X-Men: Apocalypse announced for May 2016

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Sophie really is perfect for a young Famke. First Peter Dinklage, now her - is Singer a GOT fan? Perhaps Kit Harrington as Hugh Jackman's replacement down the line?

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Excellent casting choice for Jean. I'm not familiar with the other two actors, but I'm sure they'll be good. Bryan Singer has a very good eye for casting actors.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think this will be the first time that a redheaded Marvel heroine has been played by an actual redhead. Famke Janssen is a brunette (as is Shailene Woodley, who almost played Mary Jane Watson in ASM2), and Kirsten Dunst and Scarlett Johanssen are blond.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Sophie Turner is a natural blonde.

7. Christopher

^Oh. The pictures showing online mostly showed her as a redhead. I guess we're still at zero. Although the redheaded Bryce Dallas Howard did play the blond Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man 3, ironically enough.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Wondering how these kids will fit into the story. Are we going to find out how they first joined the X-Men?

I will miss the original actors. They have become who I visualize when I think of the X-Men.

9. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

Not loving the jean grey casting at all. I am also very nervous of the age of apocalypse storyline. I would have preferred the film to be broken in two parts. that storyline was just too huge unlike DOFP which was only 2 comics.

10. Christopher

Well, of course the movie isn't going to be an exact retelling of the comic story, any more than any of the previous movies have been. They'll just draw on elements of it in crafting their own story, one that fits their needs as movie makers.

11. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Not terribly surprising. She coloured her hair red to film the series pilot in 2009 and hasn't changed it since.

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Why do you assume they're doing Age of Apocalypse?

13. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I was wondering the same thing. The character existed long before that single storyline.

14. Dales

Dales Captain Captain

the film will loosely be about the AOA storyline but I think it will follow the story by like only 10%, some things in the story just wont make sense. for example in that story rogue is married to magneto and they have a child together and legion who is Xavier son kills Xavier and so on. so I don't see them follow the story properly.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Will Xavier finally be bald in this one?

16. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ And since Patrick Stewart recently said he wouldn't be in the movie, does that mean this'll be the first Singer X-film without a few opening words of wisdom from our Captain? Will McAvoy inherit that gig? Or does Stewart not yet realize he will, in fact, be pit-stopping by a voiceover studio at some point?!

[​IMG]

Someone call Carl and Bob. The public has a right to know!

[RIGHT].
    [/RIGHT]

17. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper Lieutenant Commander

Is Evan Peters not in this? I assumed that since Days of Futures Past, he'd be part of the team?

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Who says?

19. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

You are only speculating. I loved the AoA storyline as a kid, but as a movie? Maybe down the track, but not after DOFP.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Age of Apocalypse is the basis for the story, in which the future is a wasteland ruled by Apocalypse. The world's only hope is for an X-Man to be sent back in time to undo...wait a second... :shifty: