The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Third Nolan Batman film title announced!

I'm guessing you might have to wear glasses or contacts watching it on a smaller screen.

2. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Hi all this is what I said on Screenrant

"Of what I've read here,but didn't Chris Bale say that if Robin was introduced early in the third film that he wouldn't resume the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.
    However the idea combining traits of characters is fine with me in the Nolan-verse style of film making would work.
    Here's my take on Robin/Dick Grayson where as Batman and Robin,Batman Forever stayed true to the comic book,but Dick was already a twenty something adult male that came from a circus background,but what we weren't treated to was the progression from Orphan/Ward to Batman's Partner in crime-fighting to fit Nolan's universe Dick Grayson would have to be raised in a orphanage that is one of the charities that Bruce endorses have Jason Todd's or Tim Drake's knowledge of computers since he would be home schooled in the technology that exists in Nolan's universe,but keep in mind he's orphaned at age 14 after he too witnesses his parents being killed in a circus accident,and that traumatizes young Dick two years ago,and hence being in an orphanage .
    Dick is natural fighter having learned boxing at the orphanage is out one night to go to a movie spots Bruce leaving an event to go to his Lamborghini and since he's in his civilian guise is confronted along with his date by a robber,and cannot reveal that he's Batman by taking on the robber.
    Enter Dick Grayson wearing a yellow windbreaker,and red sweater with green denim jeans ,who has a slingshot comes out of the shadows fires the rock to disarm the robber,and saves Bruce by punching the robber out cold.
    Bruce turns to his savior and asks for the young man's name and Dick tells him,and leaves the scene. without telling him about the orphanage.
    The very next day Bruce is researching orphanages and other records trying to find Dick or Richard Grayson living in Gotham City.The film progress with Bruce eventually finding out,and making Dick his ward,and getting him settled at first a public school,but that fails,and has to have him in a private school in a coed environment,and lives with Bruce at the newly renovated Wayne estate.
    Not until the end of the film does Dick tells Bruce of his tragedy of losing his parents,and living in the orphanage,then pretends to go up to bed,and instead follows Bruce to the library where Bruce does the piano code activates the door leading to lift basket taking him to the Bat cave where he is spotted by Dick suiting up to become Batman.
    Bruce then does a swearing ceremony with Dick to not tell his secret Id,and when he returns from his patrol he'll set up training".

How's that for good plot device.

Let me know OK.
    Signed
    Buck Rogers

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, to someone who isn't much of a Batman fan, "Caped Crusader" could mean just about anything, like another superhero like Superman for instance. Heck, it could also mean Zorro.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Dark Knight could mean anything as well.
    Is it a Vampire movie in the Middle Ages?
    Is it about a brooding Knight in the Middle Ages?

Dark Knight is no more instantly, or WASN'T, recognizable as a Batman film until it was titled that and marketed AS a Batman movie. Same could be done with Caped Crusader or Shadow of the Bat.

5. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always saw 'Caped Crusader' as more emblematic of, well, a far less broody, dark Batman. Pretty much not the Batman who growls his voice and is very grim. I think it'd not be an unreasonable title for a future Batman film that reboots the franchise by bringing back some levity and wit (which I honestly don't think is a bad idea), but a title that sounds like it's trying to ape Frank Miller is probably something that fits the generally deathly serious-minded Nolan movies.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

What about Gotham City as the title of the permanent final chapter of the Nolan trilogy? It's not like too many people would invoke R. Kelly's stupid song from B&R. :)

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Just...

G O T H A M

♫ Somebody save me! ♫

:lol:

8. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

If Nolan ends up using Catwoman or Talia, I think Rachel Weisz would be wonderful in either part.

And the idea of Hugo Strange working with the Gotham PD to bring in Batman is growing on me...

9. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Gotham City to me as a title suggests that there's going to be a broad portrait of the city or something. I wouldn't be surprised if the next movie rather keeps a pretty tight focus on Batman, and what he is doing and why he's doing it (and why his villains/allies/token love interest are doing what they're doing).

Not to say it wouldn't also work as a title, it just suggests to my brain a different movie then the one I guess we'll be getting.

10. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had the same thought as you but you said it better than I could have.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Come to think of it, most people hearing The Caped Crusader might think it was a historical picture about some cloak-wearing guy invading the Holy Land.

12. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

Personally, I think The Dark Knight Rises sounds much more exciting than Batman Begins.

13. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Stimulating, arousing, even!

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

We've already been making fun of the title here. Can't wait to see what innuendo gets tossed up by the professional type comedians and the like.

15. Re: Third Nolan Batman film title announced!

I can't wait for part 4... The Dark Knight Orgasms

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The Dark Knight versus Mr Floppy.

17. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

I would've preferred The Dark Knight Falls.

18. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

As I think about the title I would have much preferred "The Caped Crusader Rises" or the "The Rise of the Caped Crusader. Or just plainly "The Caped Crusader."

19. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

A Medieval Batman ;)

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

He's already done that. That was part of the point of TDK.