thread title says it all, what do women want from their man?

What do you think are the requirements from a man when in a relationship?

I think obvious ones are commitment?
    Honesty?

What else?

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, first off, I think they want to be understood as individuals rather than treated like a generic category. The answer's going to be different for each woman, and the best way to find out is to ask her, rather than asking us.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I think a woman wants someone to think of a relationship as something that doesn't have "requirements." You're in a relationship because you are happier together than apart, you want to have a partnership, and you care about each other's feelings. That's what a relationship is, not some contractual obligation with "requirements."

4. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

Relationships are like friendships, they come in all kind of varieties. You might think beforehand that you value this or that trait but gee, you don't fall in love because somebody matches your notion of perfection. Perhaps you thought that you want to be together who is very smart and spends a lot of time with you and then you fall in love with somebody who is not that bright and you see each other not that often and it still works out.
    Relationships and life in general is not as simple as going over a checklist or thinking about what you want. Very often we don't know what we really want.

5. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

women dont want their man to ask what women want from their man.

6. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

^Yes, they want us all to be mind readers.

7. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

QFT!

8. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Generalizing much, guys? I don't want anyone reading my mind. However, I do remember a marriage counselor once pointing out to my then-husband that he was expecting me to be a mind reader. So it's apparently not just (some) women. ;)

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    A means of supporting themselves, a measure of basic decency and honesty, a willingness to listen and a criminal record that doesn't involve a plate of cookies and Chris Hansen.

10. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    There are endless comedy posts online giving the simple differences. You might try them and find the most satisfying one that meets your desired view. It would be easier and more entertaining than just wading through stuff here. Otherwise, start with yourself, what are you offering, would you date someone who acts like you toward you? Be honest. After that, every one of those women is an individual, some you'll like, some you won't, and some you can do without. All have their own interests. Good luck.

11. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, they want a guy who will do the dishes and the laundry, mow the lawn, and wash the car. They'd really like it if he'd change the litterbox/clean up after the dog. Last, they'd be really happy if his cooking skills were developed slightly beyond grilling a ribeye to death.

I think.

I do know that the last part is also something Timby wants in a woman.

12. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Different women want different things, so there is no one true answer. But there's also the question of what a person NEEDS. No one person can fulfill all of another's needs. And not all of one's need WILL be fulfilled. Can't have everything, right?

Most people don't bother to think about what they need, or they have an idea but its not clearly defined. The more one knows what they need, the better chance they have of a successful relationship.

I wanted someone taller than me (easy, since I'm only 5' 1"), not a fanatic about anything (sports, politics, religion, etc), smarter than me (at least in some ways), have a good heart and the typical things.

When asked what I love most about Hubby, I answer that it's that he tries to do what's right, even if he doesn't benefit, even if it costs him sometimes. He says that what he loves most about me is that I have a good heart.

What did I need in a man? Someone who would accept me despite me. Accept that I was giving all of me to him, and that he'd treasure it. What worked well was that what Hubby needed was someone who was his--ALL his, give all to him and accept him, who put him first and love him completely. This does not mean submissive. None of this precludes each of us improving ourselves, as long as our basic selves remain the same.

13. Gaseous Anomaly

Perhaps it is just my wife that expects her man to read her mind, but I doubt it.

14. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What ever you do, never mention to your partner or potential partner you're on this board.... if she sees this thread, you're doomed to failure. ;)

15. Gaseous Anomaly

She encouraged me to join this board; she used to be a MOD here.

16. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

what I am looking for in a man is:
    honesty (including the ability to admit to his own weaknesses)
    reliability
    loyalty
    intelligence (the sexiest body part of a man is in fact his brain, regardless of what the males of the species would like to believe)
    and good manners (life with someone who slurps his soup or never closes the toilet door will very quickly become unbearable. Manners are there for a reason: to enable us to live together without killing each other).

I want a man who treats me as an equal, as a partner. I want to neither be treated with despise nor to be glorified. I want a shoulder to lean on and I expect my partner to come to me when he needs support, someone to talk with or a shoulder to cry on.

(and I want all of the above of a female partner, too.)

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn... :( ;)

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Can this really be answered? Different people will have different things they want from a partner. I think Rhubarbodendron is closest. Isn't that what males would want in female partners as well?

19. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Honestly, speaking for just myself and nobody else? Yes. Most of what Rhubarbodendron listed are priorities for me in a long-term relationship.

20. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

No, it can't be answered as asked. Just asking the question indicates that someone is living in the wrong century. The best answer to the question "What do women want from their man?" is "The same thing men from from their woman, Gay men want from their man and Lesbians want from their woman."

Despite what lame stand-up comedians want you to believe, women don't have a shopping gene, they don't hate Science Fiction and comic books, they don't all want babies and they don't trade sex for intimacy. There is no "they." There are three-and-a-half billion individuals who happen to be women.