TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

What were you expective with a thread title of "Please Identify yourselves." ;)

2. Blueicus

Blueicus Captain Captain

Hi, 23 Computer Science graduate and also grew up on TNG. I also dressed up as a Star Trek character (red uniform, of course) back in elementary school for Halloween. Strangely enough one of my most vivid childhood memories was watching that episode with Dr. Stubbs(?) and the nanites and what was when I started to regularly watch the show.

3. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

/\ That would be "Evolution", which maybe sticks in your mind on account of being right near to the beginning of season 3.

Well, I guess that I didn't realise just how many different people we have as TNG regulars! :p

4. mackillian

mackillian Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Me too, and I'm already freaked out about turning 26 in January.

5. Scatta

Scatta Commodore Commodore

I left out my fave ship, but that goes w/out saying (AGAIN!). ;) P/C P/C P/C

Anyway, do ya'll have names? I know some people use theirs as handles, but not everyone. If you don't want to tell us your first names, that's fine (and I DEFINITELY don't want any last names out there), but surely this many people can't have an objection to it!

6. Naraht

Naraht Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is nice to "meet" everyone properly, isn't it? :)

In answer to Scatta's question, I don't like posting my real name publicly (although anyone who's met me at the UK meet-ups knows it already). However, I will offer a picture by way of compensation...

Naraht in Greenwich
    (picture copyright Huntingdon)

7. Gold Grizzly

Some people prefer to keep theirs private, but you can see mine in my profile.

8. Scatta

Gold_Griz It's nice to meet you, Tom. I will, however, continue to call you Gold_Griz, 'cause threads would get confusing if no one knew who anyone was talking to.

Naraht I actually knew a "Grand98" from a role-playing group who insisted I called him "Grand" even in real life. I found that odd from someone I liked well enough to choose him to play my character's son, but whatever. To each their own. Just, tell me how to pronounce "Naraht" and that will be more than good enough. Thanks for the pic, BTW, it's more than I ever would have asked as far as knowing who I'm talking to.

9. Naraht

There are some people whose username actually fits them better than their real name. I call Huntingdon "Hunt," even in person, and even though I know his real name, because it just sounds more like him.

My username is pronounced, at least by me, "nah-RAHT". So that it rhymes with "rot," in my accent at least. :)

10. Gold Grizzly

Yes, I like my user name in this enviroment but seldom introduce myself as Mr. Gold Grizzly in real life. ;)

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I too don't like saying my username in this public setting. However, if you are curious, than PM me and I'll tell you.

Griz,

I'm glad you made this thread. It's not so often we acutally get to "meet" people on this board. It's fun to learn so much about others around here.

12. mackillian

I have the same handle on any bss that I frequent. Another forum I post on has had many meetups and I constantly correct people IRL not to call me Mack. My name is Jamie, dammit. Not mack. :mad:

On boards, though, either goes.

13. ladyheather69

ladyheather69 Captain Captain

Wow! I am 36 and I feel old reading this thread!!

I was away at college, my first semester, when I started watching NextGen. I loved it!! :thumbsup: I thought the characters were well written(especially in later seasons)and the whole thing was just cool.

I like all the characters, but my fave is probably Picard. Just something about a bald, confident, intelligent man I suppose(considering that I am married to a bald, confident and intelligent man may have something to do with it :)).

Thanks for the thread :D

14. Johi36

Johi36 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, cool, an introductory thread :D

I'm Johi36 (you can call me Johi ;)) and I'm 26 years old. When I was a little child, I occasionally watched TOS with my older sister and liked it very much, but I didn't become the crazy Star Trek fanatic that I am today until a friend introduced me to TNG when I was about 17 years old. I immediately developed a huge crush on Picard/Patrick Stewart (which wore off a little since then) :lol:

The last time I watched all episodes from start to finish has been when I bought the DVD box sets a few years ago. I really should do this again some time :)

I truly love the other ST series too, but I think TNG will always stay my favourite one!

15. Newt

Newt Commodore Commodore

Hey all.

Fellow TNG fan here, known as Newt1701.
    I like all the Trek series, however TNG is my favourite.

:thumbsup:

16. May 20

May 20 Consumer of cookies and milk Premium Member

Oh, hush, both of you. I'm old enough to have been your baby-sitter. :lol:

Scatta, while I understand why you'd like first names, I just can't. I think I can count on one hand all the people on the board who actually know my first name, a few more than that know what city I live in. If it were just me I was looking out for, I'd probably be a bit more open, but I have kids, so I'm more reserved than the average bear about stuff that could potentially identify them. I hope you understand. :(

Johi, I'm currently working my way through Voyager again right now. TNG is next in the line-up, though. It's nice to have the flexibility owning the DVDs offers.

*waves to Naraht and GG* :D

17. mackillian

I still want to get DS9. Stupid money. :mad: Stupid fencing sucking up all of our funds. :mad:

18. Scatta

Of course I do, I built it into the question.

I just don't consider first names a risk, as long as it's a reasonably common first name and no one knows exactly where I am. I do, however, respect that other people do consider it to be one. I, for one, rarely go anywhere alone. I never leave work without an escourt, so I can understand that people have to do what they have to do.

19. Neeka Keet

Neeka Keet Admiral Admiral

Hey all,

Just here to say that I've been a Star Trek fan since I was a little 8 year old watched TNG with my mom every week 'til it ended. I'm 22 now a Senior at the University of Puerto Rico majoring in Political Science, hopefully going to study law afterwards.

P.S. My name's Carmen, but I really don't mind people calling me Neeka.

20. Naraht

*waves back* :)