My first voyage with Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Qutluch, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

Yes, I meant the EMH. I've had a crush on him since I was twelve. What can I say, I like renaissance men. ;)

Although I will concede that Bashir is pretty adorable. He's just a little too attached to his teddy bear. :p

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd be throwing that thing in the incinerator. Which is why Bashir would not care for me at all :lol:

3. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

Sometimes I kind of feel like a little kid though. Everyone else knows what is going to happen, but they guard what the say around me (which is appreciated)!

4. Qutluch

I don't mind, I have been so busy at work this week, I just know got to check my thread. It is always nice when I have something to read!!

BTW Everyone, I just saw the movie!!! I am so excited!

5. Qutluch

Indeed! Although, there are probably certain advantages to Data too! Personally, I will take Worf any day!

6. Qutluch

I love your avatar! Nicely done.

7. teacake

Data has never appealed to me, I don't care how trained in techniques he is. When I've thought about having sex with Data (yes we all thought about it when we heard that line, don't lie) I picture awkward robot thrusting like a metronome.

The EMH is a much more creative entity. Also photons are soft and not full of wires :adore:

Thank you! I adore it myself.

8. Qutluch

Extreme risk

B'Ellana is one angry women in this episode. Her behavior is odd. She is quite angry with everyone, including Tom. She also trusts Seven and allows her to make changes without questioning her. The strangest part, she wants to catch up with Neelix....

The crew begins building the shuttle that Tom has suggested, but the aliens are also building their own ship, and they are expecting to finish first.

While running a simulation of the shuttle going into the atmosphere, B'Elanna gets knocked out. Chakotay finds her out cold and she gets sent to the doctor. She has had severe injuries, but many of them are a month old. The captain restricts her to her quarters and begins to examine her logs. Chakotay finds that she started running these programs the day after she learned the maquis had been annihilated. Chakotay demands to know why, and b'ellana tells him that she feels dead inside. She has lost all of the family she has ever had, and she's lost all of her reason to live.

The aliens launch their shuttle, and Tom needs another set of hands to keep the ship from breaking up. B'ellana heads chakotay off and asks to let her go instead. They go into the gas giant, right on the mellar's tails. They damage the mellar's shuttle, but they struggle to keep the delta flyer together. As the shuttle begins to rip apart, b'ellana welds a grate over the micro fractures that are about to burst. She jerryrigs a phaser to act as a temporary force field,allowing them to make it back to voyager.

Back on the ship, b'ellana thanks chakotay, by simultaneously threatening to kill him.

Favorite part: banana pancakes are the solution to all forms of depression.

Least favorite part: while this was a good way to see growth from a previous episode for her character, B'ellana's recovery was too immediate. It would have been more interesting to see a growing arch out of this.

9. Qutluch

In the flesh

I liked this episode. It is an interesting way to show a perceived enemy, through the eyes of a friend.

Voyager finds a duplicated world, Star Trek command. Specific people were even recreated. Chakotay infiltrates the fake realm and figures out that it is species 8479. They are trying to learn to live like humans so they could infiltrate earth and attack a preemptive strike. Humans were a perceived threat since they momentarily sided with the Borg.

Janeway, with her calm self assured ness negotiates a peace with the aliens and explains their misunderstanding. They share technology as a first step toward peace.

Chakotay even gets a farewell kiss from his alien date.

Favorite part: Janeway was badass in this episode, and voyager was able to negotiate peace rather than attack for once. For an exploratory ship they often seem to be hostile, and here they were not.

Least favorite part: I would rather see chakotay kissing the captain.

10. Qutluch

Once upon a time

The kid is super cute, but isn't she big for a four year old? Neelix is watching her while her mother is on an away mission. The away mission gets hit be a storm, and the shuttle is stranded. Voyager needs to find her!

I like it that the doc is Naomi's teacher. He sure has his uses. The doc is one of the most useful members of the crew. Neelix tries to keep Naoimi busy while voyager tries to find her mother.

When Janeway tells Neelix to explain the situation to Naoimi he yells at the captain! Janeway takes it in stride, and keeps her calm. She reassures Neelix and gives him the confidence that he needs to tell her. Neelix is afraid to tell her because of the pain he experienced as a child when he lost his family.

Her mother is saved after Paris gets to give a touching goodbye message. The writers avoid having to deal with tuvok and emotion by saying he would says his goodbyes in writing...

The end is a happy ending with Naomi, her mother, and Neelix in her fairy tale holo deck scene. Janeway even crashed the party, and her and Neelix had a few kind words together to show us that there are no hard feelings between them.

Favorite part: I really like how neelix's character has grown throughout season four and the start of five. He has gone beyond his happy go lucky self, and he shows pain, anger, and yet is often still the jolly morale officer we know and love!

Least favorite part: we did not get to see b'ellana being sad, thinking that Paris would die. I like it when she back talks chakotay to get her way to protect Paris!

11. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Best part: Tuvok telling Samantha she's an "exemplary mother." That dialogue makes me cry every time.

12. Qutluch

I did like the way he related his own father/child experience to her in order to comfort her. Tis was a good scene. Thanks for mentioning it, I should have added it!

13. Qutluch

Timeless

This was okay. The idea of time travel always makes my head hurt... Plus, they have not really spent any time indicating that they were working on this new drive, and all of a sudden they are announced it was done.

There were flashbacks going back and forth between the past and present and in the end the present Kim and chakotay save the past Voyager.

I really liked the previous episode, so maybe watching them back to back hurt my opinion on this one...

Favorite part:
    They did a great job with makeup, making Kim and chakotay seem 15 years older.

14. teacake

Oh, Timeless is my all time favorite episode. Watch it again! Love it with me!

15. Qutluch

I know, I just do not like Harry Kim. The Doc was good though, as always.

16. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be fair... that was Kim's best episode. And I liked that LaForge got a ship.

17. teacake

I wanted that Kim to get sent back in time and take our Kim's place and we could have edgy(ish) handsome Kim forever!

18. Qutluch

The present Harry Kim was definetly better than Voyager's Kim! Also, great point R. Star. LaForge showing up was the best part of the episode for me!

19. teacake

How much older is Kim in Timeless?

It would be so hilarious if he had been sent back to Voyager in place of younger Kim and all the ladies that he had no success with were suddenly swooning over him.

20. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Aw come on... Harry isn't that bad! He just got...unlucky most of the time and didn't have the most exciting lines or episodes.

And yeah this was one of his better episodes! :techman:

And hell yes the Doc is always good.