Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Read all the fine print of the contract already, have ye? ;)

Here Thawn is, stuck in the middle with you... :lol:

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a new article posted on the Official Star Wars Blog that reveals just how long plans to actually do the sequel trilogy have been brewing. In the article, the author reveals the following:
    There's a lot more revealed in the article so I would suggest reading the whole thing, but thought that the above was rather important to share.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

EU, OK? O, I C. :)

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Same here. I thought it was pretty consistently excellent.

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

You mean Abrams will be lining up to get the chance to direct another Star Wars movie.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Whoever does the new Star Wars films will ignore the EU for the most part. They'll toss in some references to the EU but that's about it. There's no way they'll be able to keep track of it all and avoid contradicting it so they'll ignore it mostly.

7. Plain Simple

Plain Simple Commodore Commodore

Oh no, this is horrible news! SW already has the PT and OT, now what, a sequel trilogy? ST? We can't let Star Wars take that acronym away from Star Trek! To arms!

(To comply with the laws of the internet, I feel compelled to point out that, yes, that was sarcasm...)

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    They can always use the Yuuzhan Vong as the primary enemy of the new Trilogy, and every Trilogy needs a potent adversary capable of turning the entire galaxy on its ear. The Prequels had the Trade Federation, Separatists and the hidden Sith...the OT had the Galactic Empire and Sith (though the order was never mentioned by name on-screen)...and the Yuuzhan Vong could make for a very good enemy if handled just right. Even if characters like Chewbacca don't die in a cinematic Yuuzhan Vong storyline like they did in the novels they'd be pretty formidable adversaries for Luke, his friends and family and the New Republic. Think the Borg with personalities and more sadism.

9. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

slashfilm has a good post:it is 4 pages
    Your Questions Answered: What We Know and Speculate About ‘Star Wars Episode VII’ and Disney’s Purchase of LucasFilm

also:
    The Verge
    Let's just see how the next 3 films do. Obviously the franchise has room to tell other stories with feature films and TV series but every at least 3 films every decade?

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

:lol:

11. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Please no...no Vong.

There's much better stuff to do with EU ideas than the Vong.

12. Turtletrekker

Apparently, so does Newsarama. They list Legacy as the #3 most essential Star Wars comic.

13. cooleddie74

I feel the same about the Clone Emperor stuff. Yeah...it'd give Ian McDiarmid another chance to shine as the best actor in the Saga but a resurrected Palpatine in a new body would destroy the emotional impact of the Emperor's defeat and destruction at the end of JEDI and the sacrifice of Anakin/Vader to fulfill the prophecy of the Chosen One and restore balance to the Force.

Palpatine isn't Spock after TWOK. Resurrecting him is just gratuitous and smacks of desperation over finding new villains for the victorious Rebels and New Republic to fight.

14. Skywalker

I hope Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm doesn't mean the end for Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars license. I think they've been putting out the best EU material for years now. Far better than most of Del Rey's recent output, at least.

15. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I love to see Joss Whedon to be involved, if his current contract was cancelled. But Duncan Jones pops into my mind, as someone I'd love to see involved. There are so many talented directors out there. Getting the right director is so important.

16. Turtletrekker

^ I posted these links in the Dark Horse Star Wars thread...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41930

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/10/the-middle-ground-127-a-galaxy-far-far-away/

Keep in mind that Disney now owns Marvel, a much bigger comics company than Dark Horse. After the Marvel buyout, all of the Disney comics beig published by Boom! Studios were brought back under the Disney umbrella. The same will likely happen with Star Wars.

17. cooleddie74

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the Cade Skywalker era of EU history. It just did nothing for me, really. That said I raise a glass to toast anybody who knows this much about the SW universe, both filmed and otherwise.

We Padawans and Masters have to stick together. ;)

18. Skywalker

I don't go around calling myself Skywalker on a Star Trek board for nothing. :ouch:

19. cooleddie74

You're Shae Vizla badass.

That tell you anything?

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't you heard? The end of Jedi didn't actually ensure the restoration of balance to the Force. Apparently Anakin was really supposed to stay in Mortis and play with his dick while Palpatine rode around on a unicycle cackling maniacally and draining the life force of the entire galaxy. Or at least Troy Denning seems to think so.