Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

after a few issues that dealt with Foggy's cancer this light issue was much needed.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Going way way back - just been reading the Human Torch Strange Tales stories - all sorts of oddities such as Johnny having a secret identity (til they remember he doesn't have one and solve that by having Johnny look an asshole when he realises that his identity was known all along), the false 'try-out' Captain America (and everyone knows that Steve Rogers is Captain America) and early versions of the Wizard and Pastepot Pete.

Oh and people are breathing in a lot of asbestos...

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

We already know he is doing Namor.

5. Admiral_Young

We do? I thought Robinson said that was a joke that he was writing a Namor book?

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I may need to start picking up Scarlet Spider again.

Ben Reilly is back!

8. Admiral_Young

Scarlet Spider has been especially good as of late IMO.

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I flipped through that on the stand.
    Is this the one that died in the 90's or the "new" Ben from Spider Island....who also presumably died? Are they even different?

10. PsychoPere

I read the first seven issues of Scarlet Spider and really enjoyed them, but it was one of the many titles I dropped when I decided to pare back to just a few select titles per month.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

It wasn't Ben Reilly it was Kraven in a Scarlet Spider suit using drugs to make Kaine hallucinate.

12. PsychoPere

Bah. Marvel bastards. Stop playing with me like this.

Thanks for posting that, Hartzilla.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks Hartzilla.

14. Admiral_Young

Actually it was really well done. The entire thing was played like Kraven's Last Hunt, right down to the thunderstorm and Aracely and Kaine's girlfriend being worried about him. Kaine thinks he is undergoing degeneration that the previous clones had gone through. Then "Ben" appears out of nowhere and engages in psychological babble and it soon becomes clear that Kaine has been drugged and on the last page it is revealed that it's Kraven. Aracely is attacked by his daughter as well. Kraven is just the latest who wants revenge on Kaine.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Small week purchase-wise, but a big week story-wise. The first two parts of Battle of the Atom were good. The consequenses of the O5 X-Men remaining in the present day start to form as the X-Men of the future come to the present to send the O5 home before they destroy the future. The twist at the end of part two was a genuine surprise, but on the other hand, I shouldn't really be too shocked to discover that...

... there is an adult Jean Grey living in the future.:lol:

The part where kid Cyclops was nearly killed and adult Cyclops started to fade away with a little chilling.

Part two of Infinity picks up the pace a little from part one, which I felt was a little slow. Black Bolt reasons out the true object of Thanos' designs and the real reason for the "Tributes" he has been demanding from various worlds, and that is also quite chilling.

I look forward to seeing how both of these "Events" play out.

Also picked up Avengers AI #3. This has been fun so far. I'm enjoying Humphries take on Pym and am surprised at how much I like Doombot, who I think will be the book's break-out character.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  16. Guy Gardener

Doom is going to come for that Droid.

After finally finishing off the Thanos Rises, it kinda calls into question everything we know about Titan... Did all that happen hundreds of years ago? Was Starfox never a member of the Avengers, because he doesn't exist and this continuity fudge, of did Mentor and a couple survivors (or a depository of DNA) build up Titan from scratch... However that would explain how Eros had no idea that he was an Eteranl back in the 80s, but it would also mean that Eros and Thanos were not raised side by side as children.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

And do I understand correctly that the personification of Death that Thanos has loved and worshipped all of this time has been revealed in Thanos Rising to be merely a figment of Thanos' imagination? If so, I will just happily ignore every "revelation" made about Thanos in this mini. Hell, other characters have seen this supposed figment, so it calls everything from this series into question. Lame.

18. Guy Gardener

He could have tried to hook up with the real Death eventually after tiring of his dream death girl?

A training reaper.

I found the mass conceptions more alarming than than the necrophilia.

One of my Favourite lines from Infinity Gauntlet was something like "You are my granddaughter? Ridiculous! I worship death! Death! I would NEVER bring a life into this universe... Because I worship death. Death!"

Later he uses the Infinity Gauntlet to rewrite time and reality so that Nebula had always been his grandaughter just to piss her off.

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think Death is supposed to be in his head. I mean, there is definately a "living" entity called Death in the Marvel U. Sure, Thanos's Dad couldn't detect her in thanos Rising, but its Death, I would assume that she/it isn't detectable by anything if she/it doesn't want to be. It really wouldn't make sense for death to show up on scientific equipment, no matter how advanced.

Also, The last issue of X-Factor was good

Jamie and Layla get a happy ending, with him getting turned back to normal. It was a nice wrap up. Hopefully PAD's next project, which his note at the end of the issue said will be announced soon, will be something cool. Its been a long ride (112 issues, more than most writers get nowadays) and while it was never a high seller, X-Factor has consistently been one of, if not the, best comic Marvel has been publishing since it started. I'll miss the book, and I hope the characters don't get screwed up by other writers

20. Admiral_Young

Read the first two parts of Battle of the Atom and surprisingly enjoyed both issues. I predicted Lady Xorn's identity correctly. My issues with Bendis writing the X-Men continue to remain the same, but so far so good. I believe part three continues with Wood's "X-Men #5".