Secret Invasion #6 - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The penultimate double page spread says it all really... (click to embiggen)

[​IMG]

I'd hate to be a Skrull right about now.:eek:

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What? One barrage from orbit and New York is done.

Why else draw these buggers into a single killing field if you're not prepared make their survival impossible?

The Only survivors would be Thor and Katie Power.

Thor would have to wait at least 12 years before it would be decent for them to repopulate the earth.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^That wouldn't quite fit with their supposed intention to peacefully integrate Earth in to the Skrull Empire. Supposedly, they haven't attacked any military forces. Only superheroes and their support structures.

Though, I want to know what "Hank" did to Janet.

4. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Oh and Hercules would probably survive.

Heh, "My God has a hammer..."

5. Guy Gardener

"...And the Hammer is my Penis"?

Ares maybe, but Herclues is off on a quest into the metaphysical plane to kill the skrull gods before the human gods lose their few remaining worshippers and fade away. It's really quite good. :)

A lieutenant talked about scrubbing San Fransisco off the planets face because of the mutant infestation in the SI: X-Men limited series, but as already mentioned, it's not part of the plan. of course their plan to win is one thing, and their contingencies for a safe retreat is a completely different gambit. Napoleon lost 550,000 troops trying to get the hell out of Russia after the Russians sacked and razed Moscow themselves leaving the French with no food or relief when they got to where they were going thinking they didn't have to pack their own lunches.

We already know about Jan. FauxHank recently gave her growing powers to the point that she's a Giant Woman when she wants to be. Now if she doesn't outright explode in a confined space, imagine what happens to every one else packed into a quinjet/skrull scout ship already like sardines when she grows 800 sizes crushing and smothering everyone else in proximity?

6. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nick Fury had the best line in that whole thing.

7. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Heh, yeah Ares. GAH! Stupid greek gods.

8. Guy Gardener

You mean the guy that ALLOWED this invasion to happen?

He could have routed it quietlike before the beachhead became apparant, for fucks sake he can unveil disguised Skrulls and probably has been able to do so for months and months and months which means he was totally playing Skrull-Queen-Spider-Woman off against the Avengers, Hydra and the other Skrulls because he pushed her where he needed her to be to make the most noise so that when he showed up at the last minute to save the day, he would be the returning king or the secondly comming saviour, so that when the dust settled shield and sword and the initiaitive and Hydra and the bad guys would all be in tatters and government would be shitting itself so that Fury could write his own check and no one was going to fuck with him again the next time he attacked Latveria on a whim just because it's a Bush propped puppet who'd jumped her leash. They fucked him and this is how he fucked back.

He Hank Pymed them, and every last one of you too.

Yeah that's right, the guy that built the crazy robot to attack the avengers so that he could save them during a hearing for his misconduct unbecoming an Avenger. He also Watchmened you and he Incredikidded you and he TAOed you... Hell if this is how he makes friends and influences people I might start to wonder what other terrorist acts on American soil Nick Fury has orchestrated or allowed to increase his budget and scope?

Do the ends really justify the means?

9. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the real Hank is ever recovered (and they better vet each recovered hero if/when they find them), he is going to be a new kind of basket case, his confidence forever shredded. Maybe they better just kill him and mean it. Another twenty years of unsure Hank is going into major retread territory.

10. Guy Gardener

Stark accepted programming to kill the inhuman nanny who was getting it on with Jarvis(Or should have been. They had a Tracy/Hepburn thing going on about Kitchen dominance.) because Kang said it was Just. Hank was too rigid and instead of also accepting evil orders from a futuristic warlord despot to be nefarious, he snapped and had a couple mental breakdowns instead of snuggling with the darkside...

Hank will be fine. This to will come to pass.

And if it doesn't.

Jan can teach him how to drink.

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

On a related note, is the website advertised in this week's books working for anyone - embracechange.org ? It just redirects me to Marvel.com.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Who's the huge blonde chick? One of the Young Avengers/Initiative kids?

I don't understand, Nick Fury can see through the Skrull disguises all this time when the combined powers of Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Strange and Xavier couldn't?

And why would Katie Power survive alone next to Thor? She's one of the Power Pack kids, I assume?

13. Guy Gardener

that's Cassie lang, the second Antman's daughter, who runs with the Young Avengers under the no de plum "Stature" and has an odd romance with the Vision because he received the brain engrams of Iron lad who loved her who was really Young Kang, She can get big or small it's tied into her emotions to that her sense of selfworth can make her huge and tiny too.

Katie is like Bishop. She eats energy. Then redistributes it.

Okay.

Now my mind is fucked a little.

Is Lucas Bishop really Katie powers grandson? Is he not a mutant? Has he just been "passing" all this time? How unfortunate for him consideirng the tattoo and the concentration camp, y'know?

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

He can't. He is making educated guesses but he got Ms. Marvel wrong. Reed, on the other hand, has created a device that reveals Skrull impostors which he used in the previous issue.

15. Guy Gardener

He can too. read the book again. the big gun of his shunts them back into skrull form.

O.

So he can't figure out that a skrull is a skrull without letting the the skrull know that the dupe is up? but then that device is only one application of the technology being used to pierce their perfect perfect disguises. H might have a subtler method of sorting out who is who?

16. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"H might have a subtler method of sorting out who is who?"

Subtle and Nick Fury are two words that don't go well with one another....

17. Guy Gardener

oh sure when it comes to to slap his balls on the table to see who's got a bigger pair, that dudes all about the shock and awe... But... he's a spy. he's been snooping around on tippy toes setting every one up to be his unquestioning bitch for the last 3, nearly 4 years our time since the Secret War first exploded in everyone's face.

More like Midnighter than Spider-Man really.

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

There's nothing subtle about Reed right now. As far as he knows, the Skrulls killed his family.

Richards is virtually the devil in Skrull culture. I imagine he's about to cement that reputation.

19. Pensive

Pensive Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't been keeping up with this whole bollocking SI thing... Skrulls make me want to hurl myself off a cliff.

Maybe Reed can use his SCIENCE! to destroy all of them.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It was Reed's SCIENCE! that started it all, in a way.