teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

They initially didn't work the same in Avalon/Origin because they only had access to one of the terminals I believe.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I believe she was sitting at the table where the terminal was set up. So for all we know, the entire time Vala was inside Daniel's body, her own body was likely slumped over a chair. We certainly had no indication Daniel was actually in her body.

Although it is interesting to note, this episode is the only time in any Stargate series when the communication stones swap genders. Really surprised they never did that on SGU.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thank god they didn't. Remember when they swapped genders with Rodney? And Captain Kirk? It's always full of cheap commentary.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I know, they really like doing that crap, maybe make some boobie jokes too. :lol:

5. teacake

Something terrible has happened.

I cannot find Season 10. I'm starting to think that I never bought it in the grand clearance Stargate super sale that I acquired everything else in.

I AM FREAKING OUT.

I was planning a Season 10 marathon this weekend!!!

6. gturner

gturner Admiral

Oh, don't worry. We'll just tell you how it ends. :D

7. bigdaddy

Did you buy at Foxconnect sale? My sister did and I think she said season 10 and the movies she had to buy from Amazon.

Season 10 is a huge step down, you aren't missing anything. :lol:

8. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

The general consensus is usually that season 10 is comfortably better than season 9.

9. teacake

We don't have Foxconnect sales, I am in Australia. The purchase will have to wait until after I go a Trek con tomorrow (BOTH DAXES) so probably towards the end of the coming week. Assuming I don't go insane and buy crap at the con (I'm getting better, LOL).

I'm remembering now that season's 1-9 were part of a buy 2 get the third free deal and the seasons were all super reduced. Season 10 was not part of the deal and I was thinking.. eh I'll just keep my eye out for it being on sale while I watch these 9 seasons. And I totally forgot to do that :rolleyes:

10. bigdaddy

I remember liking the begging and end of season 9 and don't remember anything of season 10 besides the final and some stupid details.

11. teacake

ONE episode of Charlie Jade left and then I should have my Stargate Season 10.

I have left poor Vala on the enemies ship, pregnant and abducted!!!

:(

I've been a bit worried about her.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

IM me your email address, and I'll send you a PDF of Charlie Jade's plans for S2 that they never had a chance to make.

Vala will be happy to see you again

13. teacake

VALA VALA I'M COMING FOR YOU TONIGHT!!!!

14. teacake

Flesh and Blood: Oh poor Vala.. so many awful things. They take away the baby and bring back Little Miss Possessed. This was a very exciting episode and I am super happy to be back in 90's Science Fiction. Yes I know this was done in 2006 but it still feels like the old stuff to me! 19 more episodes and 2 movies, YAY!! The good old days of quantity.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  15. teacake

Morpheus: Well now this really was like old times. I really liked Dr. Reimer.. he's not the sort I usually like but there was something very appealing about him. I was watching him thinking I hoped we got to see more of him, he was oddly cute. So of course he died :(

This was a bit lumpy, too quick conclusion to the planet story, token progress on the Ori front and Vala in a predictable comedy. I enjoyed it anyway :D

[​IMG]

16. The Wormhole

As enjoyable as Flesh and Blood was, I find much of season 10 has a worn out and "going through the motions" feel to it.

17. gturner

gturner Admiral

Finally! Game on. Set course. Engage. Chevron seven - LOCKED. :D

18. teacake

ONE more season in the Stargate Universe left to me and I'm going to enjoy it goddammit!

19. The Wormhole

I won't argue with that. And season 10 is certainly worth watching. I just don't consider it my favourite of the series. *Shrug*

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  20. bigdaddy

You will be the only one...

*Zing!* :lol: