HEROES 3x06 "Dying of the Light" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

39.2%
  2. Above Average

39.2%
  3. Average

15.2%
  4. Below Average

5.1%
  5. Poor

1.3%
  1. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

that's sort of what i was getting at above

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It seems unlikely. Arthur wouldn't have needed to kill Adam in order to heal. He would have started healing as soon as Adam walked into the room, or they could have just hurt Adama a bit (assuming his power needs to be actively in use in order for Arthur/Peter to take the power).

3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Not a good idea if he's carrying a flashlight....

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't care what superpowers Papa Petrelli has. One "Look" and he'll be nothing more than a melted puddle on the floor. :p

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I hope that was just a typo.:lol:

6. Captain Intrepid

Captain Intrepid Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, never said she was my first choice, just that I wouldn't count her out.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I first saw Ali Larter in Varsity Blues... so no matter what she looks like now, that's how I'll always remember her. :drool:

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never been impressed by Ali, too oonventional... Although, I do have hopes that she's be in charge of an entires new world of hotness when it comes time to play Babs on heroes. Babs is going to do big things. true story. Tell your friends.

9. Temis the Vorta

I hope it's a spoiler for a future episode!!! :D

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^Hmmm....there is some crossover potential there. Maybe what we saw at the end of BSG's third season
    was just one of the many post-apocalyptic futures of the Heroes universe. Galactica goes back in time to stop Peter Petrelli from causing it.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never really got it, once we realised that the Classic Colonials were capable of Time travel in Galactica 1980, that they just so stalwartly accepted the extermination of their species by the Cylons when it was within their power to backstep their own genocide?

12. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

^There's nothing to get, BSG1980 was retarded.

13. Temis the Vorta

Watching the S1 episodes for "clues" can be fun - not sure if this was meant to be a clue, but it's intriguing now:

When Claude first meets Peter and realizes his power is to be a sponge, he says "oh you're one of those." Did he mean one of those Petrellis, who apparently can inherit power-sponginess? Claude would have been acquainted with Arthur - at least, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Another fun moment, in the episode right after Homecoming when Peter is in jail in Odessa TX and Nathan apparently comes to visit. But it turns out to be a prophetic dream and Nathan transforms into Sylar, who tells Peter he doesn't know how to make use of power.

I took this for a premonition of 5YG where Sylar takes Nathan's identity but now it could be interpreted as a clue about Sylar also being his brother and the comment about using power certainly ties into the Peter-Sylar plotline this season...

14. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    ^ Another good one...

15. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

As much as I love this show, I think you're giving the writers far too much credit this time ;) It'd be great if they really did intend these little hints though.

16. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I agree... but it's fun to look for serendipitous "clues" in earlier episodes. Even if they weren't originally intended as such.

17. Temis the Vorta

Yeah I noticed that one! It was pretty much the first thing he ever said in the series. But at that point, weren't the writer still thinking they'd kill him off in the season finale, in which case they couldn't have been thinking of him being a Petrelli yet. I think they just throw stuff out there open-endedly that could be used in the future in various ways.

I have a theory where they're going with Sylar. Peter's lost the seeing ability so now he can't use it to save the world. Sylar will do it instead; using the power that makes him evil to be a hero. Whee! :rommie:

18. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i think it makes sense....but are we 100% sure that Adam aged because he was robbed of his healing powers?

Or could it be this: Adam lost his healing powers, making him vulnerable to ANY destructive power. In this case, Arthur Petrelli thought it would be ironic if he used the power of accelerated aging (or a power that turns things to ashes). And with no way to heal -- poof! he's gone! (as opposed to Claire & the nuclear man).

After all, Arthur has several powers to use...it's just difficult to use some of them (or basic bodily functions). But certainly he must have some other power to keep Senior Parkman scared of/obedient to Senior Petrelli!

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I think you're putting too much thought into it. I think the writers decided to have Adam suddenly age, dry out, and crumble to dust not because it was logical, but because it made for a shocking opening scene.