Top Three Episodes/Serials

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Green Lantern, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Personaly, I prefer the end of Bakers time than the beggining, just don't really enjoy 70s who so much. Infact, Bakers last story is my favourate.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So difficult to narrow it down to three.

Pyramid of Mars
    Remembrance of the Daleks
    The End of Time

3. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Genesis Of The Daleks
    The Five Doctors
    Resurrection of the Daleks

4. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Revelation of the Daleks is first and Caves is second. Third at the moment is probably Doctor Who and the Silurians, though it may occasionally switch to Ghost Light or Kinda.

5. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Because it's a hard task anyway, I'll ease my burden by carving it up into categories:

Classic Series
    1. "The Invasion." I can never say enough good things about this serial. I love the 2nd Doctor, Jamie, & Zoe. I love Tobias Vaughn. I love Isobel Watkins. I love the Brigadier & UNIT. I love the animated replacement episodes for parts 1 & 4. I simply love it!
    2. "The Romans." One of the few out-and-out comedies the show ever did.
    3. "City of Death." Douglas Adams at his best. Tom Baker keeping things light but never getting too silly. It's a shame this is really the only decent story in all of Season 17. "I say, what a wonderful butler. He's so violent.":guffaw:

New Series, Russell T. Davies Era
    1. "Midnight." Such a brilliant, creepy bottle episode. I wish they would do more episodes like this where the Doctor feels truly threatened and outside of his comfort zone.
    2. "Blink." Just a great piece of timey-wimey science fiction.
    3. "Human Nature"/"The Family of Blood." While the Davies era seemed to run out of ideas pretty quickly, I think this episode was a great exploration of a new side of the Doctor's personality. And I love the way the nurse totally calls out the Doctor at the end, "If the Doctor had never visited us, never chosen this place on a whim, would anybody here have died?"

New Series, Steven Moffat Era
    1. "Amy's Choice." I love it when the show does something different and plays around with its own format. In this case, I love the fact that they have to choose between the 2 separate realities. The Dream Lord is a great villain. Plus:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIDqYpqh5zE[/yt]
    2. "The Lodger." More variety with the format. In this case, Doctor Who as a domestic sitcom. One of the reasons why Matt Smith is among my favorite Doctors is because neither Eccleston nor Tennant could have pulled off this episode.
    3. "Vincent & the Doctor." It nearly makes me cry at the end when Vincent finds out how famous he is in the future. (And, as a fan of the Underworld movies, it's nice to see Viktor & Markus getting along for once.:p)

Big Finish Audio Adventures
    1. "Scherzo." It perfectly exploits the audio format because the Doctor & Charley are blinded for most of the story. Plus, I love how well McGann conveys the frustration of loving someone at an inconvenient time.
    2. "The Natural History of Fear." The twist at the end of the story is another great example of exploiting the audio format. It's a very trippy journey into a dystopian dictatorship where the Doctor is either a brutal government functionary or the secret leader of the resistance. No Doctor can go dark-side quite like McGann.:evil:
    3. "Colditz." It's one of the trickiest time travel stories that the franchise has ever done, with the Doctor & Ace accidentally changing the outcome of WWII. (Listen for a pre-Doctor David Tennant as a nasty SS officer that keeps threatening to rape Ace.)

6. Captain Dago

Captain Dago Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Three! After two hundred and whatever-it-is episodes?!? Three?!?!?

Well, if I must:

The War Machines - the one that pulled me in. :eek:

Web of Fear - the one I still see in my dreams (and only, alas, in my dreams) :klingon:

Let's Kill Hitler - Because I've got to have one with River. :luvlove: And Amy. :drool:

7. Green Lantern

I never did like Amy, and I always thought that Rivers character was too strong for Smiths doctor. With Eccleston, she'd have been great.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Classic:
    Invasion of Time
    Pirate Planet
    Stones of Blood

Revival:
    Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
    Master Trilogy
    Stolen Earth / Journey's End

9. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Vincent and the Doctor
    The Curse of Fenric
    Dalek

10. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have too many ties so I'm going to slightly cheat here ...

1. The Big Bang/The Doctor's Wife
    2. The Eleventh Hour/Vincent and the Doctor
    3. The Power of Three/The Girl who Waited

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Someone is a new viewer... :lol:

12. Trubinator

If that comment was directed at me, I never liked many of the RTD episodes. I found the quality to be horribly uneven with most episodes being a blah at best. The only episodes I ever enjoyed were the Moffat-written ones like Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, etc.

13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Fair enough. And I take it you haven't gotten to the classic series yet?

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've even seen those old episodes with the guy before Tennant! ;)

15. Trubinator

No, but I intend to. A friend of mine from work has been trying to introduce me to some of the classic Who and I think I will indulge him.

16. Anachronus

Anachronus Commodore Commodore

An excellent observation. She does flummox him every time.

17. Green Lantern

If you're looking into getting inot clasic who, I'd highly recomend these serials:

Tomb of the cybermen- because it's a clasic and is generaly brilliant. If you like 60s and 50s sci-fi, you'll absolutely love this one. If the Moonbase didn't have any lost episodes, I'd probably recomend that too along with the tenth planet.

Genisis of the Daleks- because it's a clasic, personaly it's not one of my favourates, but it is one of the most famous serials ever. I do recomend everyone to watch this, it's just a personal thing about 70s who I don't like though, that's all.

The Three doctors- because it's a clasic, is really enjoyable, and is just so much fun to see, I love 2 and 3s relationship. My favourate Petwee story without fail.

The Green Death- becaus it is just so good. Fine, "it's the one with the giant maggots", but still, the story is so good, and it does work its way up to being a clasic. Is also the first Pertwee story I ever saw.

The Five Doctors- because it's a clasic and is annother fun episode. The Master is fantastic in it, and as well as bringing back the old doctors, it also brings back some old companions.

The Two doctors- not because it's a clasic, but because i found it fun. Colin Baker at his best, fine alot of people can't bare any of Colins stuff, but I for one feel fond of some of his serials, and this is definately his best.

The Dalek Invasion of Earth- because it's one of the daleks most famous serials and is pretey cool to watch.

Earthshock- not because it's a clasic, but because it's a fun serial, and shows Davidson at his very best, and an awesome cyberman epic. It was also the first clasic serial I ever saw, so it has personal value to me. Watch it dude, you will not be disapointed.

Remerberance of the Daleks- because it's the last dalek story in the clasic series, and is fun to watch, also a bit of a clasic!

The 1996 movie- Fun epic with the master and a personal favourate. Then again, it is closer to RTDs stuff then anything else, so you may not like it, I however love it. It's worth a chance though.