Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy

Trek Retro Watches

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 15 2014, 08:12 PM   #31
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Re: The Voice (U.S.) Season 6 Discussion Thread

I'm not terribly disappointed in the final 3, though I probably would have preferred to switch out Jake Worthington for Kat Perkins. Jake has a nice voice but he certainly doesn't have the same level of talent that others in the competition have had. He has also had some poor performances recently. I understand why he's getting voted through but I do feel that based on voice, Kat would have been the more deserving choice.

I hope that Josh wins, because I honestly think he's the best of the final three.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 01:52 PM   #32
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

I'm not surprised Christina Grimmie didn't win. The ones I like never wins. Josh is a good singer, so I'm happy that he won. I'm just that Jake got 2nd place instead of Grimmie. In my opinion, Jake can't sing at all.
Old May 21 2014, 02:52 PM   #33
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Screw you NBC producers! If you want to give Christina Grimmie a record deal it'll have to be negotiated freely and not under your oppressive contest winner contract!

Seriously though I wish her well in her pop career.

I think Kristen would have been the better choice to fill out the top 3. I'm glad Kaufman won. Now both he and Grimmie will get record deals.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 05:02 PM   #34
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

intrinsical wrote: View Post
I'm not surprised Christina Grimmie didn't win. The ones I like never wins. Josh is a good singer, so I'm happy that he won. I'm just that Jake got 2nd place instead of Grimmie. In my opinion, Jake can't sing at all.
It reminds me of that season of America's Got Talent (I think the 4th season?) where that awful country singer inexplicably won. The "chicken catcher." Now I love country music, so it wasn't the songs, I just thought he had one of the worst singing voices I had ever heard on one of these competition shows. I found his win so ridiculous that I just completely stopped watching the show.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 07:44 PM   #35
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

That's what made me stop caring about Last Comic Standing. First, because it's well documented that the producers of the show are the managers for some of the comedians they chose. But also because the audience's votes were inexplicable, always going for the cheesy crap over the actual intelligent comedy. Alonzo Bodden was a fluke, he was the only good comedian who ever won that show.

Eh, screw it. I'm defecting to American Ninja Warrior. A competition show where the winner is completely objectively chosen. Then I will feel inadequate about my masculinity.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2014, 04:18 AM   #36
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Glad Josh won. He beat the odds.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote