The Tardis Exterior Final Designs Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, May 12, 2010.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks man, I will upload the full top, side, and bottom profile soon.. this is going to be a sweet design, and will have much more in depth schematics for the interior of the ship, including a cool floor plan and sectional cutaway..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. starsuperion

Some stuff I was working on..

ideas.. ;)

and to break up the monotony of the tardis designs..

think of this as a little break from all the seriousness..:techman:

[​IMG]

And here is what the individual full character data files will look like..more are going to be uploaded to my deviant art site as soon as my portable hard drive is fixed..
    [​IMG]

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh my those look ridiculously cool...

4. starsuperion

thanks man, I think that the final work up of the Tardis I am doing is going to be great.. it is just going to take awhile before I have them up on this site..cause I am doing it all..

the ship's exterior..

the basic premise of how the ship works..

the interior schematics like the walkways, the floorplans, and engineering.. actually the Tardis engines are next after the exterior, then the console rooms, and some other interesting stuff.

so I may not post on here for awhile..but the reason for it is perfectly awesome..

5. starsuperion

I HAVE DONE IT!!!!!

seriously......

THIS TIME..

I HAVE THE TARDIS!! :techman::eek:

What I am working on is nothing short of the full deal.. you guys are going to be surprised.. it is not going to look anything like what I have done before..

It will be the first schematic of it's kind, a revolution in spaceship science fiction engineering..

I kidd you not!!

I can not upload the image right now, as I am in the finalization of the design phase, however let me tell you, it is reminiscent of the 4th dimensional tesseract!!

the first ever Tesseract spaceship! and yes, it has all the bells and whistles of what we know is the Tardis! I sacrificed nothing!!

NOTHING!!!

THIS DESIGN WILL HERALD THE NEW PERCEPTION OF WHAT EVERYONE KNOWS THE TARDIS SHOULD BE IN IT'S OWN DIMENSION.. when you finally see it, you will be like I was, and be like yep...

that IS the tardis!

All of my previous work, all of my designs, and redesigns, and so on, and so on, all have lead me to this final conclusion, and special thanks to the comicbook from IDW entitled "Tesseract!" with all my exhausting searching and surfing, I found no references to anyone ever doing or designing a tesseract space ship, well I have and I gotta say, mathematically and engineering wise, it is amazing!

so, please be patient, and please goa nd check out the tesseract storyline 3 parter form IDW, as I am working on the final schematic of what will surely be the crowing achievement of my last 2 years of study,

My never ending quest.. to discover and design the definitive tardis as seen in it's own reality..

if this doesn't make Seven Moffat want to drool, then I don't know what will! :guffaw:

besides Amy Pond that is!;)

6. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't forget the cracks.

7. starsuperion

huh? please, can you remind me? thanks...:techman:

8. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shush! I'm just a distracting nuisance. Get back to making more beautiful artwork!

9. Admiral_Young

A little nitpick regarding the Valeyard...it's my understanding that he survived "The Trial of the Time Lord " and was around prior to the Time War so he wouldn't have needed to been resurrected just recruited normally but I really like the idea.

10. starsuperion

actually I thought he was trapped inside the matrix..?? at least that is what I have read..

11. Admiral_Young

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was pretty wierd. When he showed up after "dying", he still looked like himself, just in the Keeper's outfit. Like people wouldn't recognize him?

Anyway, I don't see why some subsequent story wouldn't have dealt with him once and for all. Now, show us more of these Cyberman-Dalek hybrids! And kudos on the Omega backstory - sounds perfect!

I love, LOVE these new pics. They all sorta look the same without the outfits, and are all unusually buff for the age of their respective actors (or those we know anyway), but what the hey - they're fighting a war!

Mark

13. starsuperion

yeah I may go back and redress some of the others and fix their likenesses, it is because of the huge comic book templates I created and use.. which I will now be redesigning.. anyhow..

On to the main point of this thread!

