Project: Potemkin, a Star Trek Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Potemkin_Prod, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Project: Potemkin is pleased to announce that downloads for major video formats as well as poster art and cover art can be found on Pauley79.com. From here, you'll enter the site and select the Project: Potemkin tab. Once on the Potemkin page, you will be able to download episodes/vignettes of Project: Potemkin.

All videos are downloadable as an iTunesĀ® Podcast, and have been formatted to work with iTunes. If you subscribe, new episodes will be downloaded automatically to iTunes the next time your iTunes checks for new episodes. Alternatively, you can download individual episodes in various formats.

We're all very excited by this new market for distributing our productions. We will continue to make FaceBook and Vimeo links available on our website, but for those fans who want a specific video format (AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV), they'll be able to access them on Pauley79.com. Also you'll be able to access poster and DVD cover art for our productions.

While at the Pauley79.com site, you'll also be able to access other fan films as well, including Star Trek: Phase II, Starship Farragut, Star Trek Continues, Star Trek: Of Gods and Men, and Star Trek: Renegades.

Be sure and check out this exciting download site!

3. Barbreader

4. Potemkin_Prod

Thanks. We'll be adding additional video formats as well.

My thanks to James Pauley for agreeing to serve as a download site for them!

5. Potemkin_Prod

6. Barbreader

7. Potemkin_Prod

With our upcoming 90 minute telefilm, "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky," we're still looking for some help with the VFX. According to RH Barr, he's putting together some nice, hi-res, animated, matte paintings, but needs someone else assist in actually compositing them into the footage:

"I'm using LightWave11 for all my 3d work. The intention is to simply divide the workload without requiring assets to be rebuilt. Anything that can import/export lwo, obj, or fbx files without mangling them should be fine. It would be nice if we could find someone who could open lws files (lightwave scene files) natively that way we could potentially pass off some of the rendering to others, but this seems unlikely since they'd pretty much have to have a recent LW version (LW9.6 or up) with nearly all the same plugins to make that work smoothly. In fact, they'd probably need LW11 (the latest version) since many of these shots will probably involve instancing, which didn't exist in prior versions of LightWave."

RH Barr will set up all the shots involving the <spoiler> ships this coming weekend, and render them out over the course of the week so at least we can get that out of the way. He also will be redressing the Potemkin so we can get the generic "Potemkin in orbit" shots out of the way. RH will also be doing the city mattes and the key <spoiler> element. The city should be easy, since it'll be mostly instance based.

But we need help. Everything was shot and edited in 720x480 DV. To match everything correctly, it would be best to deliver all the VFX at that resolution. We'll probably deliver as a 640x480 square pixel MP4 or similar variant.

If anyone is interested, please contact me so that I can put you directly into contact with RH Barr.

Thanks!

8. Potemkin_Prod

This is a sample of what RH Barr has been working on for Project: Potemkin:

[​IMG]

9. Barbreader

The picture doesn't show for me.

10. Potemkin_Prod

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Potemkin_Prod

Hmmm. Weird.

Try this:
    [​IMG]

13. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, yeah, I can totally see that.

So, the structure is CGI? Looks great!

(I wonder if you have a browser cookie that's allowing the link you originally provided to work for you, but which prevents everyone else from accessing the pic through it. If you clear cookies, and the link stops working, then that's the reason. Or, it's a permissions thing. Could be a lot of reasons, actually.)

14. Potemkin_Prod

Not sure. It shows up on Facebook. Lots of comments and likes on it. It could be that the forum permissions are messed up. No matter. As long as it gets seen.

And yes, the wrecked spacecraft is totally CGI. I suspect that the trees are CGI as well.

15. Barbreader

Now I can see it. I did see it on Facebook before, and it's very cool.

16. Potemkin_Prod

I think folks are going to be very pleased with this episode.

17. Barbreader

I'm really looking forward to it with enthusiasm!

18. Potemkin_Prod

I may upload the test clip to Facebook as a video shortly. Just depends on how long it'll take, and whether or not I can get it uploaded before heading to work.

Tomorrow is a big day: we're shooting "Beach Towel."

19. Potemkin_Prod

20. Barbreader

Wow, I linked to that from your Star Trek Reviewed webpage! Super! (Err... that's from The Night the Stars Fell From the Sky, right? I posted it as a NSFFS teaser of sorts...)