The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Nov 17, 2011.

1. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Now you've done it. Now you've made me go all OMG and condemned my bf to three hours of Leonardo di Caprio before he became cool. :p

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Just remind him of Kate Winslet's boobs.

3. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    That's actually a good idea. :D

Because I'm going to be 14 again.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Winslet gets naked in plenty of other movies.

I don't like Titanic. Don't hate it like some people on the internet though.

Twilight has vampires, werewolves and it's damn funny at times. They are the ultimate guility pleasure movies for me.

5. Trekker4747

I like "Titanic" and think it's actually a very good movie deserving of the praise and such it gets. And while Kate Winslet may get naked in "plenty of her movies" there was just something.... wondrous about her nudity in Titanic. :)

Hey, back to Twilight:

Was it my imagination or did the "werewolves" in this movie seem to regain the clothing when changing back to human form? (Despite the clothing getting shredded when they transform.)

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They always went behind stuff like trees when they transformed back into humans. I guess they could have had conveniently clothes laying around somewhere. I noticed how they were wearing shirts all the time in this movie compared to the second movie.

Outside of the 5 second shirtless scene that Jacob had, none of the other werewolves were shirtless. That is one of the things I liked about this movie.

7. Trekker4747

Yeah, I was thankful for that too. I get that in the movies the werewolves "run hot" so they run around shirtless a lot to compensate the movies were just doing it for the beefcake.

Which is fine, I guess, considering how many movies have women needlessly scantly dressed just for the cheesecake, but still...

;)

Speaking of cheesecake, I did like Bella in her nightgown/blue panties combo when she flopped down on the bed still trying to entice Edward and he just covers her lace-clad ass with the bed covers.

8. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

would'nt mind seeing seth's sister shirtless.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That was nice.

These movies have VERY little cheesecake. There are many attractive women, but they wear normal clothes all the time. Very usual for a blockbuster movie, but I guess it makes sense since the movies aren't made for guys.

Plenty of beefcake though, especially the second movie. That might have been Jacob's entire purpose in the second movie, but it was in the books so I can't really blame the movie's screenwriter.

I think of the author of the books as a teenage girl sometimes. She even looks kind of like Bella in real life.

10. Trekker4747

Well, the first movie did have Anna Kendrick's breasts proudly on display as she "tans" on the, rare, sunny day.

But, yeah, not much cheesecake in these movies. Which they should put in there if not to just give the boyfriends, husbands, and losers like me who end up seeing these movies. But I'll take what little cheesecake I can get.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Anna Kendrick is great, one of the best actors in these movies. She does so much with her role even though she gets like a few seconds each movie. It is the same for the actor that plays Charlie.

I sometimes wonder what Twilight would be like if Anna had been picked as Bella instead of Kristen.

12. Trekker4747

Impossible. The point of Bella is to have as little to no personality as is possible for teenage girls to easily imprint themselves onto. Anna Kendrick has too much personality and would allow too much of herself to shine through as Bella, effectively making Bella's character interesting and, thus, not someone teenage girls can imprint themselves onto.

;)

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Kristen isn't very... good in these movies. She is much better in other things not Twilight. I don't know if she is just bored with the role or if the directors make her character as bland as possible.

The books are wish fulfillment for girls. Which girl hasn't dreamt about two good looking guys fighting over her? Housewives seem to really be into this series too which is funny.

One of the things I noticed is that many of the side characters in these movies are way better acted than the main characters. Charlie, Alice, Jessica and Seth are the best.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

WTF? Breaking Dawn causing Seizures
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/25/breaking-dawn-seizures-tw_n_1112917.html?ref=entertainment

15. Trekker4747

Yes, all of the secondary characters are vastly more interesting including all of Edward's vampire "family" and even Jacob and his family. Our two primary characters whom we're supposed to care about the most and see succeed in their love -Edward and Bella- are bland and uninteresting as all get out.

I'd be very interested to see a movie centered around Carlisle becoming a vampire and taking the path he's taken with it. Or with blondie and her bride-revenge, or even Jasper and him being a Civil War vampire. Alice and Emmet are interesting too.

And Charlie and The Mustache are just awesome giving partly-drunk wedding reception speeches.

These movies would be great if not for the main characters. ;)

The one thing that always sort of bugged me in these movies -well among everything else- is the valedictorian speech Anna Kendrick gives in the last movie where her speech is pretty much, "Go on out there, fellow students, and screw things up and figure it out later."

Sort of a fucked-up speech coming from a girl who is such an over-achiever she's valedictorian of her school and then in all likely hood has direction in her life.

But then Bella, struggling with either going with Edward or Jacob, takes this speech to heart to make her choice to go with Edward. Pretty much proving why Anna's speech is bad.

Because every choice you make right out of high-school can't be un-done and corrected later. Bella takes this speech and then makes the choice to allow herself to be killed and turned into a blood-thirsty demon. That's not something that can be undone and hardly equates much to what Anna's speech was.

Because at least if you screw things up between high-school, college and/or settling into an adult life you can fix that at some point and get back on track. You're better off doing the "right thing" right of school, sure. But at least if mess up you can always go back into school at some point. People have done that in their 40s and 50s.

But Bella takes this speech and then decides to make the irreversible choice to allow herself to be killed and turned into a demon of the knight.

Fantastic message there, Twilight.

"Go out there after school, kids, and do whatever you want -consequences to the rest of your life be-dammed!"

I can see it. If you suffer from the type of epilepsy or seizures that can be set-off by rapid flashing lights the "birthing scenes" could probably do that. I could also see how 3D movies can do the same as how modern 3D movies work is usually some form of images flickering between eyes.

16. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had no problems seeing it or avatar. I was just surprised that this was'nt in 3D like the last 2.

17. Trekker4747

Uhhhh.... The last two Twilight movies weren't in 3D.

:confused:

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

My local paper reports that the birth scene has caused epileptic seizures.

19. Trekker4747

Pssst. Just a couple of posts up from yours.

It's only causing seizures in people prone to seizures and even then people prone to seizures due to rapidly flashing lights, which occurs during the "birthing" scene.

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

D'oh! That's what I get for not checking the last page.

Well, yeah. That's what I meant by "epileptic seizures".

If it were causing seizures in people not prone to seizures, now that would be a story. :eek: