Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm delighted to hear that the show will directly lead into the Cap 2 movie!

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

What if she did remember, as an infant? :eek:

3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

If that was the line from last week about Mom and Dad arguing downstairs, that was about May and Coulson's exchange in the previous scene.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

5. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Level 8.

Figured it was coming.

6. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had dvr'd the eps and finally watched them all.

I really enjoy the show, for many of the reasons posted. The first episodes are often rough, even in shows I really like. They don't have to be 100% there, but interest me enough to give it another chance. This is, for me.

Unlike Brooklyn Nine Nine. It's funny, but Andre Braugher is the best part and the rest is...not bad, but I realized I don't care if I miss it.

7. The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wifi jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

8. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I disagree! I've been able to break out of ability of these adaptable building on any number of occasions.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

They certainly can't bolt my about anywhere.

She was probably adopted eventually.

10. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Aren't you a fan of Power Rangers? Aren't those just toy commercials when you get down to it?

11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Sometimes my body booties a blow a little too quickly. I know, TMI....

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Really? So much for sleeping tonight...

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Okay, that's a point. But in terms of story, they're self-contained and have their own arcs. It's more of a symbiotic relationship between the shows that help sell the toys and the toys that help fund the shows.

I just think that a story should be complete and meaningful within itself. If a story doesn't work without reference some other story, then it's incomplete. Cross-reference to a different story should be a bonus. It shouldn't be "the point" of the entire project. Yes, Agents of SHIELD is meant to interrelate with the movies, but it's meant to be a worthwhile addition to the whole in its own right. It doesn't exist for the exclusive purpose of shilling the movies.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's still early days yet and the show is still trading on it's links to the movies to keep the casual viewers interested. Hopefully by the end of the season it will have found it's own footing and built up it's own lore so as to not need to rely so much on the films.

Indeed I fully anticipate that if/when that happens, people will gripe that they don't reference the films enough anymore. ;)

15. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is only true if one is void of slack.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately by the time it gets to that point, the ratings will have already sunk too low for it to matter. At least judging by how fast they're dropping right now with every episode...

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They need to dump Skye although they seem to have some grand plan for her so I can't see that happening : (

18. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Networks are too fast to dump shows that perform below their expectations. Not only that, but are they accurately counting viewers? Is AoS really doing less well every episode, or did it start high from the hype, and is now settling towards realistic viewership? Especially when most people will end up delaying their viewing until later, sometimes days later.

Besides, ABC is owned by Disney, who owns Marvel. Why would Disney let AoS get canceled, when it is a perfect vehicle for promoting their other products? If anyone can get this show to develop its own lore and have its own identity, I think it's Whedon. The suits just need to give it a chance.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree the Disney connection will probably keep it on the air longer than it otherwise might. But even with DVR numbers added in, the ratings are still dropping a lot more than they should (at least from everything I've read), and I'm not sure how long the network will be able to overlook that.

With how much the show costs, I don't think they can afford to keep it around with just a small, Fringe-level audience. And that seems to be the direction it's heading in.

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I'm not convinced that Wheddon is showing SHIELD to be admirable. Well-intentioned, perhaps, but he seems to clearly be laying themes of SHIELD often being destructive and harmful (bad in the name of the greater good).