STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

How's the House of TrekBBS doing? My Klingon fleet recently did a reboot and knocked everyone down to warrior. Two thirds of the fleet left. I was happy there as I was mid rank and a coach for the newer players. Now I'm wondering if it's time to explore other opportunities...

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

needs help

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Yeah, we need as much help as we can get. I've been contributing just about everything I have to get fleet projects done, but we need more active players if we want to do much.

4. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I do contribute to the house as much as I can when I'm on my KDF characters. But honestly, I have very little interest in playing a Klingon so my priority is still our Starfleet base.

5. Rocketeer

What's the composition of the House fleet?

Number of players (not chars)?

Number of Engr/ Tac / Sci characters each player has?

Thanks

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

7. intrinsical

I'm going to be without computer access for the next 3 days. Can someone setup a poll and act on it?

8. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks for adding me to the fleet. I've been contribootin' what I can. :)

9. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Holo-strippers?

I could hang around Drozana if I wanted to see pretty colours and lots of dancing half-nekkid chicks.

Meh.

10. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

^Or certain areas of ESD and Qo'nos. :p

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Where do you see holo strippers? The NPC in the foreground is the DJ. This thing is more or less a recycled Club 47 from ESD.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Not interested in most of the vanity projects. 200k DIL for each thing, just way out of whack. More power to you if you've got a fat bankroll and want to splurge, but I just don't see the value here.

That, and every damned Starbase is exactly the same. We can't customize it, can't tweak these vanity projects at all, so you pay out the nose, and then just look like everyone else anyway.

And there's nothing to DO on the starbase, so I've only even visited once or twice. To check it out, or to buy a Fleet version of a gun.

Like most of Cryptic's products lately, they created a great resource sink for us, and grindy games to get those resources, but they fell down on coming up with reasons to WANT to do that, and benefits for doing so. Biggest carrot they offer us is that after spending a billion resource points, it allows to to overspend for a Fleet/Omega/Romulan vanity version of items you had the whole time, with marginal stat changes for the min/max croud to justify doing them.

13. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

The phrase "all flash and no bang" certainly comes to mind with these projects.

14. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

This is slightly unfair. I find the "elite" end of multiplayer full of arrogant ****s who are more interested in how much DPS you do than whether everyone is having fun. Consequently, I don't have much of the high-end gear. The Fleet store gives folk like me a route to ships and equipment that would otherwise require a lot of interaction with tosspots.

I don't want to come in to STFs or FAs with you guys under-equipped, but I don't want to force you to have to spend time spamming Normals with me until I have sufficient gear to cope. The Fleet stuff gives me a way to get to the base level without that.

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

True, those kind of Elite players are the worst. But not everyone who plays Elite content has that mindset.
    Personally I am happy to fly with new people even though they cant have the best gear equiped yet.
    It is not even necessary to do so.
    The real good players will tell you that white Mk X gear is all you really need. It will force you to struggle perhaps and you may die a few times, but trust the other players to pull you through if necessary.
    And to rely on others is not a bad thing, if you are the one who has enough wits to revive them when they've been oneshot or stick to the overall plans or simply apologizes when you slip up and make a mistake, same way they do, that's all that is necessary to show the quality. Not what marginally better gear someone has bought.

16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I found a good alternative is to get a bunch of ECs and just buy purple mkXI gear off the exchange.

17. intrinsical

To be frank, all my characters start playing elite STFs with only exchange bought uncommon/rare Mk XI items. Experience with STFs play a much larger factor than how
    goodyour gear is, and there's no better way to gain experience than to jump in and learn.

18. Rocketeer

I think you all have some good comments for and against the starbase. I have mixed feeling about it myself.

What I like: It gives the fleet a "kin house" which could be used for roleplaying or just hanging out and having fun. It provides opportunity for extra DOFF assignments. It provides opportunity to purchase premium gear and ships. (I don't run STFs.)

What I don't like: It can distract members from playing the game. It can drain resouces that could be better used somewhere else, especially the Vanity projects. I'm okay with doing a few vanity projects if they make it more fun for the membership, but don't see a need to do every one that comes up. What's the ROI??? Some fleets are basing fleet rank solely on contributions to the starbase, other contributions or service to the fleet are thrown out the window.

Just my two credits...

19. tos2012

tos2012 Cadet Newbie

How likely TrekBBS Armada is going to merge with the larger fleet? I hear from the STO forum that many smaller fleets are unable to cope with the S7 projects.

20. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

There's a larger fleet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.