The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

Hi Trekkies I am 21 and I love Star Trek think it is so awesome by the way my name is Lauren and I hope you make me feel welcome so live long and prosper

2. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

We will do our best :)

Peace and long life :vulcan: ;)

3. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

well thanks for that kind welcome

4. BriannaLee

BriannaLee Ensign Newbie

Hi all, My name is Brianna and I've been a life long Star Trek fan. I am sooo in love with the new movie

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome! :)

6. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Welcome to all the new people.

The more the merrier, we sez. :D

7. Barchester

Barchester Ensign Red Shirt

Hi everyone! Long-time Dutch TrekBSS lurker here, but just decided to join in the fun and discussions. For the record, my favourite Trek movies are the first six with Shatner, Nimoy et al (I never really cared much for the TNG movies as they felt more like prolonged episodes than stand-alone movies to me) and my favourite series is DS9 (and yes, big time renewed Battlestar Galactica fan too).

Looking forward to spending some time on this board. :)

8. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

Hi, I'm new to all these boards. But I'm not new to Star Trek itself, for I have loved Star Trek since I was a kid. I will tell you I joined here because of not just the new movie, but because I love Star Trek. I love TOS and TNG as they are both my favorite shows in which I grew up with. I love all the other movies including the new one which has became one of my favorites. I have seen the new movie 8 times, and looking forward to the release on dvd and blu ray in November. My favorite charcters are Kirk and Spock no mater if from the new movie or TOS, I just love Kirk and Spock! I went to my first Star Trek Convetion here over 2 wekks ago in Las Vegas, and had a blast! I actually got to meet both Spocks and the Kirk from TOS and even got to meet Data and Riker as well. My whole reason to go to the convetion is because I wanted to meet the actors who play Spock and Kirk, as they are my favorite charcters of all Star Trek. Anyways, I also collect stuff of Star Trek manily from the new movie and TOS. Anyways I just wanted to say hi.

9. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Wow - very cool that you've met both Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner. I hope you enjoyed the new movie :)

10. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Hey there! Sending you a friend request. :D

Are you in the DFW area? I think they've been working on a meetup in that area.

11. misterx3

misterx3 Ensign Red Shirt

Hello. I'm, er, Mister X I suppose. I'm brand new to these boards and the Star Trek series too. So, as for my story: I first got into Trek when I was 4 or 5 (watching TNG as a kid), though I don't really take that into account since I barely remember any of it. Anyway, this past summer before the end of my sophomore year of high school, I went to the IMAX premiere of JJ Abrams' Star Trek. Being a major film buff, I don't usually like typical big budget films, but I thought it was a great flick. I was also shocked not only by the amount of people who had turned up (it was a relatively small town), but by how dedicated the fans seemed as well: almost half of the people there had dressed up and I even saw a few people who had their hair cut in a Spock-ish style. At points in the film, when one of the Spocks would do the V-sign, the entire crowd would as well.

After I left the theater, I felt that some pieces were missing. There were many references in the film that I did not understand as I had such a limited knowledge of the Trek universe. As soon as I got home, I logged onto Amazon and ordered the entire remastered set of The Original Series with one-day shipping for 200$. And so it began. From May 8 to today, I've been watching TOS and getting studied up on Trek. I currently am watching episode 4 of Season 3. Oh, and as for my opinion of it, it's been a lot better than expected. I always thought Star Trek was just a cheesy sci-fi show, which it is, but it's a cheesy, thought-provoking, intelligent sci-fi show.

I'm also digging the site; glad to see (or maybe it does happen, and I just haven't noticed it yet) that there doesn't seem to be any excessive flame-warring on here consisting of "ur gay", "no ur mom is", etc. Seems like everyone on here seems to be a bit kinder than the people you see on other forums.

So, yeah. Hello everyone.

12. soranisevil

soranisevil Cadet Newbie

Hi, everyone I'm SoranIsEvil!!!!

I saw the Star Trek 2009 movie and I became an instant fan. It was the first Star Trek I had ever seen, and now I loooove it. I've purchased dvds, action figures, etc.

Cardassians are my favorite!!!!!

qaparHa, Kirk!

13. Australis

Hi to all the new guys, glad you liked the film! :)

14. soranisevil

soranisevil Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone! I am SoranIsEvil! This website is really cool. Hey, Halloween is coming up... are any of you going to dress as your fave characters?

15. Cave Canis

Cave Canis Ensign Newbie

HI Trek Fans on BBS,

I'm new to this forum but not to ST. Cut my teeth in front of the family's new Zenith color TV watching TOS as it aired. Almost too much for a 13 year old West Virgininan in 1966, but not quite. I've been a fan ever since.

I live in Texas, love to write science fiction, read a lot, and paint a bit. I'm continually surprised by how many young folks have cottoned on to Star Trek since the new movie came out. I went to see it 8 times to see if there was something there I didn't like.

Glad to have found some place where it's not geeky beyond belief to talk about Star Trek.

Cave Canis

16. Cave Canis

Cave Canis Ensign Newbie

Oh yes, and as a body illustrator I will be working all day Halloween so YES I am going to wear a costume all day.... a vulcan... ahem, lady.

Cave Canis

17. Australis

Welcome you new guys! have fun here!

18. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Hi there...I´m a 27 year old trekkie from Germany. Star Trek fan since the initial broadcast of TNG in germany. Any other german fans here?

19. Mimi Sky

Mimi Sky Ensign Newbie

Hi... I'm Mimi... Coming from Croatia...
    I'm fan of ST since I was 8... (for ten yeas actually...)

Btw... I love... love... love... the new ST movie... especially fiktor fiktor 2 :D

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome, new people! :)