What percentage of the crew were gay?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Guy Gardener, Feb 20, 2009.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Slacker. I have read the Tuvix thread from start to finish at least 4 times. Of course I am lying about this but still..

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Amen.

[​IMG]

3. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

These precentages do only deal with openly gay people. There's no real workable way to count all the ones who aren't out, even some who are out in their personal lives to some degree may not answer honestly in a survey.
    The atmosphere of college, away from home and personal history, can give some people a boost in the coming out process.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Worf: "These are so gay."

:)

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or they are so stoned that they forget to lie.

"Oh dick? I love dick... Wait? What was the question?"

6. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

The reverse is true as well though. People who are not open in real life may answer truthfully in a survey.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Those ratios are referring to the statistics I posted a few days ago.

Although I just looked for recent studies (The numbers I saw were from like ten years ago) and it looks like it's changed a bit.

Now it seems that although the national rate is 3.8%, that is 6.4% for people aged 18-29, and 8.3% among women aged 18-29. And I'm now finding conflicting reports about the relationship between education level and identification as homosexual, with some just finding homosexuality increasing with education and income and some finding that 'Some college' has the highest percentage and college graduates identify less as homosexual. (Which could also be related to the age trends, of course)

Differences between studies ten years ago and now could easily be a reflection of the growing positive attitudes toward homosexuality. In any event it seems the actual rates are probably closer to the 18-29 rates.