PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But you are smiling in the before shot!

But no, I won't pester you :)

2. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Sure, they all say that... then they ask for the other pics...

Why I don't smile:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. teacake

Guilty. And charged.

whatayagonna do

4. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Hmm, must... not... send... many... PMs... :devil:

5. teacake

Dude! Seriously you look great. You must be soooo pleased to lose the weight, believe me I know how after a certain age every donut sticks to you like frakking cement. Never mind the looks even (personally I don't care about fat, but I know I'm in the minority) it is cool to think about your heart being all "wheeeee! not clogged brah!" and stuff like that.

Life is a nice thing, investing in more of it is good.

Kudos.

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

My daughter and I on her birthday. She was making soap for the first time.

[​IMG]

7. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

My younger son and I spent Friday in London attending the Autism Show at the ExCel Centre and Saturday at the southeast beach resort of Brighton. We've not been to Brighton before, so it was a treat.

One of the show's exhibitors set up a large sensory room to display their designs and software. This was my particular favourite, an interactive floor screen. My son was having fun kicking the planets around. There were other programs available to use, such as a relaxing lily pond, complete with sound effects, where a wave of a hand or foot would cause the water to ripple.

[​IMG]

I'm pleased with how this photo turned out. It was taken on a DLR (Docklands Light Railway) train on our way to catch the train to Brighton. I took this photo through the window of the train, and wasn't expecting it to turn out so well.

[​IMG]

The pebble beach at Brighton. All the beaches in my area are sandy, so this was a new experience for me. It's very pretty, though you couldn't walk barefoot on it.

[​IMG]

Brighton's old West Pier, closed in 1975 and ravaged by fires and storms afterwards.

[​IMG]

Brighton's pier (the intact one!) is so big it's difficult to fit into one photo.

[​IMG]

Here it is in more manageable pieces:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Sorry the last one's a bit blurry)

On the pier K'Ehleyr (on the left) and I found the perfect game for us to play. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  8. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I have no idea why the photos ended up different sizes. *kicks photobucket* Sorry the page is stretched. I was trying to avoid that.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pics from my last trip:

Coors Field (Colorado Rockies)

[​IMG]

Globe Life Park (Texas Rangers)

[​IMG]

Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros)

[​IMG]

Comerica Park (Detroit Tigers)

[​IMG]

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I love ball parks. Never been to one with a dome before, though. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. Part of the fun is being outside.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Trust me, in some places, it's desperately needed. You try going to a game in Phoenix or Houston without a roof. You'd cook inside of 3 seconds. (And it also eliminates rain delays.)

At least in most ballparks with a roof (except for Tampa Bay), they can retract.

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Clearly, you have never spent a summer day in Houston. :vulcan: There is nothing fun about being outside in the summertime in Houston.

13. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think MLB should make having a roof or retractable roof a requirement for all new Ball parks going forward.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Believe me, I wish I could. ;)

@auntie: Are you from Houston? I had a pretty good time there although I was on an organized tour so I didn't have time to do much exploring.

15. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I'm of two minds regarding this idea, in that I have fond memories of freezing my balls off during April games at Wrigley Field, but it's not a terrible concept -- the issue is that Commissioner Selig has extorted new stadiums out of almost every municipality. San Francisco funded their own and it's not going anywhere, the Ricketts family is funding renovations for Wrigley (even though it's a shithole and needs to be burned to the ground), the A's aren't going anywhere (and neither are the Rays), the Dodgers are getting Chavez Ravine overhauled, and the only other candidate for a new stadium is the new Braves park going up in Cobb County, and they really, really don't need a retractable roof.

16. auntiehill

I live in the 'burbs, about 30/40 minutes from Minute Maid Park--very close to Sugarland, if you know where that is.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Have you ever been to MMP, auntie?

18. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Love your pics Macloudt and MLB.

19. auntiehill

I have been to the outside of the building, around it and above it (in the nearby hotel) but never in it. I'm not interested in baseball and I married one of the very few men in Texas who hates sports.

20. teacake

Great photos macloudt, I love the Star Trek game and the pebbles. I remember being enchanted with the pebbles of Brighton beach, how unique each one is.