Do you think one of the Enterprises in the TNG ep "Parallels" was...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Rock, Apr 24, 2013.

1. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

...from the JJ Abrams Trek universe? And by that I mean that scene near the end where all those different Enterprise D's started popping in.

I would like to think that at least one of those Enterprise D's was from the JJ Abrams Trek universe. :)

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Do you think one of the Enterprises in the TNG ep "Parallels" was.

It would have stood out. It would be double the size of a super star destroyer, have nacelles large enough to house their own colonies, and it would be generating its own lens flares. Also, at the end when all the Worfs were assembled in the shuttlecraft, one of them would have been young, good looking, and generating his own lens flare. So no, I don't believe the Abrams timeline was represented there.

3. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously, I wouldn't think so, since all of the Enterprises featured came from the same time frame- just different universes. The Abramsprise came from more than 100 years earlier.
    However, it isn't bad for humanity if you want to think it was, so why not?

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I doubt that was anyone's intent during "Parallels" production, but Trek is always open to interpretation. Weren't all the Enterprise-D's identical?

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The ones we saw did look alike, yes.

If there's an Enterprise in the 24th century of the Abramsverse, it is almost certainly going to be completely different from the Ent-D we're used to. Probably everyone on board is "new", as well. The timelines will have diverged way the hell apart by that time.

I think it's more likely that one of those alternates was from a MU where the Empire still exists. :)

6. The Wormhole

Who knows, maybe when the blu-ray of the episode is released an Abramsified Enterprise D will be among them. Or if that's too much work, one of the ships will generate a lens flare when it pops in, to signify where it originated.

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I read speculation on TVtropes that the one where Riker is captain and Worf is the first officer and married to Trio might be from the JJverse due to the bridge having some similarities to the JJprise like that big glass display thingy behind the tactical console.

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Maybe the Borg-destroyed one was from the Abrams verse.

Think about it. In the Abrams-verse when the Borg attacked, instead of using clever strategies involving planting subtle commands in the Collective, Riker probably just beamed over and started shooting. Naturally, the Borg took over the Federation in that universe.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt the JJprise-D, if such a ship even exists, was in the neighbourhood when the universes started to merge.

Considering the size of the new Enterprise (725 meters in length compared to the original's 289), let alone the size of...
    The USS Vengeance, a top secret Federation Dreadnought - which is at least twice the length of the Enterprise. It's a motherf:censored:ng monster! 1450 meters plus - by comparison the Enterprise-D is a puny 642 meters.
    ...I can't imagine the alt-Federation returning to the exact same design their Prime-verse counterparts do a century later.

That said, somehow the Mirror Universe NCC-1701 is identical to 1701-prime, despite the identical USS Defiant having emerged into that universe 100 years previously and fallen into the hands of the MU NX-01 crew.:shrug:

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Since we won't ever see what happened after Sato took over the MU, I chalk that up to her being lost with all hands following a military coup and all of Imperial Starfleet's vessels swarming Defiant all at once. Yes, she may be more powerful than each individual ship, but likely couldn't withstand an alpha strike from a large portion of a highly weaponized and armored fleet. The Imperial scientists wouldn't have had time to study its technology before getting destroyed. The only thing they would have had is a general layout, most likely, and 6-view orthos from sensor scans. Hence, the inspiration for the Imperial Constitution design in the 23rd Century, which they might never have had if the Defiant hadn't been there! Fits perfectly... :)

11. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I love hand-wavium! :D

12. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm inclined to think tha the MU 1701 was only identical on the outside, but had superior weaponry to it's prime universe counterpart. I believe that a lot of scientist types, being naturally questioning sorts, probably ran afoul of the political orthodoxy of the empire and were liquidated. (The novel Dark Mirror, though not canon of course, did say that Soong had been killed and that therefor there was no Data.) Much of whatever research was being done would concentrate on weapons, but everything else would probably be of lesser priority.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've read that they planned to do more MU episodes had Enterprise had a fifth season, and I can imagine something like that happening.

14. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope.

15. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Nope to what?

16. The Wormhole

In fact, the plot outline for season 5's MU episode was given to Pocket Books by Mike Sussman and they turned it into a story in one of their MU anthologies.