Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just thought she was super bland, and the plot was working way too hard to make her feel "important" (why the hell did Zod want a random human woman? Why did she go with the military people?). She also figured out Clark's identity by the power of plot convenience. She was fairly pointless, and bland. Every single Lois I've seen (except the woman in the horrible Lois & Clark show) was better than her, but it was admittedly more the writing's fault than Amy Adams. I think she could be a decent Lois, just let her character be written by someone who isn't incapable of writing a good Lois.

2. kirk55555

Edit: Accidental double post, I should probably wait for a few responses to my posts before I go and respond to them :alienblush:

Christopher reeves wasn't even particular muscular for Superman, he looked pretty skinny to me but he acted the part well enough. I'm also not deliberately insulting Gadot. She's too small, and has literally only acted in crap (and not very well acted by what I've seen). She has nothing positive going for her, and I'm just stating what I see.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah...nothing insulting about that at all. :rolleyes:

4. kirk55555

Whats insulting? Telling the truth? Am I suppose to ignore her acting record? Its not nice, but its the truth. She was eye candy in a horrible franchise, and not even particularly important eye candy. Before that she was one of a million models out there. She's nothing special as an actress, and probably worse than that. Sometimes I wonder if some people would only be happy if everyone agreed with them and sugar coated everything.

"Oh yes, I'm sure the stick woman who plays eye candy is completely capable of gaining a huge amount of weight/body mass, overcoming her short height, and also somehow be able to act in a serious role that is almost the complete opposite of her F&F roles"

:vulcan:

Its not like I'm any nicer to other actors I don't like. Christian Bale is a moron who couldn't act to save his life, Andrew Garfield has got to be a block of wood that became sentient, Anne hathaway made the Batman returns Catwoman almost look legitimate, Zoe Saldana is like christian bale but a woman, and Shia LeBeouf just needs to go home and never be seen again. I could go on about a lot of actors/actresses, Gal gadot is no different.

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Which only proves that Hollywood insists on doing things the hard way when they simply could have started by looking for actors and actresses with the proper build already.

Or like Linda Hamilton, who worked out intensively for Terminator two and just ended up a more muscular version of the short, skinny girl she was in Terminator?

Well, I guess I ain't been payin' attention, oh all-wise writer-person, because I see absolutely nothing about the objection that's nonsense.

I sincerely apologize for expressing a negative opinion based on an announcement that's supposed to elicit a positive pre release response from potential movie-goers. Next time we'll just tell the studios not to announce anything until the day before the release date.

6. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to "tell the truth" about what I think of your attitude, kirk55555, but board rules prevent me to do it.

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Her height is fine. The other top contenders for the role were about the same height. Wonder Woman isn't supposed to be 6'4" or 6'5". That's looney toons. She's almost always shown as a few inches shorter than Batman and Superman. At 5'9" Gal Gadot can easily be lifted up a few inches to be exactly the right height for Wonder Woman.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

LOL af 5'9" being "too short". Someone has no clue about hollywood. Kirk55555, you of all people should know it's possible to put on weight.

9. kirk55555

God forbid they hire someone who is physically appropriate for the part and has good acting ability. They might as well have hired Warwick Davis as WW according to what some people seem to be saying. At least he's a very good, proven actor.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Not sure why you keep going on about her being "So short", 5'9" is quite tall for a woman, average height for a woman, I believe is about 5'6", and many of the suggestions people have for "The Perfect" actress to play her are no taller, and the boots can easily add another inch onto the height. Heck Lynda Carter looked awesome in the role at only 1/2" taller (5'9 1/2")

As I said in my initial post, I'd like to see her heavier than she is, especially bigger arms (And again, like many have said, I'm not expecting freakish bulging biceps, just larger arms is fine) and maybe a little bit of meat along the collar bone. I don't think it's beyond her ability to put on the weight, especially if she has indeed been heavier before (Muscle memory makes it much easier to gain weight), but, I will be disappointed if she doesn't gain some weight before having much screen time as Wonder Woman. The breasts is no big deal, there's all kinds of tricks that can be done with the outfit to enhance or accentuate the breasts, I'm mostly worried about the arms, being so small and I'd like to see the collar bone less skinny

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Again. 5'9" is not in any way "short". She's taller than most top dollar actors in Hollywood. Come up with a real criticism besides height because she is only short by NBA standards, not Hollywood.

12. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Noo.... nothing insulting here. :rolleyes:

Right, because obviously all you want is somebody that matches a stock photo. That's why Tyler Mane had such a huge and well-regarded role as Sabertooth and they asked him back, right?

And Hamilton in T2 was damned intimidating.

13. kirk55555

1. She's skinnier than you average 5th grade boy, and looks about as strong
    2. She's a model who has never proven to be any good as an actress, she's plays the kind of generic eye candy you'd expect from someone of her background
    3. Even if she was able to gain any muscle mass, it would never be enough and she'd just be a semi-muscular short stick woman anyway.
    4. She has absolutely nothing going for her as a WW casting choice, except being much, much cheaper than Affleck and Cavil.
    The truth isn't always nice. I have said nothing meaning to be insulting, but I'm not going to sugar coat what I say. She's horribly unqualified for the role in every conceivable way. My comments about her body type are accurate, she's shot and skinny, like your average model.

14. Sindatur

Oh, my bad, looking on Wikipedia, average height for a woman in UK and US is actually closer to 5'4", not 5'6" (Though in her native Israel it's 5' 5 1/2"), so, 5'9" is very tall for a woman, almost half a foot taller than average (Average male height is 5'9")

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  15. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

If you meant to say "short and skinny" that's not accurate. Most fashion models are, like Gal Gadot, tall and slender. Whatever you think about how slender she is, she's not a short woman.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeez, how many hundreds of different ways are you going to continue to argue this thing? We get it already, you don't like the casting and will almost certainly not like the movie.

Time to move on, I think.

17. kirk55555

She's short for WW, and calling her "slender" is just using a different word for skinny.

18. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who would you like better--Gal Gadot or the hulking blonde Russian who fought Hit Girl in Kick-Ass 2?

19. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

It isn't good to lie.

20. Sindatur

So, Lynda Carter was way too short also?