What concluded series do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Sep 8, 2013.

?

Which series do you miss most?

1. Stargazer

2.2%
  2. SCE/CoE

24.2%
  3. IKS Gorkon/Klingon Empire

22.0%
  4. Vanguard

29.7%
  5. New Frontier

26.4%
  6. Myriad Universes

25.3%
  7. Mirror Universe

5.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

By the man himself. He didn't share any details about the book but said that it was during that period.

--Sran

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Y'know, I'm thinking Myriad Universes would make an awesome regular eBook series, if Pocket were looking for such a thing... :)

3. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

Personally, I'd be happy if SCE/CoE started up again as an eBook series. It was quite good.

4. Quimby

Quimby Lieutenant Red Shirt

I would buy as many Myriad Universe titles as they were willing to release. Love those.

5. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Vanguard had run its course, but there are still aftermath type stories to tell. But the Myriad Universe stories were special (well, most of them anyway) and I've love to see more, especially that Kahn story.

6. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I miss COE the most, even though I haven't read all stories yet.

MyrU and MU were among my favourite series. Remember, there was a Dominion cliffhanger. :vulcan:

VGD was epic and had a worthy finale. I'm not missing it because Seekers is right around the corner.

STA and KE are on my reading-list but I haven't started on them yet.

I wonder what the poll results would look like if DS9-R was part of the question. :rommie:

7. Mimi

Mimi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If DS9 relaunch was apart of the poll, that would have inevitably got my vote as well.

8. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Agreed. They did indeed.

Yes, we do. :techman:

9. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since "Strange New Worlds" and "Myriad Universes" are gone there has been a shortage of short-form fiction. Anybody ever think of the idea of including an "extra" short in the same book as a novel? (As was done way back when with "Starfleet-Year One".)

10. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

I too would love to get a book set after The Soul Key that actually resolves the Ascendants. We've gotten a bunch of hints, but I want the whole story!

My vote, though, would actually go to stories set within the TV shows TNG, DS9, Voyager, and ENT. I think if you were clever you could find some really interesting spaces to fill...in particular, I'd LOVE a book set in between the first two or three episodes of TNG, retroactively connecting character arcs to the more stilted writing and performing back then. It seems weird to me that TOS books set within the 5 year mission do so well, but they're not publishing any similarly-set 24th century novels.

11. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I voted for the Myriad Universe novels I really liked the stories like Chimes at Midnight and the Mirror universe stories too.I wish they would come out with another story collection ofnews stories in the Myriad universe series.

12. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

I never really thought about it as such, but I must admit I really enjoyed (and so I miss) the short fiction form. I enjoyed much of Strange New Worlds, and Mirror and Myriad Universes.

13. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

So would I, but not as eBooks, as another poster said.

14. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I've been saying this for years, but have about given up that it'll ever happen. They don't have to go back to them exclusively, just make special events out of them. Sales might go up that way, but as I said, I doubt it.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've always though of Rough Beasts of Empire, Plauges of Night and Raise the Dawn, and now Revelation and Dust (most likely, I haven't read it yet) as part of the DS9 Relaunch, so the thought didn't even cross my mind when I put the poll together.
    I wish I had included that. I would love to see the current batch of authors tackle some stories set during the non-TOS TV series.

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Looking at the series listed, it did occur to me that many of these could relatively easily be continued without a book of their own as guest spots or subplots.

Articles didn't sell that well, but Bacco's story has continued without an 'Articles II'.

Come on authors - pick up some threads !

17. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I second this idea. :techman:

18. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Yes! If only because I happen to have a Voyager story set around the first few episodes I really want to tell at some point.

We're hitting TNG's 30th in two years, then it's rolling for the others from then on. Maybe a good point to do it, even if they're one-offs for the celebration.

I went for New Frontier, because it's the only one I've read even though that's just six books. Plus from what I've gathered on here, it doesn't end properly compared to something like Vanguard.

19. oddment

oddment Ensign Newbie

I'm going to choose an odd one: Challenger

I really enjoyed New Earth when they came out and was excited when the Gateways series came out and it had a Challenger installment. I didn't have the internet back then and would go to the bookstore monthly just to check if there was a new Challenger book. After a while I took a hiatus from reading Trek and when I got back into it a couple years ago I looked online and discovered that Challenger was never really given a chance, which really disappointed me because New Earth was what really got me into Trek Lit. Once getting back into Trek Lit I've started to read New Frontier and have really gotten into that so I selected that on the poll. I've only just finished the Excalibur Trilogy (thought the 2nd installment, Renaissance, was the worst Star Trek book I've read so far, but otherwise they have been some of the best Trek I've ever read.) though...

20. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

New Frontier, definitely. Some of the plots may have been far-fetched, but it just had such a great cast of characters that iId love to see again.