STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

18.8%
  2. A

20.6%
  3. A-

13.2%
  4. B+

11.1%
  5. B

7.9%
  6. B-

4.1%
  7. C+

5.7%
  8. C

5.0%
  9. C-

3.5%
  10. D+

1.5%
  11. D

1.6%
  12. D-

1.3%
  13. F

5.7%
  1. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL Dennis are you really asking if Cumberbatch's naked chest was on display? :lol:

2. indranee

LIKE!!! :techman:

Oh and CTarnak, thanks for the info on the score. I asked a few days ago but didn't get a response from anyone and kind of assumed it wasn't anything great. Good to know that it's excellent.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that weird? ;)

4. indranee

Not if we know you ;) :p

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Well come on - I wanna see the genetic superman flex a little, you know? ;)

Plus, it's a shame if he put in all that time in the gym and doesn't get to show off. I don't get the impression that it was a favorite hobby of his previously.

6. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

You know they'd all say it was just "a plastic chest".

7. indranee

^Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :(

*hides fangirl shamwow*

8. indranee

Yeah, he's got to live up to the NAME!

And yeah, from what I've read, I think he was kinda bored. Now, of course, he's filming Sherlock so he's needed to lose the bulk.

9. ManaByte

ManaByte Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You have the basic idea right, but...

Both Spock and Uhura pursue Khan because McCoy needs his blood to save Kirk. Don't know if Spock does the Khan scream, but someone other than Kirk does...

10. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Wouldn't it be, "I want more life, fucker."

11. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Each according to his gifts. When you find out what Lindelof's talent is, or even what field it is in, please advise.

12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Captain Captain

You want evidence of a decades-old, fan-beloved franchise that is relaunched, run by people who know and love it? Becoming a massive success and also really good at the same time?

Two words: Doctor Who.

You keep telling me that I am against change, and I believe I wrote that I am all for change when it is for the better. Again, I point towards Doctor Who.

I'm only against change if it means you put a franchise into the meat grinder to make blockbuster sausage.

13. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

My magic blood cures baldness

14. Roald

Roald Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm kinda worried... It's because of this remark by a reviewer on Rotten Tomatoes:

This isn’t the franchise defining ‘middle’ picture that this reviewer was hoping it to be. It’s not the Empire Strikes Back of an Abrams trilogy; and consequently it didn’t quite hit the emotional crescendo of that kind of film.

I was actually hoping STID would have been ST's equivalent of TESB... Still looking foreward to it though and it is just one review of course....

15. topas

topas Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oh, this reminds me; As a long Assassin's Creed fan I have to ask about Nolan North. Is he recognizable and - does he get a line (curious if he gets to speak in his Desmond Miles voice) :techman:

16. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To hell with Star Wars (gasp!), what I'd really like to know is if it fits the Even Numbered Trek Movie Theory.

17. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

What caused Kirk's injuries? The reason I ask is that it seems to me rather absurd that medical science of hundreds of years from now couldn't perform tasks that we think impossible now.

18. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Btw, do we hear the classic Klingon movie theme being played when they show them? (The one that was first heard in TMP.)

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Doctor Who? Really? :lol:

The percentage of oldWho fans who consider the franchise to have been "Ruined Forever!" by Davies is at least as great as the percentage of trekkies who kvetch about nuTrek. Simply because you approve of one and not the other doesn't make one better or the changes more or less acceptable to long-time admirers.

The differences in scale, required resources and money between getting nuWho back on British TV and what's required to make Trek commercially viable for Paramount in America and (more importantly now) around the world mean that they won't be looking to the BBC for inspiration any time soon.

Declaring oneself to be for or against change is about as useful as coming down against or in favor of gravity - it's not like one gets a vote that matters. oldTrek ended because it failed, and it was never coming back in the form that trekkies were used to. The studio and Abrams have managed to relaunch a new version that attracts a greater audience successfully while bringing along the vast majority of folks who enjoyed the previous version. This is a good thing - period, full stop.

20. TommyW

TommyW Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Wish I hadn't read the spoilers - has put me right off seeing it :( I'm sick to death of lazy writers ripping off The Wrath of Khan all the time. Nemesis was bad enough. This sounds like they've taken it even further!! Spock shouting "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"?? Kirk "dying" from radiation? Please!! Give us something different!!