The Tardis:

here is the brief description of the Tardis as it exists within it's own dimensional space. The Tardis is a free floating city like starship which rests within it's own reality, or dimension. it can move and bend space around it's focal point via it's massive "warp-drive like" engines. In actuality these engines power the ship through time and space. It moves and bends normal space around itself with it's focal point ending up in any place in space and time.

the Tardis looks like a massive circular platform, with engines pointing downward and set at equal points on either side of the circumference. on top of the platform is a massive series of block-y towers which are interconnected and set on a tesseral tract like motion, as each spins and winds inwards and outwards of each other..the entire top section reminds one of a tea-cup ride at an amusement park..from the top of the ship these towers make a hexagonal pattern, whilst from the side they look as if to be Massive containers of a sort stack on top of one another..each container like section can house upwards of over 5,000 rooms, and sections...even an entire artificial habitation section.. (the meadow with a simulated sky and clouds..) outside the structure the Tardis has a small atmosphere of energy clouds, which flow between the massive habitation-rooms/decks and exacts lightening between them at times.. like a static discharge.

the lower section which houses the main engines and drive of the ship is where the bowels of the Tardis is said to be.. in that large machinery area, you will feel the dimensional forces converge and a sense of euphoria will effect your mind.

beneath the center of the platform is the massive communications, scientific, and scanning equipment, which gives the Tardis a reading of the "normal" space time in which the ship rests..the actual use for this equipment was that once the time lord scientists landed on a planet, they scanned a massive area, mapping and categorizing all the life and producing a holodeck like copy which was placed in the master memory decks sections at the highest levels of the Tardis.. this information was updated every 1000 years as the time lords moved through each time zone, and mapped a planet's history to present day Gallifrey timelines, respective of their relation..by the time the doctor stole his tardis this type of Tardis was outdated.. Indeed the design of the Tardis does give one the feel of a massive and ancient ship..

the focal point (main console control room) is located in the center of the ship structure and is set above the engine section whereby it is connected to the massive deck sections and is connected to the umbilicus of the ship..from this spot a focal point into 3d space is projected and a link or gateway is maintained.. when the tardis lands, the occupant can leave and return through this manifestation. the focal point section can be removed and substituted with others from the extensive rooms and decks which the Tardis houses atop the engine platform..

when viewed from the top, the Tardis resembles a circle with a hexagon inside.. a staple design and homage to sacred geometry and math of which the time lords worshiped..

from the bottom of the ship we see massive coral like sections which suggest that the core of the ship was grown and then modified into the Tardis we will see from the side and top. the main skeletal and structural part of the ship is formed by the coral like tessellated membranes of nano carbon fibers..

a detailed schematic and explanation will be produced, in the coming days and will explain the nature of the Tardis ship and it's relation to the current and classic who series. so please stay tuned.. the Tardis designs conform to the recent 4th dimensional Tesseract theory and will fall into line with those elements of science set forth in recent comic books and published data.

trust me, this design will make more sense then any of the others I have ever done!

and I will beg, seriously beg, for it to be done in 3D format.. maybe drex of the drexfiles can help, anyone know him??

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  14. starsuperion

Here is a sneak peek of what I am working with.. this design is not final.. but the final will look professional, as this is only a rough work up to place the design..

anyhow take a look..
    [​IMG]

yes those are galaxy class enterprise and dreadnaughts below the tardis... the top spins and rotates, as each pillar of rooms spins, and the bottom spins, and the warp like engines below the ship spins as well as the scanning equipment..

15. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Before it gets too old, here's a thought on desgn variants, or perhaps a challenge:

1) In "Castrovalva", the gang jettisons about 25% of the overall superstructure, basically by cutting rooms loose randomly. In your setup, what would this look like?

2) Assuming the interior of the TARDIS is reconfigurable to an extent beyond just changing the desktop theme (which in your setup probably would not affect the external look of a TARDIS at all), what would the Doctor's ship look like after centuries of travel, reconfiguration, damage recovery, and so forth? If you were to apply the logic from "The Eleventh Doctor" et. al., the swimming pool has moved from wherever it was as part of the repair process. If you took your exterior design, ripped up all the pieces, and told the TARDIS to rebuild itself from them, what would this look like?

I'm having fun just looking at your work and speculating on the above scenarios. Have you put any thought into anything like this?

Mark

EDIT - And I just realized your newer thread covers part of this. Please ignore what isn't relevant - my bad!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  16. starsuperion

No worries, actually this thread will remain relevant, cause I have a design that encompasses everything we know already about the Tardis..

Basically the Jettisoning of 25% of the Tardis is from within living sections, as the massive engines of the Tardis remain in tact.. so with that logic, it is quite easy to understand how the ship can remain overall in form, and look almost the same, as the rooms in the new design addresses how they can reformat and rebuild themselves, as well as reconfigure..check out the latest post in the new thread to see the final designs for the tardis among others like the time station zenobia, and more coming soon, as that structure will answer many questions.. also, this thread will be updated in time with a total guide to the Type 40 tardis.. and it will rock!:techman:

actually Mark, I am going to take your quotes form here and address them in the other thread with the new design added for viewing..