Orci says ST series talk "getting real"

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by RAMA, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I'm just deleting this so nobody gets their hopes up since it was wrong.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In such situations when someone's trying to sell something to a studio or network, there's generally the "don't call us, we'll call you" response. If the studio/network takes a pass, word of it often comes when the studio/network officially approves another proposal by someone else (I think--although I'm not 100% positive--Roddenberry experienced this when he first pitched TOS to CBS in 1964, but heard that they were going to develop another series called Lost In Space instead).

3. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Go back and read it again. He's referring to Shadow Cabinet not Star Trek, which hasn't even been formally pitched yet.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'm in agreement with those who believe a Series Fate is tied to the next movie. If the next movie does well, CBS is likely to listen to a pitch, and if they like it, they'll move forward to prepare the Series to hit right after the release of the third movie

5. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Oops, my bad.

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Phew! you guys scared me. Whatever it was that had one last prayer and then nothing further heard about it, that's a dead dog.

I'd be surprised if CBS makes a decision before seeing how the next movie does at least, even assuming Orci does a pitch before then. He'd probably want another success in his pocket before going to CBS.

I'm extremely curious what tactic he'll take. Two successful movies doesn't guarantee TV success, it just means he won't get the door slammed in his face.