The Daedalus Art Thread list

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by thesovereignman, Dec 11, 2009.

1. thesovereignman

thesovereignman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

2. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Actually, there was at least one other Daedalus-related concept thread in this forum. It was called "Colere", and I think I started it a couple of years ago. Essentially, it was a kind of modular transport starship that would carry a quasi-independent "mission pod" to a remote destination, jettison the pod, and the pod would serve as either a space-station-module/colony or some kind of supply pod for same. The ship would return to base to pick up another pod, and continue the next delivery cycle.

I don't know why, but I can't find it now. It was about summer of 2007 that I posted, if memory serves. Now the Colere thread seems to have disappeared.

3. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Two years? Good luck...

4. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I too had a Daedalus WIP project going a few years back. Like many things on TrekBBS, the thread was pruned a long time ago.

[​IMG]

5. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Very steampunk. I like it. :techman:

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me too :) :techman:

7. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Psion,

That is really a great ENT-ized version of the ship. Do you have any more images, and would you be interested in re-starting a thread for them?

8. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. thesovereignman

thesovereignman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

These are fantastic! It seems that I can't edit the original post, so just putting links like this is all that can be done.

10. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't forget Forbin's SS Reeses!:cool:

11. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, folks! Wingsley, I've been thinking about starting it over. You see, I was working on the model in March of 2005. But on the first day of the following month, as I pulled up the file to work on it, the whole thing slipped from my grasp and crashed to the floor ...

[​IMG]

I'm not sure why the picture's dated 2003 ... I think I just got careless with the '03' for March and threw that into the year. Such simple mistakes are common for me and one of the reasons I decided long ago it was best, for all parties concerned, if I took up something other than brain surgery.

EDIT: WOW! The 2003 date was correct. I apparently rendered a fresh view of the ship in 2005, although it doesn't look like I added much to the model at that time. My Daedalus project was started seven years ago! Where the heck did all the time go?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009