Godzilla 2014: Rumors, Pix and filming

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gojira, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guess I'll have to return home before I can see it. Understandably, sites like Twitter, FaceBook , PhotoBucket and others get blocked by our company firewall. (Strange that the TrekBBS is not.)

Sincerely,

Bill

2. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

4. Captain_Amasov

I'd like bigger dorsal spines than the model had, though I'm okay with the rest of it.

5. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I'd also like more scales. That model looks kinda leathery. And brown, though that could be the lighting.

6. Gojira

Honestly, that is my ownly problem with it too.

7. MOSUGOJI

MOSUGOJI Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The dorsal plates on that model also need to be somewhat thicker and have more texture to them. To me they look like shards of broken glass as they stand ight now.

8. Gojira

This model was at the Comic-Con Godzilla Encounter and it is not the final design. That will be revealed this Saturday.

9. MOSUGOJI

Hey Gojira,ever go to the Godzilla message board over at Club Tokyo? There is a big discussion of the famous Godzilla fan film "Legend of the Superbeast Godzilla vs Wolfman going on over there. The fan film creator was at this year's G Fest and showed footage from his unfinished project. He made a kick ass looking copy of the '62 Godzilla suit for it. I've made several Godzilla suits over the years myself. If I like the 2014 design maybe I'll get off my ass finally and make another G suit.

10. Gojira

No, I haven't been on that message board....I am on Toho Kingdom. I will check that place out. I am dying to see Godzilla vs Wolfman. I heard that if all goes to plan they will release it as a DVD.

11. MOSUGOJI

From what I've read there is like 10 hours of rough footage. Apparently in an earlier version of the movie the wolfman looked different and they made a duplicate of the Mosugoji suit from Godzilla vs Mothra 64 for it to battle. Also at some point Baragon was going to be in the movie since there was also a picture of the baragon suit they made for it.

12. Gojira

I heard it does need to be edited down. I didn't know that Baragon was in it! That is cool!

13. Captain_Amasov

Not "new" film related, but can anyone tell me what the hell is this?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcn3Mrzi2VE[/yt]

14. MOSUGOJI

I'm not really certain myself but the G 2000 suit battling the Final Wars Angilas may be from a japanese pachinko(misspelled?)game and a fan edited it all into this video

15. Captain_Amasov

16. MOSUGOJI

I guess I could live with the design if it is indeed that statue. I would prefer some tweaks on it here an there and I'm not too thrilled with the snaggle tooth look of the bust. Hopefully that part isn't the final version.

17. Gojira

I am not crazy about the cobra neck on that one or the smaller spines. If those two things are tweaked a bit I will be happier.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm actually okay with that design. i think the fins do look small, but then maybe we all just got used to the giant fins of Millennium Godzilla.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I never cared for the oversized fins in the Millennium-era films. They were disproportionate.

20. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Shusuke Kaneko's version in GMK and the one in Godzilla:Final Wars didn't have the spikey fins of the other ones. And at least those concept models are close to a traditional looking Godzilla unlike the Roland Emmerich version.