That one; Mommy!!!!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RobertScorpio, Oct 16, 2008.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Have you ever watched a STAR TREK episode, from any show, and think "I wish I was there when they filmed that episode". I used to watch ARENA and say, gosh, wouldn't it be cool to have watched them film the Gorn stuff...would have looked hokey perhaps, but would have been cool.

I have been to that part where they filmed the scene. This was several years ago where you could climb up to where that big boulder was that Kirk pushed over the cliff to knock the Gorn out with...I got a picture of me standing up there. A friend of mine says that on some days you cant go up there, not sure about that. But to even go there when it isn't being used is a toughy too. Luckily, when we were there, it wasn't being used and we, my friend and I, took our pictures...

Is there a particular episode you have seen that you wish you could have been there, behind the scenes, to see how they did it? Not just meeting the actors, but seeing how it all worked behind the camera as well?

Rob
    scorpio

2. Fel

Fel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Rob, Post the pictures man!

3. kissthestar

kissthestar Captain Captain

That ep in STMG where Wesley entertains the young lady who has led such an isolated existence under the care of her governess has a holodeck scene involving singing asteroids or something. I would like to have been there watching as the actors tried to respond with big awe to nothing at all.

4. Invader675

Invader675 Ensign Red Shirt

Episode 1, Enterprise. The decontamination scene. Mmmmmmmmm. (I need a girlfriend :lol:).

5. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Every scene between Patrick Stewart and David Warner in Chain of Command. I still get chills from the interplay between these two brilliant actors.

I also think Spock's funeral scene. TWOK was a turning point for me in my love of Star Trek. That scene just sums it all up, nicely.

6. MrsPicard

MrsPicard Commander Red Shirt

Oooh, this is very hard to choose because I know that the TNG actors always had so much fun when they were shooting these episodes...

I would have loved to see the very first "Encounter At Farpoint" scene they shot. I think (I'm not sure, though) it was the one in which Wesley and Riker come out of the holodeck after Wesley has fallen into that river thingy and Jean-Luc simply looks at Wesley and says "Good idea." when Wesley tells him that he'll go and change clothes or something.

Shooting the very first TNG scene = historical moment. Must witness. ;)

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yeah..I could go for that. I would have liked to watch SHATNER/STEWERT film their scenes together for GENERATIONS for the same historic feel of it.

Rob

8. MrsPicard

MrsPicard Commander Red Shirt

Oh I'd like to see that one as well. I'd basically be fine with just about every scene - if only Mr. Stewart's in it somehow! *lol*

9. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I was very privileged to be on set during filming of TNG several times. I tried to maintain my professionalism, but some times.... WOW!... ya know?!

10. ria 75

ria 75 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My garden, on the other side of the frog pond
    I always wondered why Wesley was still wet after getting out of the holodeck. Wasn't it holographic water?

11. votd

votd Commander Red Shirt

I always justified that as replicated water.

12. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Acquisition... mmmmm Trip in blue undies...