Terminator-213 "Earthlings Welcome Here" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Dec 15, 2008.

?

Grade "Earthlings Welcome Here"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

21.7%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

58.7%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

13.0%
  4. "Hasta la vista, Baby." (Below Average)

6.5%
  5. "You are terminated." (Failure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Re: Terminator-213 "Earthlings Welcome Here" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS

I just watched this. I have one thing to say: WHO WROTE THE VOICE OVER AT THE BEGINNING? 1490? WTH?

2. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

As we already established, the explorer who they referred to was born in 1490, making it an understandable (though, apparently, unforgivable) error.

3. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Captain Captain

Not as big an error as showing Sarah in her 80s waitress uniform without her 80s big hair. ;)

4. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

That I can forgive. ;) Nobody needs to see big '80s hair, though future-Riley's frizz-plosion was pretty damned close.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ That was an homage to Newt from Aliens.

OT: I am currently designing my characters for the fanfic if anyone is interested. The storyline though is already mapped out in my head.

Confirmed characters that I'll be using:

Lauren Fields
    Sydney Fields
    Charles Fischer
    Catherine Luna
    Justin Perry
    Allison Young

John Connor, Sarah Connor, Jesse Flores, Derek Reese, and Kyle Reese will not be featured. They may be mentioned.

6. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Sounds rather like a Terminator: The Lower Decks story...I like it.

And I'll have time to read it, as well, since the the woman I took on a date last week seems to have come to her senses and in not wanting anything more to do with me. :lol:

7. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

Can't wait to read it NX. The only name I recognize (at least I think) is Allison Young. That is the girl Cameron is modeled after, correct?

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

9. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

^ I can't place Justin or Catherine, but the Fields were the family from last week's episode who later help stop Skynet's bio-weapon, and Charles Fischer is, I think, the scientist from the penultimate episode of season 1 who tortured Ellison before his house got burnt down.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'll be posting a character guide in a few days (as soon as I write it :D) for my new characters.

Lauren Fields - Lauren Fields appeared in Alpine Fields. She is a medic in my story.

Sydney Fields - Sydney Fields appeared in Alpine Fields. She was mentioned in my story.

Charles Fischer - Charles Fischer is the leader of the Greys and will feature in Part 2.

Catherine Luna - Catherine Luna is from Terminator: Dawn of Fate. She is a team scout in my story and the XO of the mission.

Justin Perry - Justin Perry is from The Terminator, Terminator Dawn of Fate, and T:TSCC (Dungeons & Dragons, Alpine Fields). He's Executive Officer of TechCOM (if you are trying to figure out who he is he was the African American General).

Allison Young - Allison Young appeared in Allison From Palmdale. She is the model on which Cameron Phillips was based.

Stumpy is a modified T-888. He is an original creation.

Earl Wise is an original creation. He is named after my Uncle (deceased) and my cousin.

John Connor, Sarah Connor, Jesse Flores, Derek Reese, and Kyle Reese will not be featured. They may be mentioned (Derek is mentioned in Part One).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  11. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

Another theory. In the promos I think I remember Sarah saying that Skynet is here, meaning in our time. With the HK showing up at the end of the last episode, is it possible that Skynet has somehow transported itself back in time to our time period?

12. misskim86

misskim86 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the whole Sarah storyline was campy and based too much on coincidence. It lead to something cool though

13. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

If you're referring to "The Demon Hand", I thought that was Dr. Silberman, or maybe we're thinking of different episodes.

14. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

^ Yeah, that was Dr. Silberman, the psychiatrist from Terminator 2 (and 3).

Charles Fischer is the man who collaborated with Skynet to teach the Terminators how to appear more human.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It is possible. In the expanded universe of Terminator Skynet had a body that it could download itself into if necessary. In the John Connor Chronicles novel series it did just that and came back in time on its own.

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm happy to answer any of the questions that people have on my fanfic, but I've been asked to steer the discussion of it out of the discussion thread for "Earthlings Welcome Here". Please feel free to ask any questions you have in the Terminator: Identity Crisis thread.

17. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Jesse has used "her" in relation to Cameron, at least once. "I'm here to stop her, I'm here to save him". It is very hard to consistently say 'it' when everybody else is saying "her", even Derek. Especially when Jesse is actually fearing Cameron's feminine charms. Those who know Cameron tend to think of "it" as a "her", as does most of the audience, I suppose. There is really no confusion about what Riley was supposed to do, IMO. And Jesse really messed up in using the stick when she should have used the carrot.

Regarding fate being fixed: in T3 it seemed to be that Judgment Day was inevitable (allthough the particulars could be changed), but T2 said "no fate but what we make". I hope TSCC, as T2 follow-up, eventually will stop the war alltogether - I hope there are going there by the connection between Weaver and Ellison on the one hand, and Cameron and John on the other.

Regarding the UFO: I don't quite see the likeness with the hunter-killers that we saw in T1, T2 and a couple of TSCC episodes. In the scenemaker, Josh said that they left it ambiguous (they love to do that don't they?) whether Sarah was hallucinating or really seeing something. It remains to be seen what it is (allthough there is clearly something to the "airco" company with its murderous guard).

Good episode, especially liked the scene where Riley was so amazed about the joys of pre-apocalyptic life. A very finely written, played and edited scene that really makes one feel for the character. I hope she will survive, and come clean with John - she needs it even for herself, to talk with someone who knows stuff.

Above average. Can't wait for the rest of the season.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

But in that instance she was speaking to Reese who, from her recon, has been living with the Connors. If her target really is Sarah as is now theorized Jesse wouldn't be stupid enough to tell Derek that she was really the target. Cameron is a more likely risk to them and Derek would believe it as a target rather than Sarah.

Not really possible due to the events of Complications. They know now that there are multiple realities - Judgment Day would continue to happen in these alternatives but it may be possible to stop it in the reality of the show.

19. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anybody noticed that the show is moving to Friday nights? It was announced during the preview for the new episodes starting next January.

Ahh Friday nights. Where all great sci-fi shows on networks go to die. It works for cable, but on free tv, it is a dead night.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I'm afraid that it was announced some time ago. We had a thread on it I believe. It'll be paired with Dollhouse for Fox's new Sci-Fi Friday's block of programming. Rumor has it that Warner Brothers is doing whatever they can to save it (including buying a large percentage of advertising space during the show) because of Terminator: Salvation.