Ghostbusters 2016: Talk about the movie(s).

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Frontier, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, those look good. They look fairly reminiscent of the original uniforms. If I remember correctly, the sequel changed them up a bit. They also look like mining uniforms.

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Looks more cobbled-together and less Hollywood than the originals. I dig it.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't have a problem with that either! :techman: I was afraid they were going to go with something futuristic or stupid like the proton packs from Extreme Ghostbusters

5. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks good to me on all counts. I suppose the trap will be about the same design which is good.

Only thing left to know is how the ghosts will be shot and what the 'story' will be.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, I like the clunky, hand-built look of it, but somehow I'm not getting as much of a "unlicensed nuclear reactor" vibe from it as I did with the originals. Instead it looks more like just a random piece of machinery pulled from a scrapyard.

Although I agree with some extra lighting effects it could end up looking a lot more dangerous and impressive on screen.

7. ThunderAeroI

My only concern for the movie is Melissa. I have grown to detest her acting abilities and although once fun to watch has grown tiresome to behold.

8. Saul

Looks to me like the trap might be already part of the proton pack. The bottom of it seems to be a pull out compartment. Maybe the ghosts get sucked into the proton pack through the wand and automatically go into the trap. Might speed up the action of the film since we don't have attention spans for shit these days.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I was thinking the same thing about the trap possibly being at the bottom though maybe that's the battery or something.

10. ThunderAeroI

I thought it might be the trap, but I hoped it wasnt.

11. Saul

Yes, it does look a bit fan made.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Those new proton packs have gone way too far with the "cobbled together" look. They look like very cheap cosplayer gear, not something to help fight ghosts. It looks like either a very lazy design, or an example of penny pinching by the studio.

13. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think Egon would have approved.

14. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hey, i liked Extreme Ghostbusters.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like it. I was a little hesitant about this since I'm not a fan of Melissa McCarthy, but what I've seen is starting to make me look forward to this.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

17. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

It has a handle on it, so it seems removable. I was thinking it was a battery or something. If it's a trap, that could work. I'd hope that it's covered. Because it looks like a tool box of sorts built into the pack. Maybe it opens up and the trap is inside.

I do like the design. Seems like the same basic design, just made out of any junk the creator could find. That's what the originals were supposed to be. It does have a slightly less refined look than the originals which is a nice touch, makes it look like someone actually tried to build a proton pack that was actually functional instead of a prop.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Egon would probably not have put a little heart on the radiation symbol.

Melissa looks sweet and cute there and what pops in my head? "Who you gonna call? Weight Watchers!" sigh, society has indoctrinated me I'm afraid....

19. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The positron collider's supposed to be at the bottom of the pack! And most of the Ghostbusters tuck their pants into the boots! GARARAHRARHRPHHH [/foam at the mouth]

Just kidding. I like how the pack looks so DIY, though maybe they'll be MK I packs. I'm also surprised that they kept the basic shape of the neutrona wand, too.

And the suits themselves have the right kind of updating, too -- nothing drastic, still close enough to be cousins to the original beige suits, but the only real update are the modern reflector stripes used for firefighters, EMTs, electricians, etc. They weren't as common as the 80s but they are now, so it's a minor modernization that works.

20. Saul

It was politcally correct suckyness