New Transformers Movie Info

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by John Picard, Apr 2, 2009.

1. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

First look: Robo-brawlers big, small in new 'Transformers'

And the icing on the cake:

The picture of "The Doctor" with Shia is pretty cool. I'm definitely going to see this one on The Big Screen.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

So it seems more kiddish humor is to be expected ala "Stop lubricating on him Bumbelbee"

New Recurits:
    I'll be in the theater but I will say the toy design for Devestator doesn't have me doing any backflips of joy.
    I understand changing some things but Heavy Duty Construction Equipment is relatively unchanged. That is something it seems could be more faithful.
    Cassetes turning into robo-jags I get the change.
    Devestator I have issue with.

3. John Picard

^^ I hope it isn't any more "lubricating" humor; however, I still enjoy the original and look forward to this one. I agree with you on some of the changes but they're to be expected (to a degree), though I can honestly say my teens haven't been raped. :lol:

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

that's a hell of a lot less than forty! :shifty:

mind you, 40 seemed like overkill...

see, the listing on yahoo doesn't mentioin the Insecticons... and i wonder if 'the doctor' is the dreadlocked 'puppeteered' transformer seen at Princeton...

5. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I really don't think that's an exhaustive list - just highlights, I think.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So how are they going to reconcile this Devastator with the other one from the first film? Just two Transformers which happened to have the same name?

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe laserbeak is attached to ravage and that's the secret weapon

8. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I suspect it won't be explained at all - it'll remain one of those inconsistencies that fans will be happy to fanwank away/curse Bay to the end of time for... Although I suppose its not impossible that this new Devastator is created using the spark from the previous one, or something similar.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Wasn't the Devastator from the original film actually supposed to be Brawl? Maybe there's a retcon brewing.

10. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

yes, Bay liked the Devastator name, but O&K wanted it to be Brawl. the toy's called Brawl though. had hoped they'd fix the subtitle on the DVD but they didn't

11. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm curious how Arcee will be played in the film. Is she a combiner or not?

According to the old specs I've seen, she was one of the smaller Transformers I've seen, except Frenzy (of course with the Doctor and all the other new ones, that's changed) and I always wondered, she only slightly bigger than Frenzy but I thought Frenzy would still beat her in a fight, because he was one ruthless TF in the first film.

12. John Picard

There was some analysis a while back of the trailer seen thus far, and it appears that there are three small robots that make up Arcee; however, that is strictly guessing.

13. adv1701

adv1701 Commander Red Shirt

I don't like that they're making Jetfire into a senile jet. He's supposed to be very heroic and noble.

14. John Picard

Perhaps he will be heroic and noble in the movie ;)

Every fanboy screamed bloody murder that Bumblebee was going to be a Camaro and it worked well. I, for one, would have preferred Optimus Prime have been the original cabover tractor but could deal with his being the later conventional style.

15. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, ironhide should be the seasoned vet. Or am I thinking of Kup?

16. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well Prime has been looking like the way he looked in TF1 since at least the G2 era, granted the flames are new, but if you look at a couple of the Generation 2 toys, even Armada and later Primes weren't cab over tractors. Even though that style does work well for a limited transformation, but I don't have too much of a problem with his current look. I just wish they gave him his iconic gun instead of a simple "tube" cannon instead of a hand.

Although Arcee is 3 bikes was a rumor I wished was false. She was never a combiner. Plus it completely invalidates the Arcee toy from the last movie. Unless Arcee is more like A-R-C for Arcee, moonRACER, Chromia?

17. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

I'm a purist, but even I acknowledge there's no way Arcee could be a single motorcycle given size limitations. A combiner is the way to go for that. In fact, I'm surprised it's not more than 3.

18. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

why? I mean she wouldn't be a BIG bot, but she'd be alright if she was one bike... although I suppose you're right there's not a lot of mass in a single cafe racer, even a big ol Harley with the touring kit wouldn't be enough I suppose... but hell make her a cop bike with a side car LOL oh wait... they did that already...

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They probably won't. They had to rename Hook into Hightower because of copyright, and since Bonecrusher is dead they had to replace him too. And who the hell is Overload?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  20. John Picard