Episode of the Week : The Naked Time

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Botany Bay, Feb 20, 2014.

?

Rate "The Naked Time"

Poll closed Feb 27, 2014.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. 7

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. 8

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  9. 9

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  10. 10

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The pedantic in me must point out that, technically, Uhura and Chapel weren't "regulars," but I see your point.

2. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you want to be that pedantic, then neither was Sulu or Scotty. Chapel was a guest star in WaLGmo but a co-star in this episode so I think she can qualify in the same way as the other recurring day players. :techman:

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Takei actually was a regular, as was Whitney. Doohan wasn't -- until season two. These things were contractual.

4. Pauln6

Ah ok that's interesting. I'd assumed that the position in the cast list had some bearing on contracts. Although either way, only Shatner and Nimoy were guaranteed appearances.

Of course Chekov is missing from this episode so I suppose the only appearances we have of all the 'gang' appearing in the same story are TMP and STIV, although there are probably a few episodes in seasons 2 and 3 featuring everyone but Rand.

Plus there are the recurring characters who didn't make it to the movies like Kyle (apart from ST2) and Leslie.

5. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

"Love Mankind" :lol:

There should be some special mark for the day player who so memorably portrayed that laughing crewman with the paint brush.

(And who also gave McCoy a hard time over the intercom when he wanted those test results from the lab.)

6. Pauln6

Nepotism was rife. It was the assistant director's nephew or boyfriend I expect.

7. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

I found a GREAT interview with Author Marc Cushman "These Are The Voyages" about the making of TOS first season, along with the writer of "The Naked Time" John D Black and his wife Mary on the Podcast "The Captians Table" you can find it on Sticher and Itunes. They talk about making this episode and why John left ST. He did a great job while he was there. Highly recomend this to fans.
    :drool::drool::drool::bolian::bolian::bolian: