Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry. Me stupid. It was WNMHGB.

2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Joanne Linville as the wife of a murderous, two-timing campaigning senatorial candidate played by Jackie Cooper in the Columbo episode "Candidate for Crime."

Kor

3. HGN2001

HGN2001 Captain Captain

Just spotted the actor who played the caretaker on the "Shore Leave" planet arguing with Joe Tormolen/Hanar on a PERRY MASON episode.

4. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

It Takes a Thief, "38-23-36". Al infiltrates a beauty pageant to recover a secret microdot. Present is our favorite belly dancer Tanya Lemani (Wolf in the Fold) doing what she does best:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, coincidentally, one of the evil henchmen is portrayed by Charles Dierkop, who played her husband in Wolf in the Fold!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Gotta watch those booby-trapped showers)

And the always radiant Nancy Kovak as the queen bee of the pageant:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just to make a four-fer, here's series regular Malachai Throne too:
    [​IMG]

5. HGN2001

HGN2001 Captain Captain

I ran into a triple yesterday as I watched a FUGITIVE episode called "Middle Of A Heatwave".

Sara Marshall was present, as was Paul Comi as a deputy. And James Doohan played a doctor.

Harry

6. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that was him. He even had a rough Scottish accent. The plot of that episode sounded ridiculous so I switched over to watch a movie instead. "Spartacus". Much better choice.

8. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Dierkop and Lemani were reincarnated lovers in the Trek era from the Thief episode but she still couldn't stand him in that time either! :lol:
    JB

Forbin likes this.
  9. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Flipping through the channels and there's Robert Lansing as one of Doris Day's potential boyfriends on The Doris Day Show.
    They couldn't have used more of a soft focus filter on Doris if they tried.

10. Forbin

Come to think of it, I've been watching The Equalizer off and on for the last few months - Lansing and his eyebrows were semi-regulars on that show.

HIjol likes this.
  11. johnnybear

Are you sure they were his eyebrows, Forbin? He could have borrowed them! :lol:
    JB

12. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Wasn't Lansing a semi-regular on the 'Kung-Fu' revival back in the late 80s?

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

A regular in the first two seasons, in fact.

14. Forbin

Half the time I expect them to crawl off and form a chrysalis on a nearby branch.

johnnybear likes this.
  15. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not really a surprise as his name was in large letters on the front of the blu ray, but I was struck by how much better William Shatner's performance in the Sole Survivor TV movie that he must have done pretty much right after Trek was than he'd managed in most of season 3. Much more restrained.

And for an actual surprise, John Winston pops up.

16. Forbin

Sharon Acker reprises her role as an SIA scientist in the It Takes a Thief season 2 finale "Mad in Japan."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, that last one isn't what it looks like - they're gasping for breath after being locked in a safe for hours.

I was very surprised that an episode set in Japan, featuring at least a dozen Asian actors including Phillip Ahn and Soon Taik Oh, did NOT feature Miko Mayama!

17. Forbin

In the mood for a bad 50s sci fi movie, I had The Man From Planet X on one of those cheap theme DVDs with "4 classic sci fi movies" on it. And there was William Schallert! He plays the heavy - an unscrupulous scientist who tries to wrest advanced knowledge from the alien for his own gain.

[​IMG]

18. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    I HAVE to ask in the spirit of this thread, did he survive his tour of duty on the Seaview!

Forbin likes this.
  19. johnnybear

Yes and no! His main character Clark did! He was promoted then demoted and kicked out but his later character Benson bought the farm on Dinosaur island in the second season!
    JB

20. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    Well, based on that and Jurassic Park movies, and him being a second stringer, he didn't stand a chance!