The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Jerhanner

Jerhanner Cadet Newbie

Good evening.
    I'm making the jump from the STMovie forum on the advice of people whose opinions I trust. Nice to meet you all.

2. FinalFrontier

FinalFrontier Lieutenant Red Shirt

Fairly new here, I joined the board about 2 weeks ago, was randomly browsing through star trek related stuff online and found something linking back here. Just been posting in my free time which honesty hasn't been all that often. Nice to meet everyone.

3. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I found this site when I was in the library surfing the internet for ST IX stuff when
    I should have been doing homework. Eventually I found the "Facts about Captain Robau" thread. I had to surpress the outrageous laughter so as not to disturb anyone. Its all been downhill since then. I like reading everyone's opinions on this movie and the various series in general, but I'm mainly here for Robau, praise be to his badass-ness.

4. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to the forum folks :bolian:

May Robau grant you infinite patience and humor. You're going to need it.

5. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Hi to all the new people! :)

6. Shadowcat_559

Shadowcat_559 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I just joined today. I have been a Star Trek fan for over 40 years. I loved Star Trek XI. The new cast is fantastic.

7. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome Shadowcat!

8. Sycho Nosk

Sycho Nosk Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

cool dude

9. Voyagerian

Voyagerian Commander Red Shirt

Hi, everyone. Newbie here! Been a longtime ST fan, and am a mem at two other sites, and been familiar with the BBS, and its affiliated site, of course, with a number of visits to browse the latest news, but just now for the heck of it decided to jump in and join. I hope to make some new friends here, and I consider myself to be a friendly sort, so, perhaps I'll be conversing some of you, as time goes on....so, this is my own little new 'frontier' to explore....best regards.

10. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

welcome to Trek BBS I am a fan after I seen the new movie and it is cool to have new fans here

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Is this film worth seeing?

I like TNG, VOY, ENT and TOS...but would I actually enjoy this film?

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

You'll find opinions across the spectrum about whether the film is worth seeing. A lot of people think so, some don't, some are lukewarm, and there doesn't seem to be any hard correlation between what shows a person likes and what they think about the movie. The only way to tell for sure is to watch it yourself and see what you think. The DVD will be out soon; you could probably Netflix it, at the very least.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    When I saw trailers for ST I thought it looked cool and then after it came out I read some mixed reviews. I will see it sooner or later...I just need to know if I should see it the day it is out on DVD or can it wait til I get around to it.

Is there anything noteworthy that needs to be said before I see it?

14. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

you will love it

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It does look cool. :)

16. Tara

Tara Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

hHeya! Late to the party, but thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an Old School fan, but crazy in love with the new film. I've spent the last 6 months geeking out and writing fanfic over on LJ, and decided to check out the boards here, since I recognised a lot of folks from the AdAstraFanfic forums.

Since falling head over heels for Pike in the new film, I've renewed my childhood love of TOS, and actually gone back and rewatching chunks of the series and have been re-reading all my Trek novels frm my teens, and have built up a kinda scary collection of "All Things Pike and Number One" lately. God bless IDW for repritning the Early Voyages comics! So they're my Happy Place at the moment.

Next up this winter will probably be a DS9 rewatch, and I've a friend who just moved to town who has never seen the Manny Coto years of ENT (which was when I came back, having bailed during first series due to Braga's Vulcans) so I'm sort of in a happy Trek place for the first time in ages.

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the fun! :hugegrin:

18. Tara

Tara Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

ta very much!

19. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    O. Very nice, hello all. I've been a fan for 20 years now. Witch is sort of difficult for a girl - in Germany at least :) good to be among lovers. Hope to see much of you in the future!

20. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Girls are always welcome, to balance out M&F! :D

Jetfire: as the ads say, it ain't your Dad's Trek, but I did watch TOS the first time around on TV, and I really enjoyed the film. IS it perfect? No. Are there things that will shock (if you've remeained spoiler free)? Yes. Is it a good, action oriented Trek flick? Yes.